South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Slipped off plan, feeling ill. Anyone else have this happen?

I slipped off my P1.5 this morning, I won't describe what I ate in case it triggers anyone, but it contained wheat and sugar. And I ate a lot of it. Two hours later, I feel achey, have a headache, and my stomach is hugely bloated. The jeans I've been wearing comfortably for the past 2 weeks are now cutting into my waist area so bad it leaves deep red welts.

Does this happen to anyone else?
And does anyone else find this somewhat scary? And motivating...Wheat and sugar must be pretty toxic to my body to have this happen so fast after eating them.

This is enough to make me get right back on plan. I usually make a full day of it when I slip but this time I'm back OP with my next meal, which is dinner.
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Have you ever been tested for celiac or gluten intolerance?

Sugar and high-GI carbs make me bloat like crazy, and I often just don't feel right after eating them. It seems like the longer I go without eating them, the worse my reaction to them is. The only thing that helps is 1) time, 2) LOTS of water and 3) totally clean eating.

Good choice in starting back on plan with dinner instead of waiting until tomorrow! Doing more damage isn't going to undo the little that you did do.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #3  

Hi zeffryn.
I haven't been tested for either. I am seeing my doctor next week and will mention it. I've never noticed it before.
I suspect I'm the same way as you, these 'bad' carbs just dont suit me.
Although I do seem to be able to eat potatoes with no issues at all - they dont even trigger cravings.

Yes, back on plan as of now, still bloated like crazy, look like I'm going to give birth in the next month or so!!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I have had similar feeling of being ill after an indulgence, usually if I really have a carb binge. I have a lot of fluid retention and my skin feels even a little tender over my stomach & back area from this I think. It's hard to describe, but definitely not good. I don't have severe bloating, but definitely feel very gassy and uncomfortable. It always reinforces that SB is infinitely more healthy for me to eat!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #5  
2X4 no more

S/C/G: 320/284/140

Although painful it is kind of good to find out in this way that these items are ones to stay away from. Usually its those painful lessons we learn the most from. Although I really hate to hear that you are hurting.
Yeah like zeffryn said: Flush it out with lots of water.
I should be transferring to ph2 but I am afraid that anything I add will send the scale upwards. So I'll probably ph1 it until I go to the docs for my weigh in.
woodgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:23 AM   #6  

Morning Chicks..

well lesson very definitely learned, I am having immense cravings today, after being fine for a while.

I can handle potatoes, I can handle brown rice, I can handle quinoa.
I cannot handle wheat, or sugar.

I've never felt better on any other WOE than I do on SB. I'm not yet a success story. It's been a very long and rocky road, but this is the right WOE for me.

woodgal1, I understand the anxiety about moving to P2. There's a great thread on the FAQ section of our board, it may help. Good luck with it!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:50 AM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Hey, if you want to eat bread but don't want to deal with the issues, try the sprouted grain breads (Ezekiel, etc.). I have an issue with cravings when I eat regular bread, but nothing with the sprouted grain breads.

Hope your cravings go away soon!
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote