South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 04:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Molten Monday!

Hey gang! I couldn't sleep. I'm considering (seriously) going back to school in Fall 2011. I want to get the ball rolling on my teaching career. Since I have SSI, I think there's a good chance that they'll cover me at the college I plan to go to! I'll find out later today.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:50 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and thanks for starting us up. It's Monday here but not yet "molten". It's nice and cool right now but going up into the high 80s later with some thunderstorms predicted. That will be interesting - Casey and Disney will freak.

This is supposed to be a pretty peaceful week - aside from having four dogs! I will go over to the Mill and hand out my first paycheques to the staff. (There are two curators and six summer staff.) In all my accounting experience, I've never done pay so I hope to heck it's right.

Aside from trips to the bank, I have this week pretty much free so will probably get some quilting done since I'll be home a lot. The "niggle list" may get smaller!

Hope your Monday is moderately molten. (Why am I thinking of molten chocolate?)
Old 07-12-2010, 05:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Okie, and everyone else to join us.

I wish you well on your plans to go back to school, Okie!

It's looking to be a clear, sunny day ahead. I'll be busy at the farm this morning, catching up from the weekend, and we have piano lessons this afternoon. Tomorrow, Cindy and her parents are taking the girls and some friends to a water park and gave me the option of going along or taking the day off, so I opted to take the day off.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:12 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It is going to be molten again here. Like Ruth I can't get chocolate out of my mind now Is it too early for a sf fudgecicle??

Okie - Good luck today. Hope the answers are all good.

Ruth - hope the niggle list shrinks and chunks of "Ruth time" fill the week.

Cottage - an extra day off sounds lovely. Are you taking piano lessons with the girls?

This week I'll get back in the swing of things at work. Most of the admin/paperwork tasks of early summer are close to completion so I can get back to visiting. I do have another short week because I'm off to my parents again next weekend.

For now I'm just enjoying the morning cool and my coffee
Old 07-12-2010, 06:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Thanks Cottage and Cyndi! I chose Molten because I feel today will be rich in rewards for me and my pals!
Old 07-12-2010, 06:28 AM   #6  

Ruth, I hope your "me" week is relaxing and enjoyable! How did the dogs fare while you were at the BBQ yesterday?

Cyndi, I'm not taking lessons with the girls, but I'm learning a few things as I help them practice both their piano and guitar. How was your weekend? Did you get rained on?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Cottage, the dogs howled for a minute or so but then settled down. I had my neighbours listen and gave them my cell # to call if it continued. They just voice their opinion of my leaving and then settle down.

Disney has been sleeping with me because Casey keeps taking her chair and she's too polite to growl at him to get off! Too funny! She does her circle thing and grumble-growls until I invite her upstairs.

I wish people got along as well as dogs do.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:38 AM   #8  

Oh, poor Disney. But I bet she's enjoying the trade-off, getting to sleep in your bed every night! Isn't Jazz jealous?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:39 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Okie - it's molten here because it's going to 90 again! Much to hot for New Englanders to handle gracefully though better than last weeks 100s

Cottage - The only rain was Friday night and early Saturday morning. We lazy camped again and went out to breakfast both days. Saturday morning we wandered a Farmer's Market where I found some very nice Lake Champlain rose to bring to my Moms. (Anyone want to do a wine tour of the Lake Champlain area?! Apparently there are several vineyards there) By the time we returned to the campground the girls were able to swim and I kayaked. Definitely a nice weekend. Thanks for asking
My Mom took piano lessons in her 60s because she always wanted to learn.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:40 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Ruth - are you suggesting that if we would all just go upstairs and sleep with the boss life would be great?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Okie - Welcome back. What is SSI?

Ruth -Our dog used to hate thunderstorms too and we get a lot in Kansas. Will they hide somewhere?

Linda - A day off - how fun. Do you have plans for how you'll spend it?

Cyndi - I'm glad you had such a nice camping trip.

I am glad the weekend is over. One of THOSE. I really, really need to clean the house today since we have company coming. I am embarrassed at how now that my husband and I are both home during the days we somehow clean less! Not sure yet if we will ride bikes; it rained a lot yesterday and that means a muddy trail. Sigh. I need a good calorie burn.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Cyndi!!!!! I'm not that kind of girl - usually! I'd love to do a Lake Champlain wine tour. Let's plan it.
Cottage, Jazz is just a really happy dog to have another younger dog to play with. I don't think he wants to sleep with me - prefers the rest of the pack.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:18 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Ruth - hmm, maybe I should have had more coffee before interpreting the lesson from the dogs

Karen - Hope you get out for a ride today. Good luck with the cleaning too.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:18 AM   #14  
Be happy.

Good morning, things have been molten here in western PA since I arrived, but I think maybe it's just that I'm a wimp.

It sounds like everyone but me knows what they're doing today..... I'm still waiting to hear what my in-laws have planned, but I'm sure it will be another nice day. I'm getting very excited about the next stage of my trip - on Wednesday I'm heading to Iowa. Hopefully I'll do a better job eating on plan there than I am here. lol Well, it's time to head out on my walk, enjoy your day friends!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Okie! Happy Monday to all! I stayed up late last night with the patients, and need to get hopping again this AM. I need to make some fresh apple juice for Mom, then get Kirk coffeed up so we can carry Rudi out. I've enjoyed my coffee outdoors with Bing and will continue and hopefully finish my kitchen project this morning.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread