Old 07-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #1  
Carbs are evil

Height: 5'6"

Default I WILL suceed!

Ok so I've messed up. I have *slowly* lost a stone so far. Silly me thought "well maybe i can start having healthy breakfasts like granola and berries since im sick of eating meat in the mornings" - big BIG mistake! I seriously should have known better. Give me an inch and I will take a mile - when it comes to carbs at least.

Anyway, this is me saying to all of you, I f-d up. If you're prone to carb binging like I am, don't give yourself an inch. I'm going back on proper Atkins induction as of tomorrow morning. I won't say "hopefully" I won't mess up ... I WILL NOT MESS UP (this is my determined head talking)

Thanks for reading my rant
imstuffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5"4

Hello Imstuffed!! I am on induction now. My mom and I are doing it together. I am going to stay in induction phase for a month and then slowly add berries and jello. Thank you for posting this because if I even thought I could handle carbs I now know that would be a big mistake. Good luck!! Welcome back to Induction!!!
kaylasmom010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #3  

If you are "sick of eating meat in the mornings" you could try a cheese omelette. Use 1/2 cup eggbeaters(=2 eggs), and 1/4 cup shredded lowfat cheddar or colbyjack cheese. (egg beaters = 60 calories, 12g protein; cheese = 180 calories, 16g protein)

I also have a protein shake (made w/water) 120 calories, 23 protein, 2g fat, 2g carbs.

Totals:
calories: 360
fat: 8g
carbs: 6g
protein: 51

Last edited by Sherrie568; 07-20-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Sherrie568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #4  

I often have eggs for bfast, but this week one day I had leftovers from dinner the night before. One thing is for sure...in order for Atkins to work, you need to work the plan. Good luck!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on losing a stone (that's 14 lbs., right?) !

I've never been much of a breakfast person....though I MUST have my coffee every morning. But I agree with the others here....omelets are a great option. For some reason, I found that I got sick of eggs faster if I ate them hard-boiled as snacks (with some mayo). That got old really fast....but with omelets, that didn't happen...especially if I added all sorts of interesting ingredients to them (cheese, veggies, bacon, etc.).

Also....one can get adjusted to eating non-breakfast foods for breakfast. Years ago, when we were on the swim team as kids, we would eat steak in the morning before a swim meet, as we were told to eat protein for breakfast on those days. And we got accustomed to eating steak for breakfast.

I also LOVE farmer's cheese....although it can be difficult to find (I get it at Super G here) and it has zero carbs. For breakfast, I would put a pack of splenda and some cinnamon on it.
There are also recipes for low-carb "muffin in a cup"-type things. I know some of the gals here know that recipe.....and it can be really helpful with breakfast menus.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:47 AM   #6  
Carbs are evil

Thanks everyone

I've been offline for a few days but have still been sticking to plan. It's my TOM but I have still managed to lose another pound and reach the 15lbs mark

I think eggs are a good option for breakfast. I just need to get myself more organised and get up earlier in the morning to eat!

Thanks so much for your responses, they have brightened up my day
imstuffed is offline   Reply With Quote