South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 06:08 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default "Just Do It" Wednesday Beach Chat

Good Morning

I'm "Just Doing It" today. I've been up enjoying coffee and chores; thinking about my plans for the day. I had been stewing yesterday; frustrated that I had worked so hard on my bike before chaos hit and now it was going to be so hard to work back up. Ahhh...just do it. I put my bike on the rack deciding to ride home from the pool and during water aerobics decided it was a good month to track exercise. Afterwards, I hopped on my bike and rode all over town. It was so good to get back and to also recognize how my head helps defeat me before I ever start.

Today, I think I'll do the same thing again. Funny how that works. I had a good food day until later last night so I just went to bed and miraculously got 8 hours. Chokecherries are ripe and abundant so I think I'll hunt more down today.

What's everyone up to? Sit and chat before heading out!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-04-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning to you, Debbie! Good for you for getting yourself back on track with your exercising and eating. I know you're feeling much better, mentally, as well! "Just Do It" is going to be my mantra for the day.

Our power went out overnight, we must have had a storm, and it's looking rather gloomy this morning. Coffee and thoughts of my upcoming vacation will help brighten the day, though.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:38 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Thanks Debbie, that's just what I need to see this morning. Happy biking!

Cottage - Are you counting down yet? Our vacation isn't until mid-september so too soon for me to count. At least the storm should save you from watering the garden today.

I started doing some work for the new job yesterday. Met with the person training me and we made our big plan for the next 3 months, then attended a meeting. It was fun and I'm looking forward to really getting into it.

I actually managed to squeeze exercise into a super busy day That's been a challenge for me, I knew I'd be too tired at night and made time for a good walk during the day. Speaking of, it's time to plan out my day.

Hope you hump day is an easy one
Old 08-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi, Linda! I'm glad you are on the vacation countdown. It's nice catching up with you...July just went away for me.

Cyndi, thanks for the biking wishes. I'm glad to hear you feel the new job is promising. Happy planning!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Debbie. I just whined a bit elsewhere about my upcoming busy day but you have inspired me to just do it. My Mother used to say "Stop griping and just get on with it!"

Coffee is first as usual and then another load of laundry. It's muggy and showers are expected so I'll have to use the dryer, alas. I do like the smell of things dried outside but need to get organized for a wee trip tomorrow.

Jazz got into a mess of burrs yesterday just before pet therapy so we had to cancel. I spent well over an hour picking them out. This morning I must explore the dog jungle and see if I can spot the plant. They are those wee burrs that look like BB shot. Both dogs do pet therapy at the Clinic this afternoon and then go to the kennel again as I have a very early train to Stratford in the morning. Claire has asked me to dinner but it will be an early night as I have to be in Kingston before 7:30 a.m.

Time to "just get on with it." Have a great Hump Day but no uphill running, OK?
Old 08-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all.

Debbie - Great job on the riding! I hope your attitude is contagious.

Linda - Vacation? Where and when?

Cyndi - I'm impressed that you got your exercise in; good for you. How nice that you are looking forward to the new job.

Ruth - Burrs on fur - yikes!

We are still in a heat advisory here so not sure if I will get my own biking in or not. Today I am accompanying DH to visit another dentist for a second opinion on some expensive work. This one is over an hour away and I am not looking forward to another long day in the car right after our recent trip, but that's life as a supportive wife, I guess.

I wanted to say "hello" and "welcome" to all the newbies I seem to have missed quite a few while I was gone recently. Glad to have you joining us.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:57 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning!

It's another rainy day here - and if the weather man is correct it's going to stay that way all week. My sister in law picked a lousy week to visit "Vacationland". We're making the best of it though, feeding her well and doing lots of shopping. She loves outlets so yesterday was Freeport and tomorrow we'll do North Conway.

I love the chia talk thread, thank you everyone who posted. I hope to find them somewhere today and if they're not easy to get around here I'll order online tonight. Most of my munching is a head thing, not actual hunger, but after looking at the links I'm impressed with the other health benefits, too.

Enjoy your Wednesday, friends!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Heidi, I hope you have luck finding the chia seeds. They are pretty easy to find in most of the larger grocery stores in my area. That's a shame that it's going to rain during your SIL's visit, but shopping sounds like a great pasttime. I really enjoyed shopping in Freeport and could easily spend an entire day there.

Karen, I'm going to Cape Breton, NS, with Ruth for a week at the end of this month.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ruth, oh, I know those burrs very well! They go on much easier than they come off-just the point for a noxious weed. Have a great day preparing for your "wee" trip.

Karen, maybe you'll find something interesting on your drive today. Ouch for expensive dental work in more ways than one. We're lucky it's cool here in the mornings for bike riding.

Heidi, glad you're having a nice visit despite the rainy weather!

Well, I seem to be ready quite early this AM so I guess I'll finish my kitchen project and enter another recipe into the family cookbook. I'm really enjoying getting all my recipes organized.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi all! Cottage, have fun on your trip! I'm going to Nigeria on 8/8 for 3 weeks so I'll be MIA. I have an appointment with my therapist at 2pm today. Take care all!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:59 AM   #11  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' all! How's fall looking up there in the northeast? Today's already looking much better than yesterday here (mood-wise), and I've only been up for 30 minutes. Yay! Had a yummy pecan-crusted tilapia last night with roasted red pepper sauce. DH kept saying "we should have this again, huh?" so I guess he liked it too.

Today's grocery day. I'm hoping I get lucky with chia seeds.

I'll check in again later. Have a lovely day. And thanks for the coffee!

~~Sally
Old 08-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #12  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ladies! Its going to be a hot one. They are advising people to stay inside today as temps are supposed to get up to 102 and with the heat index feel like 107-115. unbelievable. This heat has not given us a break all summer long! I long for the days of the upper 80s! even lower 90s would be nicer! whew-ok, I will stop ranting about the weather...

I think I will stay inside today and paint the trim. I am pretty sure that I have all the things to do it and won't have to run out in this heat... but I will check to be sure before I get started and before the temp hits its high! I think I found my living room furniture. We've had our old stuff for a while and its time for new. I brough home pictures on my digital camera and showed them to DH and he said: "didn't they have any that weren't ugly?" !!!! I can't help but laugh when I think about it now but geez. he said well I don't care as long as they are comfortable... I think it takes him a while to get used to things- he says he has no problem with change but more and more I think its bs...lol oh well, my decision anyway... I think I will wait until a bit later this weekend to go back and look at it to make sure that I really like it.

Ive rambled long enough time to go start the painting!(or taping first)
Old 08-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Heidi - I have shopping envy. DH and I planned a stop in Freeport a couple of years back on our drive from Bar Harbor to Boston. And my family used to go to North Conway a lot from our cabin in NH.

Linda - Sounds like fun!

Debbie - DH wanted to ride anyways so we went and I am glad we did. Yes, it was hot, but not unbearably so. But my face was beet red! I guess I can't use heat as an excuse anymore.

Okie - Have a great trip.

Sally - That sounds delicious! But like a lot of work to make.

Rikki - I have to agree - comfortable is key. I hope you like what you found.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #14  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Been ripping and roaring all day,
but just saw this "raw fried rice" video that looks pretty good..
will let you know when I try it out.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #15  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Cat- That looks delish- although I don't care for cauliflower- but you will have to let me know how it turns out....(and if you can really taste the cauliflower!)
Closed Thread