Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #1  

Default Wonderslim (and similar plan) Users

I am extremely interested in the program. I find WS to be much more affordable and after they sent me a catalog I now get a ton of coupon offers in my email.

I am on food benefits and I get $200 a month. It is really hard for me to justify spending money on any diet program. I know with WS there will be items that I will still have to buy like vegis and lean meats for my 1 meal. But I need some sort of a plan to get me back on track with weight loss, exercise, and eating right. I feel so overwhelmed at the grocery store trying to figure out what to eat and make a meal plan for myself. Honestly, I do not have a lot of time to spend stressing over what I am going to make. I like the idea of WS because I live with my fiancé and we have his daughter on the weekends, so I am still able to cook meals so that we can eat together, where as NutriSystem and Jenny Craig do not have that option, it is all their food. I have done NS back in the early 90s and did quite well. It just does not interest me this time. Plus, the cost is more.

I just have some questions if you don't mind me answering.

What do you buy at the grocery store?

Do you cook your 1 meal with what you are making for your family?

Do you travel with WS?

What is a sample day menu for you like?

Feel free to give me any other tips, tricks and advice.

Thanks!
irishchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/207/190 (mini goal #1)

Height: 5'4

What do you buy at the grocery store?

Basic meats: chicken breasts, fish. Once in a while I'll get lean beef or ground beef or ground turkey, mostly to add to some of the WS products.

Veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, squash (zucchini, yellow), spinach. Lettuce and mixed greens salad mix, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, mushrooms.

Fruit (you can have fruit and starch on WS, but I mostly have fruit.) I stick with berries, mango, pineapple, tangerines. Mostly berries. And not everyday.

Starches - If I do have a starch, it is usually in the form of 1 slice of whole grain toast.

Do you cook your 1 meal with what you are making with your family?

It's just my husband and I but yes. I'll add something extra for him like quinoa or rice. If I'm making chicken, I'll grill mine with lots of herbs and maybe add barbecue sauce for him, etc.

Do you travel with WS?

Yes. The drinks are easy to travel with, as are the bars. If I am staying in a hotel, I make sure I have access to boiling water for the cappuccinos. The cold drinks can be mixed in a bottle of water. Of course, if you're staying with family you have that whenever you want. Now that it's hot, I pack the chocolate bars in a cooler with a couple of gel packs to keep them from melting. (we drive around mostly)

Sample Day Menu:

We'll do today's menu:

Breakfast:

WS Cappuccino (I don't eat much in the morning)
2 Bariwise Biscotti

Mid Morning:

WS Chocolate Cream Shake
Water

Afternoon

WS Vegetarian Joe over 1 slice whole grain toast
Tea

Midday

WS Sour Cream & Onion bites OR WS Fudge & Graham Meal Bar (depends on how hungry I am)
Water

Dinner

Grilled Mahi Mahi (fish) over 2 cups shredded lettuce
Water

Evening

WS Caramel Pudding
OR
Two ice pops made with Protidiet fruit drinks (I have ice pop molds where 1 ice pop is about 3.5 oz. 1 packet of the fruit drink makes 6 - 8 oz. of fruit drink so I can have two pops and call it 1 meal.

Water and my multivitamin. I take my vitamin at night because I am drinking so much water during the day I'm afraid I'll wash it all out of my body. At least while I'm sleeping it will have a fighting chance of getting into my system, if that makes any sense.

Tips:

-Drink LOTS of water. I use a 16 oz. mug so I can get my liquids in with minimal effort. I just try to have one mug with each meal. I also have green tea when I get tired of all the ice cold water.

-Don't forget your multivitamin. This is important. Dieting leaves you vitamin and mineral deficient.

-Exercise. Now I am saying this while confessing that I hate exercise. With that said, I make myself get off at least two bus stops before my stop and walk the rest of the way. On the weekends I try to walk around my neighborhood park with my DH at least twice a day, once in the morning before it gets too hot and once in the evening once the sun has gone in.

- I find mixing and matching the Wonderslim, Protidiet and Bariwise products really help with variety for me. So look around the site and try things out.

I have been on this for 2 months and lost 19 lbs. so far. It's slow going but it is working. I really hope this helps.
glassbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

thank you for posting that, butterfly. I really liked seeing how you made it work.

I'm on a higher calorie modification (so far, I'm losing SLOWLY on 2000 cals, but want to lower it to 1600).

I've only just started using some of the WS products, and see which I like enough to maintain using. I think I could use a modification of your system--I'd add more fruit and veggies and some extra carbs, as I'm not interested in being in Ketosis, just using protein WS products to curb my hunger at and between meals, which it IS doing, thank God.

I have placed my second order, trying other things I didn't try the first order, and am reordering hotcakes, Joe, shake/pudding, hot chocolate, and oatmeal. I'm now gonna try puddings, meal bar (though the bars make me nervous with the ingredients including sugar and corn syrup, etc). I wish they'd use erythritol instead of maltitol (gives me gas and runs), and stopped using aspartame and high fructose corn syrup and sugar. I mean, Low Carb shouldn't have that stuff, really. I also ordered a box each of the cereals. They sound pleasant.

Again, thank you for posting your schedule of meals.

Last edited by Mirtika; 07-25-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/207/190 (mini goal #1)

Height: 5'4

You're very welcome. You're right, low carb products shouldn't have sugar and corn syrup. After all, that is the major carb most people are trying to avoid ( I know I am). This time around, I ordered more savory items. I ordered the cheese puffs and potato crisps to see how those are as I started getting sick of the sweet stuff and all the chocolate. Now I have to be particularly careful of the sodium I take in. Always adjusting. Sooner or later I'll find a balance.
glassbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #5  

Thank you!!
irishchik is offline   Reply With Quote