Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 06:58 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekly Chat July 26 - August 1

new week, new thread!

Link to last page of previous thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...h-25th-30.html

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 07-26-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:11 AM   #2  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally posted by WannabeIP: Ok so another NSV, had a company bbq today with all the fixens, cake ice cream ....I dont need to go in any more detail it was bad, I was worried about it so I packed my own food, turns out I didnt need too, I had a burger with no bun or sauce, and there was veggies and water so I was set. I even had a waffle cone chocolate carmel cup ice cream dangeled in front of my face (DH and I wasnt thinking darling husband at the time more like d**k h**d) sorry for the profanity but as he waved it in front of me he said "oh what you on a diet?" He was lucky I didnt go low carb brain rambo on his a**, he is usually very supportive, guess he just felt like being a jerk. I walked away and had my water, before I probably would have stolen the cone and ran like the wind found a place and ate it as he hurt my feelings, but its not worth it, cause then I get mad at myself for cheating and I wasnt the one being mean. I also would have cheated all night instead I went for a work out, yaaahhhh mmeee
This is for your DH:

This is for you:
Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Looking forward to another week! I have a busy one ahead of me! I have an interview today and another one Saturday. Wish me luck. I really want the one on Saturday. I guess I will wait and see how things turn out. Please send prayers my way!
Thanks,
Tina Lou
Old 07-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #4  

Quote:
WannabeIP
Ok so another NSV, had a company bbq today with all the fixens, cake ice cream ....I dont need to go in any more detail it was bad, I was worried about it so I packed my own food, turns out I didnt need too, I had a burger with no bun or sauce, and there was veggies and water so I was set. I even had a waffle cone chocolate carmel cup ice cream dangeled in front of my face (DH and I wasnt thinking darling husband at the time more like d**k h**d) sorry for the profanity but as he waved it in front of me he said "oh what you on a diet?" He was lucky I didnt go low carb brain rambo on his a**, he is usually very supportive, guess he just felt like being a jerk. I walked away and had my water, before I probably would have stolen the cone and ran like the wind found a place and ate it as he hurt my feelings, but its not worth it, cause then I get mad at myself for cheating and I wasnt the one being mean. I also would have cheated all night instead I went for a work out, yaaahhhh mmeee
Not enough cheers available in the world for your self control -- toward food and, toward , I mean your husband.

Quote:
pitakitten
don't remember where and who but I read somewhere that someone said to have a protein shake etc 30 mins or an hour before working out. I say NO, have it after. Before, you are going to have some tummy ache. I always have some of my veggies of the day about 2 hours before, that gives me the carb load to be able to work out. Within an hour after working out, I have a protein shake (I add some glucosamine in there too)...that has really helped my body from not being in pain after.
That's interesting. I've filed it away for the day when I'm ready to work out harder than 30-60 minutes of walking. Thanks!

Quote:
I survived the weekend without a single cheat. ... I've worked too hard and spent too much money to blow it on a weekend. I was at 191 Friday morn., this morn. I was at 188.6; my reward for not cheating.
It's quite a feeling of accomplishment to have held to your commitment, isn't it? And, to have the external reward of lost lbs -- priceless!

Quote:
Coastalcrafter
I did need an extra packet tonight,(hungry day) so I made it a pudding again.. Feeling shameful I just weighed myself and to my surprize my weight was lower than this morning by 1 full pound( I am always 2 pounds higher in the evening)
Please don't feel shame about having 1 extra packet. You were hungry and you made a GREAT choice to deal with it.

Quote:
nonnag
Hubby and I are both doing so great on the IP program. Before we started I always wore my shirt out to cover my belly fat. After just a couple weeks on the program I had to go down a size on my shirts (I wear ladies-style t-shirts every day, and shorts or capris). This morning (for church) I was able to wear a size 12 PENCIL skirt with a cute little sleeveless top. Hubby had to go through the closet trying to find a shirt that didn't swallow him whole! Lovin' it!!!
I KNOW! Isn't it amazing to pull out the "thinner" or "less fat" clothes and have them fit, or even be a bit loose? Have fun playing with new styles with your new bod and new confidence!

Quote:
sillyputty
My intro pack is done... I weigh in tomorrow... I think I am down 6 pounds or so, which is good I guess. I have to pick all new things to eat. These are the ones I like.. which do you think are best for me to have reguarly? I don't have any nutritional info on any as they came in singles for me to try...

Wildberry yogurt
puddings
chocolate drink- seems this should be a restricted?
mushroom soup
jello
I've kept a couple of higher carb restricted packs (cereal, capuccino, chocolate drink) around for when I might feel a carb craving. Don't know if the omelets will work for you but I really like them. I make two really thin ones in my 8 inch non-stick pan. I actually roll them up and eat them with my fingers.

Gotta get to work! Have a great Monday everyone!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 07-26-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #5  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Erin-- bikini pic was so impressive. Not just that you look great but that you posed for the camera...
Pitakitten - I'm with you on the thighs. Actually my whole legs. 10 lbs off of each one should just about do it. Oh and the top of my arms too--- maybe 5 for each of them. Why can't we target weight loss??
Linden- you are so right. We will walk like crazy in italy but here's a ??
What to wear for shoes? You look so American in tennis shoes. A couple of years ago in Rome I wore black Merrill sandals. So comfortable but so ugly.

Summer almost over?? This week's thread says August 1. I'm not done with July yet. Can someone please slow this all down??? I love summmmmmmmmmmmer.
Cheating tip of the day-- have an extra packet or two if you must cheat. Then it really isn't cheating at all. That is how I've had only 3 cheats in 23 weeks. The other cheats I didn't count were when I had an IP bar or an extra drink-- much easier on your pancreas.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-26-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #6  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Here is the NSV I had over the weekend... I tried on my prom dress that I wore to my best friends prom in 2003...

Not even close to getting it done up, but I was just amazed that I could actually get it on! And it makes my forever shrinking boobs look bigger!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 07-26-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Good morning, everyone!!

Although I just couldn't drag my butt out of bed at 5:30 this morning to go to the track, I still feel pretty good about myself - due mostly in part that I cleaned out my drawers this weekend and I'm wearing a size smaller in top and bottoms today. I wasn't able to zip these capris up before and now they are very comfortable - not at all too tight. So yeah, me! (Can you tell my kids like the Disney channel??)

Anyhoo, I have my second weigh/measure tomorrow evening - wonder if I should start going for that in the mornings instead? With the sea salt, am I retaining a little fluid that I wouldn't have if I did it in the morning?

Congrats to everyone for all their successes and triumphs!! You're all doing great!!

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:
Old 07-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone, I have been on vacation the last two weeks and last week was very bad. This past weekend was even worse. I cannot believe myself how bad I have been. Today I feel like crap and have made a promise to myself to be 100% all week. I did not see my coach last week but will see her this week no matter what the scale says !!! You all continue to inspire me and so thankful I can read all your successes.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:51 AM   #9  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

So I tried my first restricted packet (Maple Oatmeal) this a.m. (middle of my 8th week on IP). My coach let me use her recipe book so I actually used two packets, mixed with 1 large egg white, a little Splenda, and some water to make a batter. Divided into two portions, spread in circles (4" across) on parchment paper and baked at 400 deg for 10 minutes. Ate one with WF strawberry jam...will save the other for next week or give to my coach. I was surprised that it made a chewy satisfying breakfast...thought I might miss my pudding shake but seems o.k. Now I'm praying that all will be good scale-wise this week..

Marilyn
Old 07-26-2010, 10:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

What to wear for shoes? You look so American in tennis shoes. A couple of years ago in Rome I wore black Merrill sandals. So comfortable but so ugly.

[/I] I lllooooovvvvvveeeee Keens, Dansko's and Chaco's. All expensive brands, but definitely worth the price in comfort and how long they last. I agree, Merrill's are comfy, but extremely ugly!

Thanks everyone for posting your NSV's this morning! FANTASTIC way to start a MONDAY
Old 07-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

OMG! First weigh in this morning... down 6.5 pounds and 8.5 inches! I feel really great and I even had a few looks as I was walking down the street in my tanktop. I heard I would have lost more if I ate more salad, but I just can't do the salad thing every day especially since I hate the WF dressings ewwww... I am experimenting with vinigarettes but nothing really cuts it just yet. I feel excited about this new week... hiding out in my house has helped LOL. Hope you all have a great week too!
I can't wait for my ticker!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Way to go sillyputty! That is wonderful for your first week! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #13  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

to lisa4972...I'm in Conyers!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #14  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

FINALLY! I didn't screw up and post on the old thread, and the only reason I didn't is because you can't anymore. YaHoo!!

NOVAK - Thanks for all the info on the phases. I'm a lot less worried now.

HOPEFULTRICIA - This is getting a little freaky. I'm going to Italy too! But the 3rd week in September. I also have been planning and hoping to reach Phase 2 by then. Which means I have to lose 21 lbs. in 8 weeks.

JORDANA - CONGRATS!!! I spent 6 years on fertility drugs too! No luck. If only someone paid closer attention to my thyroid! Not to mention that all those fertility drugs got me heavy and kept me heavy. However, if I didn't go through all that I wouldn't have my wonderful 7 year old adopted Son. Things happen for a reason. I'm not surprised you were able to get pregnant after losing so much weight.

KELSEY - Just wanted to make sure you know that I responded to you 3 weeks ago, and kept trying.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #15  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

TO EVERYONE:

I was informed by my coach yesterday that the ready made drinks are being reformulated and will not be available for a MONTH!!!! I'm freaking out!!!!

Is Lindora really the same tastewise?
Is using the vanilla pudding the same tastewise? Do you add 12 oz. of cold water like someone mentioned last week for the chocolate pudding?

I tried EAS Advantage - Ugh!
I tried Premier Protein Chocolate - its ok, but can't find vanilla.
I tried those metal cans at Target - Even bigger UGH!
Closed Thread