Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #1  

Default Food Cravings

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have been battling weight issues all my life. I think one of the things that has made it so hard for me is I tend to get tripped up by food cravings. I'll be eating sensibly for a week or so and the next thing I know I'm craving chocolate cake and, sometimes, that craving is too strong to resist.

So I've been playing around with finding a way to beat those cravings when they pop up and I think I've found one! I've been using this method for a few days now with incredible success so I thought I would share it here and see if it works as well for you as it has been for me. The process is really simple and it only takes a few seconds to do:

Imagine you are eating that food you crave and let yourself really taste it. See yourself eating it and taste how good it is. Now play this "movie" of you eating that food backwards really, really fast. It should only take about 1 second to rewind it. Don’t worry about details or seeing everything happen, just get back to the beginning of the scene as quickly as you can.
Now play it forward again, seeing yourself eating that food and really tasting it. You probably notice that the taste isn’t as intense. Play the movie backwards again really fast and then play it forward again. Each time you do this you will notice that your interest in that food decreases more and more.

I've found that doing this process once is usually enough to take away my desire for whatever I'm craving.

Hope this helps!
jh16 is offline   Reply With Quote