South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 06:27 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Straddle Weekend Thread

Hard pressed for a title this morning but it is a "straddle" weekend with today in July and then tomorrow in August. July was the hottest on record around here and the AC sure got a workout. This morning it's chilly with the temps in the mid fifties.

Not a thing on my calendar for today but I'm sure the day will fill up. I'll spend some more time learning Simply Accounting and also do more weeding out front. Despite all the heavy mulching I harvested a big wheelbarrow of weeds yesterday and still have about 1/4 of the bed to do.

It's lovely to have a few "free" days to enjoy summer. I hope I can remember this next January!
Old 07-31-2010, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

We had record-breaking temps throughout the month of July here, too, but it's a lovely 61* right now. This summer is going way to fast and in just a few weeks, school will be starting.

After breakfast this morning, I think we're taking Carley shopping for a new bike. She and Jake were trying to fix up the little two-wheeler we keep here in the shed for the kids, but Jake decided it's time to buy a new one. The rest of the kids will be coming later this afternoon for a day of swimming and BBQ. It looks like today will be a busy one!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:00 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning What a lovely cool night it was, perfect sleeping weather (DW is still sleeping!)

We have a busy weekend ahead. I've got all of last weekend's chores plus this weekend's packed into one day. Tomorrow we head down to the coast to set-up DW's photo exhibit so nothing else will get done. There are fun chores on today's list though - gardening and blueberry picking. Those will balance out the shopping, laundry and cleaning I plan to get a real bike ride in too. It's been way too long since I've been out on my bike!

The sun is out and it's going to be a perfect weekend. What's on your agenda?

ETA
Ruth - Happy gardening

Cottage - Sounds like another lovely family weekend for you. I'm trying to focus on the summer ahead and not worry too much about fall but it is sneaking up on us.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-31-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:58 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Glad you are having cooler weather...that's just a dream here right now...hot as hades even early in the morning.

No plans for the day. I thought the Satchmo Fest was this weekend, but it's NEXT weekend. That's better because it will be a nice ending to my summer. Went to go see "Dinner with Schmucks" yesterday. Pretty mindless and ok funny-wise, but not great.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:38 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm going to try and get rested up this weekend. I'm still exhausted! We're going down to the river again for doggie walking and then who knows what else. I think I'll skip the farmers market today because my frig is full. My garden chore will be to move my zucchini plants out of the buckets. It just didn't work out well and I've found one spot where they'll get water from the automatic sprinklers while we're away.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-31-2010, 08:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey all! I had cereal for breakfast and I will be going to the bank today!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:14 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning

Nice day here too. Have to finish my apricot jams this morning (15 250 ml jars) which will be nice Christmas gifts. Then we are off for a walk by a nature walk about an hour's drive from here. Still losing weight and am so glad to have a scale which shows point loses because I would get discouraged if nothing showed. Also have to organize the house because we are leaving next Sunday for Mystic Harbor and Hampton, N.H. pretty excited about that.
have a nice weekend, as Cottage says its racing on.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #8  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Ruth- I am sooo longing for the cooler temps! We've been in the upper 90s for over 2 months now and I am ready for fall!

Cottage- Sounds like a fun afternoon! your 60s sound even better than Ruths 50s!

Cyndi- are you guys just torturing me with all of the perfect weather talk? Enjoy your weekend and bike ride! I really enjoy looking at Julie's website I can only imagine her exhibit will be great!

Cat- we thought about seeing that movie last night as well, but after reading reviews decided against it... and any other movie in the theater right now! lol

Debbie- I need to take a lesson from you and not go buy veggies when my fridge is pretty well stocked!

FO-

Sophie- enjoy your weekend and the nature walk! Sounds great!

As for me, yes, I kind of just jumped back in here... Im going to consider myself a P3sbd'r I can't seem to find another place to join in here-and I basically eat p3 like so I don't think it will be a problem? actually after looking I suppose I am mostly eating p2, with the occasional extra fruit- so guess who is back?! Nice to see that my weight has started moving again since I have changed my eating habits- well, I am working on making them habits now... its my first week... anywho- not much on the agenda this weekend except I would like to get some painting going in the downstairs- kind of hard to do room by room in my house because the entire downstairs with the exception of laundry room and bathroom is all open... so I have to really commit to painting it all! Well, hope you ladies have a great weekend and I look forward to catching up with those of you not on fb!
Old 08-01-2010, 06:03 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We are off to the coast to get SW's photo exhibit set-up. Then it's a few hours of greenie and mosquito feeding which we prefer to think of as birding
Have a lovely Sunday Chicks
Old 08-01-2010, 06:05 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Coffee on the deck this morning but I'm wearing a velour robe because it's a tad chilly. It's August and you can smell fall out there.

I kind of hung out around the house yesterday - some accounting, plant fertilizing and lots of relaxing and reading on the deck. The dogs love that - they go and explore their jungle aka weedy yard and then come charging back to get petted. Today I take them to the kennel for overnight and drive on to Ottawa for dinner with my friend Shirleyanne and some other old friends. It's a holiday weekend so I plan to be back here around noon before the long weekend traffic starts. The next long weekend is Labour Day and Cottage and I will be back from our week in Cape Breton.

This week should be interesting. The dogs have pet therapy Tuesday and Wednesday and then go back to the kennel Wednesday night. I am taking a little mini-trip- to Stratford. It's a good thing my furries love the kennel and even pull to get in when we arrive.

As soon as I finish this coffee I'm going to start a laundry and then plant my fall spinach crop before Church. No flies on me this morning! I guess I had a really good sleep.

How is your weekend shaping up?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jake and I are having our coffee on the sunporch while listening to the light drizzle. No pool today! It's a tad muggy and supposed to be stormy all day. That's fine with me. I have a good book to read and plan to curl up with it and be lazy all day, after I get the laundry and sheets done.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm sitting here waiting for my boys to get up, showered, and on the road. We'll drop of DS1 at the airport and then drive the 7 hours home. My eating has been horrible but I am not beating myself up (much) about it.) I have 6 days coming with no travel or house-guests so am going to do a stint of PH1.

We did get in two bike rides while here, almost 50 miles. It was so fun to have a change of scenery. I had a flat tire and we got soaked in a downpour but I still enjoyed it. Wish we had such a great trail system at home.

Will catch up tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ladies! Its a beautiful Sunday even if it is unbearably hot! Its also my Official WI day and I was down a smidge,.2 but hey its still down... That made 4.2 for the month I believe... but this month I am hitting it hard! Working on painting the downstairs today. I primed the walls last night and the actual painting begins today... wish me luck!

Cyndi- I have started carrying those little deep woods towelettes with me- they are awesome but I hate the smell of bug spray so I don't use them unless i have to! Avon used to make the BEST bug spray that actually wasn't sticky and didn't have any scent. I wonder if I can still find that...

Ruth- I am still envious of that chilly weather! I sure wish my pooches would enjoy us taking them to the kennel... granted its at moms and they are fine after we leave but I feel guilty when they are barking at us when we leave! lol

Cottage- enjoy your lazy day reading(that sounds fabulous to me!)
Old 08-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone! Gonna have some veggie soup for dinner!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi All!

We slept in this AM and barely had time to get to church. There was a call for weeders at my good friend's house-she had neck surgery 3 weeks ago and will be in recovery the rest of the year..we were lazy...it was cool and it rained last night so weeding seemed easy.

I'm home at last and have a pot of beans going while I putz around. See ya'll tomorrow!
Closed Thread