Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/160/130

Height: 5'3"

Cool New incentive, new goal

I've been struggling with some very stubborn pounds for the past few years, and I've half-assedly tried to lose them at various points, with mixed results.

I'm staring down the barrel at 35, with a new and younger man in my life, and plans to visit Europe in the next few months.

It is that last bit that is my main motivation to FINALLY shed those pesky pounds. I do NOT want to be pegged as another fat American. I want to wow EVERYONE with how trim and happy and sexy American women are.

3FC seems to have an awesome community and I really need that kind of support, since I'm the only overweight person in my family. I also get really sick of dieting and fall off the wagon, so the more nagging and encouragement I get, the better.

Cheers!
GloveBoxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #2  
losing and schmoozing

S/C/G: 175/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6"

Yay! Sounds like you have fresh wind in your sails - that's great! Put some pictures of your favorite European destinations around your home/work space to stay focused and remind yourself of what motivates you to keep going... and it will make nice artwork too.
cornellchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #3  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Good luck. Where in Europe did
you plan to visit?
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #4  
Happy Member

Europe is quite an incentive. I loved visiting Europe. Best of luck to you on your weight-loss journey.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #5  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Yeah, but over here the jokes are more about the morbidly obese American, not the American that could stand to lose a few pounds (as can some people around here). I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about.

But I definitely understand wanting to look your best for your holiday. We're going to America in September (or October) and I don't want to embarrass Europe by looking like a cow!
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/160/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanx for all the encouragement ^_^

I'm planning to visit Ireland, as I've cousins in Cork that I've never met, and then Scotland, as there's a gentleman in Glasgow who has promised me a pint of pink ale and a walk on the moors.

And I wasn't sure what would be obese by European standards, fivestone, which is why I'm worried. >.<
GloveBoxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #7  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveBoxHeart View Post
Thanx for all the encouragement ^_^

I'm planning to visit Ireland, as I've cousins in Cork that I've never met, and then Scotland, as there's a gentleman in Glasgow who has promised me a pint of pink ale and a walk on the moors.

And I wasn't sure what would be obese by European standards, fivestone, which is why I'm worried. >.<
Oh, especially in Ireland and Scotland will you be OK. The UK and Ireland tend to be very tolerant about a variety of sizes (they're probably the bigger portion of Europe, anyway, truth be told.) Here on the mainland, again, no worries, unless someone is really out-of-control with their weight. It's not that anybody teases them or anything, but extremely large (and by your stats, that is NOT you) is the stereotype that goes along with Americans.

I'm sure you will have a great time! Most of all, I hope you're happy and healthy, and can focus on enjoying yourself wherever the number on the scale falls for you.
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote