Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #1  
sweetpoison

S/C/G: 224/230/160

Height: 5'5"

Default Wonderslim users ... please tell me...

I have looked over the website and cant seem to find the total nutrional makeup of their items...

Could you tell me what they use for protein (I cant use soy)
and
could you tell me what they use to sweeten their product (cant use Aspertame).

Thanks so much for any info... stuff looks good.

Vicki
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
I have looked over the website and cant seem to find the total nutrional makeup of their items...

and

Vicki
http://www.dietdirect.com/wonderslim...ingshakes.html

You can click on the link and that is for their shakes (just click on the nutritional tab). The rest of their website is like that as well.

They do use Aspartame in all of their shakes it looks like. Although it does not say how much, so whether you are just sensitive or allergic would determine whether you would try it or not. Hope that helps. They have wonderful customer service. If you still have questions I would urge you to use the chat/email. They have a Live Help button for quick answers.

Good luck! If you have any other questions about personal use or are going to try that or any other shake/protein diet feel free to stop by our daily thread here.

Last edited by MutableParadox; 07-20-2010 at 04:44 PM.
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 226/207/190 (mini goal #1)

Height: 5'4

Most of their products use either, soy flour,soy protein isolate, Soy protein concentrate, soy fiber and/or soybean oil. A lot of the products also use aspartame as a sweetener.

-The Wonderslim crispy bars have no aspartame but they do contain soy.
-The Wonderslim Snack bars(the softer ones) have soy and the Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cookie dough have aspartame.
-The Bariwise Bars contain soy but no aspartame.
-The Wonderslim Shakes contain aspartame and I think a couple have soy lecithin (an emulsifier)
-The Wonderslim Fruit Drinks EXCEPT for Berry Blast contain aspartame.
-The Wonderslim Smoothies have Acesulfame-K (aspartame in disguise) and the Berry one does have soy.

It's a lot of reading but you should look at the entire site before you buy. The other products (bariwise and protidiet) work well with the Wonderslim IMHO and I mix and match. I had to make a choice between dropping the soy or the aspartame because so many products carry it and I chose to drop the products that have aspartame. The soy products I limit to two - three a day instead of 5. A couple of the products that don't have soy or aspartame:

-Protidiet Fruit Drinks
-ProteinRite Dite Shake/Pudding
-Wonderslim Creamy Alfredo
-Wonderslim Cheesy Mac Pasta
-Wonderslim

A lot of diet plans use soy as their main protein source, including Medifast. For me the conflict with aspartame is more of a concern for me than the conflict with soy. I have been drinking soy milk for years without any problems and that is how I made my choice. I really hope this helps.
glassbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

The nutritionals are there. You have to click on the tab for it. I had to read them all before ordering asssoted stuff to make sure not everything was soy. I try not to have too much soy. It's there. Look again.
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post

and

Vicki
You may be out of luck. Some of the stuff I noticed had sucralose. But a lot has aspartame. Some of the stuff has no soy. Lots has soy. You'll have to be very careful, but this plan is not for you, nor MediFast, if you have to avoid both soy and aspartame.

I had not used aspartame in years, but since I wanted to try some WS stuff, I'm breaking my rule. I prefer to avoid most soy, but again, I'm trying to balance it here, too.

That's why I can't do wither program fully (MS or WS). Eventually, I'll probably just gather info, deisgn my own plan, buy or make my own products to use at home that gives the right nutritionals minus the soy and minus the aspartame. But I sort of have to get the gist of it first.

Luck to you...
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote