South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Questions about Phase 2

I'm on the first day of my second week of Phase I and I have a question for when I get to Phase II. Is Special K a good cereal to add back?
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

from the Phase II list:
Cold: choose ones with 6g or more fiber and 8g or less sugar
Hot: serving sizes vary check the label for recommended amount. Choose whole grain and slow-cooking varieties (no instant types) with at least 3g fiber and no more than 2g sugar.

and some suggestions from others. A word of warning though - check ingredients and labels because companies change formulas and not always for the better.

Special K is definitely not a SBD friendly cereal. The ingredients are primarily white rice with sugar as the third ingredient and corn syrup 6th, sneaky sugars. Sorry.
Ingredients
RICE, WHEAT GLUTEN, SUGAR, DEFATTED WHEAT GERM, SALT, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, DRIED WHEY, MALT FLAVORING, CALCIUM CASEINATE, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), ALPHA TOCOPHEROL ACETATE (VITAMIN E), REDUCED IRON, NIACINAMIDE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B1), VITAMIN A PALMITATE, FOLIC ACID AND VITAMIN B12.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-19-2010 at 05:50 PM.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

If I were you I'd try a Kashi Golean or maybe a fiber 1 even the protein special K is mostly fluff
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies, u've saved me from making a big mistake. I just need some flavor in my cereal. I know everyone is different but which ones are allowed that taste good 'cause I'm not a big fan of just plain cheerios! I guess I'll wait till I go to the store to see if they have more than 8g of sugar!

Last edited by BellaLucia; 07-19-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Okie - the internet can save you lots of time in the grocery store. Multigrain cheerios are primarily corn and honey nut are too high sugar.

Along with the cereal rules all the regular rules apply so it can be challenging to find something you like that's on plan. I usually don't eat cold cereal but when I really want one the Kashi cereals on Beachgal's list hit the spot. Good luck
Old 07-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #6  

Thanks, I think I'll go with Kashi Good Friends. When u have brown rice, what brand do u buy, will any do?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

I get my rice from the bulk section As long as it's 100% brown rice the brand doesn't matter. If it's your first time making it try the recipe for baked brown rice. It's the only way I can get my rice perfect every time.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-19-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #8  

U cook it like regular rice. I don't want to bake because I don't wanna screw it up. I'm adept at cooking white rice, same process Cin city, lol.