South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 06:16 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Threading Through Thursday Thoughts

I'm really reaching this morning. I guess I need another coffee and then will be back. (Dogs need out all at once!)

Back with coffee......

Having these four dogs is no trouble at all. They are getting along really well with lots of playing from the two young ones and lots of snoozing from the two "old ladies". I was out for supper down at the cottage last night and my neighbours said there was no barking or howling.

Wonder of wonders, I don't have to go to the Bank today unless they call me. The pack and I will be home! I just might finally get the ironing basket emptied and do a bit of sewing on some alterations that have been hanging around. On the other hand, there are some lovely bright quilting cottons just waiting for me to get creative. Can you tell I'm obsessed? And then there's drying chard, weeding, power-washing and silver polishing but those are shoulds so........

First though is taking out the trash - a MUST, not a should.

I hope your day has just a must or two and that you can ignore half of the shoulds.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I was just hanging around, hoping you'd get us started. My mind is blank this morning, too.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:23 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quick, coffee for everyone!

We are heading back to hot around here, though the humidity never left so even 75 felt oppressive. I have to figure out how to exercise in this weather because I have been a slug. Getting up early just isn't as easy when the heat interferes with sleep.

Today I have an all day orientation and brainstorming for the new job. Should be fun. I hope to have my official offer letter in hand too. Once I do I'm going to make a time-line for transition. I'm debating working a week or two at half time just to have some planned time to relax and do home stuff before jumping into the new job.

Heat or no heat this morning I start running the dehydrator. We used all the summer squash I dried last year so I need to get plenty in. It goes into just about every crockpot stew all winter. Saturday will be blueberry picking. I moved my NY trip because boy kitty is having issues again and I don't want to leave him home alone all day Saturday.

How is your Thursday shaping up?

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-15-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:28 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Ha! I came back. Why is it sometimes so hard to crank up the day?

My young neighbour just popped over and took my trash out to the road for me. Gotta love it! One must down the tube.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:28 AM   #5  

MORE, please!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, now I'm ready.

Ruth, I'll be doing a little sewing this morning, too. I bought a few pair of capris and some shorts the other day that all need to be shortened. And I bought them in the Petite department! That's what happens when you're short.
I'll be home until around 2, when I have to go pick up the girls at the country club where they're having tennis and swim lessons today. Since it's going to be sunny and hot, I think we'll just hang out there until they're ready to go home, as it's going to be a late night.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-15-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Cyndi, I hate running the dehydrator in the hot weather too but have started putting it outside on the deck where I'm lucky to have an electrical outlet. Can you do the same? Maybe with an extension cord from indoors?
Old 07-15-2010, 06:48 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I usually run it in the back hall. It's not as far away as I'd like but I'm concerned about attracting things on the porch.

You two make me wish I still had my sewing machine
Old 07-15-2010, 07:15 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post

You two make me wish I still had my sewing machine
You're welcome to borrow mine anytime, as long as you'll do my hemming for me!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:03 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Hey! Where is everybody? Is this a MODs only thread?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hey all!!!

Hot morning with even hotter day to follow. I'm trying to keep quiet while everyone else is still snoozing. Boiling some green tea and mint to sponge on the 5 dogs later to keep the fleas away.

No firm plans for the day, but want to take a trip to Whole Foods or somewhere else fun. Hubby is off on Thurs, Fri, and Sat (he works 4/10's during the summer) so we are going on some kind of field trip/out to eat today. Since I have to attend a workshop all of next week, we need some fun time.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Fourth day of healthy eting, yippie, when I make a week, it's gonna be dynamite!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #12  
Be happy.

Good morning from Iowa!

Everyone sounds busy this morning, not me though, I'm still vacationing!

I almost changed my mind about coming to Iowa last night - I got on the plane at 8 pm and the pilot said the temp was 91 degrees in Moline! I'm glad I didn't head for the door though, I'm having a great time visiting with Cathy and John.

Cat, I've never heard of using green tea and mint to keep the fleas away, does it work well?
Old 07-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #13  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone

Ruth - have a nice day playing with fabrics.

Cottage - happy sewing, I'm always shortening something for somebody

Cyndi - hope you get to relax, I love to go picking anything - strawberries, cherries, apricots, etc.... but haven't picked blueberries since I was a kid.

Femme - I make green tea and mint to drink, maybe I will try it for mosquito bites.

FO - keep going

Heidi - glad you are enjoying yourself.

me - everything got watered this morning and I'm making a wheat berry salad for supper. Enjoy your day.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Thanks Sophie!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I guess I just never got here today...got up late, did the get everyone ready but was running behind, got to the pool but never got here!

I always check in-see ya'll tomorrow!
Closed Thread