Old 07-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #235 Bale of Turtles Getting Through the Heat!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #2  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Princess1122~ Nothing really new here. I think your heat is headed in our direction! Back on the meds and hoping to feel better soon!

bandit2~ I'm still stuck on only having sweet potato fries, how do you cook your sweet potatoes?

Itryharder
~ Good to hear that the hives are finally disappearing! 6lbs. is awesome! I also agree that the hives must have had something to do with some water retention. We're looking at some serious heat moving our way starting today and going through the majority of the week.

TOM is kicking my butt right now. I just want to sleep all the time and eat every piece of chocolate I see (I only like chocolate during this time of the month, can't stand it any other day). My friend who has been in all the trouble is back in the state, so I got to see her yesterday which was exciting. This is looking more and more like it's going to be a legal battle that goes on for years, but seeing as how what really happened has come out, and they are STILL going after her even though they know she didn't do anything... Gonna be one heck of a lawsuit when this is said and done, and I hope she gets so much that she is set for life. Sorry, some ranting.

I picked some cucumbers out of the garden this morning for lunch today. I'm going to put them on my yummy fiber wheat wrap with some low fat roasted red pepper cream cheese I made. I love days when I can be excited for lunch!

Enjoy the rest of your day!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Princess - when we have bingo we can bring guests for that time only (other than our yearly open house) We play .25/per card per game and we each bring in a gift for the winners table. Then last game we pay $1/card for the jackpot and 1/2 goes to winner & 1/2 to chapter. We average about $125 for the club which is a easy fun way to raise money. Always a big hit with our club.

Kim - With the sweet potatoes I sometimes make fries, or bake and top with abit of sour cream, or roast in oven with other root veggies with alittle oil.
I chop up leftover baked ones & put cold in my salad (very good)

Going to movies tonight with my ladies group & that means popcorn for dinner
(I know I don't HAVE to have that, but not having popcorn at movies is very hard to do - did that a few times, with taking my own pretzels & survived)
But I now have the extra day before my weigh in to "flush out all the salt"
so hoping that will be OK. Will see on Thurs at weigh in.

Judy - hope you are doing even better today with those hives.

Nice sunny day up here - getting hotter by the minute, so will be nice to sit in cool theatre tonight.

Have a great day.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
KimL, your friend is caught in the "system" and it's sounding pretty horrible. I'm wishing her well for a good outcome. By the way, your roasted pepper cream cheese is inspired! I'm going to make some for myself. I have ff cream cheese and roasted red peppers right in my fridge and it sounds like a great start to a lunch. Here's to your getting through TOM and the chocolate and

Bandit, have a great time at the movies. Last time dh and I went to see Inception I brought my own popcorn (I know they frown on that-----but I paid $5 for a diet Coke, so I can justify it LOL) It's no where as good as the movie popcorn, but I like the point difference. Your TOPS group sounds good.

All goes well here. I picked up my grandson this morning and he's ready for his "sleepover". We'll see since he's come for a visit like this before and he can't quite make it. Hopefully now that he's a little older, he'll be able to settle in and get through the night. My hives are better, but not gone. I'm hoping for the best. You've all been great. The weight is pouring off me-----how weird-----so I hope the hives don't come back.

Princess, glad you didn't have to go to ballpark in this heat. We've just been invited to dinner on Sunday afternoon and I know they don't have air conditioners. Oh dear----well, I'll have to do my best. Boy, I sound spoiled, but I can't take the heat. I never complain about the cold because I really like it, but the heat is hard for me to take. Maybe I can get a in before the party.

Talk soon.
Judy
234.6/190.6/lower and closer to goal
Old 07-28-2010, 08:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning Turtles! Happy Wednesday!

I got in another walk at lunch yesterday and then did another 1.5 miles on the treadmill while supper was cooking so over all I have gotten in 2.5 miles per day this week. Tonight I am going to catch a water aerobics class at the gym and will walk on my lunch hour again.

Super hot here with humidity so thick you can actually see it, the air just filled with water. Garden is chugging along, I cooked up the green beans that I had picked over the weekend, they we very good with crockpot chicken and boiled red potatoes last night.

I have not tried any new recipes lately, it is just too hot to get creative... LOL. Looking forward to my TOPS meeting tomorrow although the scale is not doing much the exercise feels good and that is what matters to me right now... a little something from the scale would be nice too, I won't lie! LOL

Bandit: Thanks for the bingo info! I am going to suggest it at this weeks meeting. How is the heat treating you?

Judy: Good luck at W/I today! I am eager to see how you do... I am so excited for you!

Kim: Glad to hear that your friend is getting a bit better although it does sound like a long road for them.

Tessa: How are you doing? So how many horses do you have?

Cherry: Hope you are hanging in there!

Have to run... back later on!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #6  
Make it to the moon...

Princess1122~ Great job getting your walks in!!! The heat is definitely suffocating!

Itryharder~ Did you try the cream cheese? I also live to add some garlic in it as well. How did the sleepover go?

bandit2~ How was the movie? I really like the idea of adding sweet potatoes into a salad!

Last night was a little rough with some big parties showing up really late and just before our closing time, so I was there really late. I didn't even get home until 11. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I don't have to work at both school and the restaurant.
I didn't come well prepared for lunch today, so I have to count on the lunch here being somewhat healthy. The woman in charge of the summer school lunches is super health oriented and very conscious of using organic, local foods, so there is always something with every lunch I could have. I did however bring some baked tostitos and my homemade black bean and corn salsa. Super high in fiber and AMAZINGLY yummy. I tried it with celery and carrots last night, which was surprisingly good as well!
Happy Hump Day!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #7  

Hi ladies! I have been reading everyones posts. Looks like everyone is doing fairly good this week. Weigh in this morning was 239.8. That is down -0.8 since last week. I guess that is pretty good since TOM is here this week.

Kim- TOM is kicking my butt to. I am sooooooooo tired and i am struggling with the emotional eating.

Princess- Humidity is bad here to. Heat index has been in the triple digits for over a week. This weight is killing me. As soon as i walk into this heat i feel like i cant breath.

Judy- So excited that getting your hives to start going away has helped so much with your weightloss, plus all that exercise. Cant wait to hear how your weigh in went.

Bandit- Sounds like you had a fun time. How was your evening at the theatre?

LinS- How are you doing this week?
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I am so excited!!!!! : Getting on top of my hives (at least for now) allowed me to finally lose weight this week to the tune of 7.8#. I also got my 50# down ring for my keychain. Yay! I am so excited.

Cherry, losing weight at TOM is amazing! Give yourself a pat on the back!
:

I've gotta run, but I just had to share my good news.
JUdy
234.6/182.8/179and closer to goal. (I hope this next goal is reached quicker than my last one!!!!!) I will *never* see 190# on the scale again.

Last edited by Itryharder; 07-28-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #9  

Hi turtles:

Judy - Fabulous news, you rock! That is truly amazing - you must be so excited about that - I can't stop smiling!

Princess - you are doing such a great job with your exercise and that will make such a differance at the scales, keep it going!

Kim - Seen Grownups at the movies & it was very funny, abit silly in parts but good fun evening with the girls & of course popcorn for dinner is always a treat. But I will probably pay for that tomorrow at the scales.

Cherry - Nice to see you posting and have good results at the scales.
Baby steps gets us places we want to be, so good for you!

Was pouring rain up here this a.m. - but the grass/flowers definately need it.
I can't remember having such a hot summer, but the next few days are suppose to be sunny and abit cooler, which will be really nice.

Long weekend coming up, so extra long for me with having Friday off as well.
Will be nice having 4 days off.

Have a good evening, everyone!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning everyone! Happy Thursday to you all! Tomorrow is Friday... happy dance!

I went to my Aqua Fit class last night... first time at this gym and it was a very active class! The instructor was was a very young, very skinny, extremely peppy Brazilain girl that I think used to be a drill sargent! LOL... not really but she sure could have been! It was great, the water was super cold when I first got in but soon warmed up as we started working out. Will try and do that on Saturdays, Mondays and Wednesdays moving forward... it will give me a nice break from walking.

The scale is not moving... not one little bit! W/I is tonight so we will see how it goes.

Judy!!!!!! How cool was your W/I!!!! I am sooooo happy for you! A huge congrats!

Bandit: Enjoy your long weekend... I just love those! I don't get many at all as I am a contractor here so don't get paid for time off but I love them when we do get them!!! Good luck at W/I tonight... The movie with the girls sounds fabulous... I love those kinds of evenings.

Cherry: Great job!!!! A loss with your TOM is outstanding!

Kim: Sounds like you are doing pretty good and I am super glad to hear that! Eating is a challenge when you lack the prep time to pack your own, I struggle with that too from time to time but it sounds like you did really well!

Tessa: How are you doing?
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #11  
Make it to the moon...

Princess1122~ No prep time yesterday either, so I stopped at the grocery store early this morning and grabbed some fresh veggies and a SmartOne. Your Aqua fit class sounds really neat, I'm looking for similar classes around here, but have yet to find one..

bandit2~ My friend and I are going to see Grown Ups and Eclipse at the Drive-In tomorrow night. I'm psyched that we're going to the drive in, because I can bring lots of yummy, healthy, but evil, snacks of my own. Do you have any plans for your long weekend?

Itryharder
~ I'm so excited for you!!! Congratulations on being so close to 50#!!!

CherryAutumn
~ o.8 is awesome for a TOM week! I'll be surprised if I don't show a gain at the beginning of next week.

Clever Tessa~ How are you doing? The rabbits haven't eaten you have they? I have a psycho cat, I can send her your way for a weekend if you want her to wipe out the population for you, or better yet, my Mom's husky would have a field day eating rabbits for a few days!

Super busy at the restaurant again last night. I definitely got in a walking and lifting workout while I was there. Only had one pain table, which is unusual as there are usually at least 2 or 3 a night. They were super demanding with this one little girl who was maybe 8 or 9, and I kid you not, pushing 140-150lbs. She wanted an adult sized meal with a double cheeseburger and fries along with an adult size sundae. Our burgers are 2/3lb. single patties, and we include at least 3/4-1lb. of fries... she complained there weren't enough fries... The adult sized sundae is 3 scoops, again complained it was too small. I ran back and forth to them for over an hour, $100 check, got a $7 tip. Sad part is, I guessed I would only get $5. It's really frustrating to work so hard to give someone a good experience at the restaurant and then basically have them slap you in the face when they leave and leave a measly tip. Sorry, venting...
So I stopped at the grocery store this morning as I didn't have time to plan AGAIN, and got a bunch of cucumbers, carrots, LF cream Cheese and a Smart One. I already had a wrap in my bag that I grabbed this morning, so I think I'll make a cucumber and cream cheese wrap with some carrots on the side and maybe save the Smart One for tomorrow, or do vice versa... not sure what I'm in the mood for right now...
Happy Thursday!!! Week is ALMOST over! Tomorrow is the last day of summer school!!!

Last edited by KimL1214; 07-29-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #12  

Kim- That is so sad about that little girl. I try so hard not to rub off on my little girl who is 5 but i know that i do. I want to be a good example. Your wraps always sound so good. What kind of cream cheese do you use? Is it light?

Princess- Hoping you will get a good weigh in tonight. Let us know how it goes. That Aqua Fit sounds fun. Especially with this heat.

Judy- WhooHoo! What a great weigh in. Looks like you are so close to the 170's. Oh how i wish I was at that number to. Guess i got to work for it huh.

Bandit- Hope you have a great 4 day weekend. Also thanks for the encouragement.

LinS and Tessa- How's it going ladies? Hope your staying cool and staying healthy.

Lets Keep on Keepin on.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #13  

Hi turtles:

Princess - good luck tonight at your weigh in. I feel I will be up tonight - I had movie popcorn but then of course, overdid it yesterday as well.
And a long weekend coming up - but will have to get in more exercise and limit my snacks even with having company.

Kim - I am heading up to the lake for the weekend. We have a trailer up there that sleeps 6 and has all the comforts of home as well as A/C - so nice to be up there.

Judy/Cherry/Lin/Tessa - hope you all have a great week and good luck at the scales.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #14  
Make it to the moon...

CherryAutumn~ I use a fat free cream cheese and also use some fat free cool whip, makes more and makes it very light and creamy. I put so many roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes and garlic in it that just a little teaspoon is plenty of flavor. I'll write everything down and post it next time I make it.

bandit2~ Sounds like a great weekend! Have Fun!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #15  
Returnee

Howdy Turtles!

Yeah, MIA again.... see what happens when I'm in the office by myself? I've got horse and dog duty again - my Mom just left for the mountains with her friends and one of the horses. *I* don't have horses - they're all hers. All four of them... Her "wild boy", Paisley, is my favorite - he was in one of the wild horse round-ups and was adopted straight from the desert about 6 or 7 years ago now. He is broke now, but he's still just fascinated by humans. He watches us do *everything*. And there's the pups too, one old man mutt and a 2 year old 100 pound Chocolate Lab "puppy".

Speaking of the puppy - I'm tempted to tie him to the side of the deck to see what the rabbits think of him! I did check the holes over the weekend and sure 'nuff, they DO dead end into undisturbed chicken wire. So, bunny drama actually may be over.

Weighed in on Tuesday and was down 3.4 bringing my total since starting at WW to 16.2. Feelin' dang good. Was also surprised to hear that I'm less than 6 pounds from my first 10%.

Of course, I'm leaving for CA next Thursday to spend a few days with my best friend (and her kids, 19 year old daughter who's still not quite turned back to human after puberty hit her a few years ago, and a 4 year old son who's just so stinkin' cute, but is also, well, 4 years old).
Her house is always a little bit of a challenge because her husband is an *amazing* cook and their meals, are, well, different than what I'm used to (i.e. croissants with Nutella for breakfast....), but I'll do what I usually do and control my own breakfast and usually lunch. So the wild and wonderful dinners her hubby makes won't be catastrophic for my next weigh in! They've also got a pool so I'll get some swimming in.

Judy - wow.... so I wonder if it was the Neutrogena that got you too. I actually called the company and they seemed actually concerned. I was transferred over to a medical department and she asked for my Dr.'s name and number, the dosage and time I'd be on Prednisone and gave me a case number. Kinda interesting. I'm SO glad you're feeling better!!!!!

Kim - ok, so much to touch on - oh yeah, you need to post that red pepper cream cheese recipe 'cuz that sounds delish! I'm with ya on the depression and meds. I was put on Welbutrin for SAD 3 years ago and can't get off it now - it's a VERY unpleasant feeling, emotionally. So, Dr. said just stay on it year 'round. Hope you're feeling more yourself soon! And yes, the story about the kid broke my heart too. So sad.... You'd assume by now parents would know better??? Heart disease doesn't just miraculously appear at 50 or 70 years of age, it builds over time. Even on 9 year olds.

Princess - SERIOUSLY??? TOPS is raising money by selling cookie dough? Huh... not sure what to say about that! Jazzercise... well, it was a great workout - but the location was a definite no-go. Besides the fact that it's carpeted (carpet!!!!), it's in a strip mall, between two bars (guess what it smells like inside the Jazzercise room?) and the best part was that there was no window covering so the barflys could just stand there, have their smoke and watch us. Nah, I think not! So now I'm checking out the gym my Mom goes to - they have Zumba, kick boxing and other cool classes - AND it's $11 less a month than Jazzercise AND I'd have the whole gym at my disposal. Seems pretty no-brainer.

Bandit - enjoy that rain! We could use some that doesn't involve lightning... Hope it cools down for you guys up there soon!

Cherry - for the TOM loss! That's a real feat!

Ok, better wrap up or I'm going to have to find a publishing company... Have an excellent Turtle filled (and free) weekend all!

Tessa
Clever Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote