South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 06:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default "FRI" Day TGIF Chick Chat

I don't know if I'm being "fried" or "steamed", but it's pretty darned hot here already. I got up at 4am to bake a cake that I promised for Cindy. I had planned to bake it last night, but it was just too darned hot, even with the AC on. We still have several loaves of banana bread to bake to take along on their vacation, but the girls and I will do that later this afternoon after we get back from swimming, and heat up Cindy's kitchen.
I have to leave soon to pick up the girls and drop them off for their tennis lessons, but I'll have 2 whole hours to myself before I have to pick them up again. Afterwards, I'll let them cool off in the pool and have lunch at the club before we head home to finish packing and get the rest of the baking done.

Whatever your plans are for the day, I hope you manage to stay cool!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage Looks like a sizzling weekend here too. Maybe I should drive down for a dip in your pool So if the girls are going on vacation does that mean you are also on vacation?!

Quiet day here. Woke up with very annoying allergy eyes in the middle of the night so I predict lots and lots of coffee in my day. DW and I are going out tonight. The local coffee shop (owned by a local farm - great food!) has a monthly Open Mic so we will have dinner there and hang out. We went out last night too. We rarely go out two nights a month so this is a big week. Boy kitty is having another episode of bladder stuff so I'll stick around this weekend and go to my parents next weekend instead. Blueberry and raspberry picking are high priorities along with squash drying.

Hope your Friday is a breeze and has one too
Old 07-16-2010, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone.
It's raining and very windy here !

Had a major slip off plan yesterday, today I'm dealing with a very bloated tummy (drinking lots of water, thanks zeffryn!) and horrid cravings.

It's a quiet day for me, just pottering around at home and may go out to the library later on.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:39 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not too hot for coffee, I hope. Your day sounds really busy.

We are sort of muggy here after some rain last night. I'm hoping it moves out of here soon as it's the Pypers' last full day at the cottage. They've had a wonderful week and have spent so much time in the Lake that they should be growing fins. I must say I have really enjoyed a "quiet" week with four fun-loving dogs. I can't believe how well they get along - people could take lessons.

Not much on the agenda today which suits me fine. I'll carry on with "niggles" which will make next week - a busy one - less stressful. The Pypers will be here for dinner tomorrow night so I need to do a bit of planning and maybe shopping. And there's always that stack of alterations - if I stall long enough on shortening summer pants, I can just put them away for next year.

I hope your Friday isn't too FRI!

ETA: Big wave at Cyndi and Artemis who snuck in while I was blethering.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I opted to keep an eye on things at the farm while the family is away, since I have planned my vacation for the end of August. It will still be a pretty easy week for me, though, and I may take a day to take Amber down to the shore to visit the girls.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Happy Friday, ladies! We started the day with an earthquake here. I slept through it, but DH was up and said he thought a really big truck was passing by and shaking the house. The epicenter wasn't too far from us and it was a 3-point something on the Richter scale. Funny.

From here, it's a coast into the weekend. I'm worn out from my long day yesterday, so won't try to work too hard. My niece will be stopping by to talk wedding veil, and I may have a phone interview with the job recruiter. DH has been working hard on the front porch, reinforcing some soft spots, and sanding down to repaint. It's looking great and it'll be nice to cross that off the to-do list.

Oh, and I think I've found my bra! I have a really odd bra size and I guess I'm built weird because I have a terrible time finding anything I like. I have actually been searching for years and been through dozens. I picked one off the clearance rack at Kohl's last week, and have it on today, and it's pretty good! I am way too excited about this, but I'd better get online and see if I can order more - hopefully it wasn't on the rack because it was discontinued.

Otherwise, pizza night at my mom's tonight. Hopefully I've got something in the freezer I can take for me.

cottage, baking does not appeal right now, ick. I'm sure you'll enjoy your quiet week.
Ruth, I see your foursome is temporary. I tend to put off my mending/alterations until the season is past or the kids (or I) have outgrown the things.
Cyndi, mucho coffee for me today too. And water. I am achey behind the eyeballs.
Artemis, quiet days are so lovely. Hope you enjoy yours to the fullest.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:42 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all. I'm on coffee cup #2. The first one is for necessity and the second for enjoyment! No plans at all today other than some light housekeeping and cooking.

Had a wonderful day yesterday. We ended up going to downtown Baton Rouge. Ate at a great place called "333 Bistreaux". The food was fantastic. I had a tuna salad..seared tuna encrusted with black sesame seeds. It was killer. My husband had a hamburger stuffed with shrimp and crawfish with a great sauce on it...I had to have a bite.
Then we went to the old governors's mansion for a tour. It was Huey Long's house and really neat. Then off to Wholefoods to load up on stuff I can't get here in town. Wholefoods is like a big amusement park to me.

Hope everyone's day is all you want it to be!!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-16-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm multitasking through my morning so I can get to the pool. Rudi has been backboarded out and I'm sitting in the yard. It's very cool here in the AM-I could almost wear a jacket. I've made juice for my Mom and need to get her breakfast so I can leave here in 20 min.

Have a great day everyone! We're taking a drive to the our organic restaurant for breakfast this morning and Mom has a Dr appt this afternoon. That takes care of my day.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #9  
sophie

Good morning,

I too have had my coffee and actually picked two cherry tomatoes this morning, boy were the sweet.

Not much going on, we are sticking close to home because in August we are going away for a week to Connecticut(DH just loves Mystic Harbour) and Rhode Island, I checked out Traders Joe and there is one not too far from where we are staying so am all excited to visit my first one. I don't think I can bring anything by dry goods over the border.
Hope everyone has a good weekend, summer is flying by.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread