Old 07-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Spending instead of eating

I've been working in my workbook on the 1st and 2nd steps. Something I realized while working on it is that at times in my life when I thought I had control over my food, my spending was out of control.

I've been in OA a little over a week now and I'm finding that the last few days, I've been wanting to spend money. On anything pretty much. I just want to SHOP. For the "fun" of it. I'm aware that my spending can be a compulsion too and am having to really watch out for that demon as well.

I went to a noon meeting today and expressed how I was really wanting to go shopping today. By talking about it, I was able to avoid it and for today, I have stayed abstinent AND I've not spent a dime unnecessarily.

Anyone else relate to this?
TexasHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Sure! I'll buy Lush, nail polish on eBay or clothes I don't need even though I am trying to pay off my credit card. I have tried to find cheaper hobbies... like now I always have perfect nails that I do myself and nail polish is pretty cheap. But anything that feels out of control to me, I consider a binge. For me, the definition of a binge is doing something I can't control. But it's harder to eat and shop with wet nails. God luck, hon.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

My husband and I was just discussing this, when he gives me a list at town it is on all junk food that we don't need. We could of saved 200 dollars in the last 3 weeks on junk food. I got the receipt and showed him and he said don't even go there I don't want to know. So he is not ready to face the fact yet but he only got 10 dollars worth last time I went . He cares and he is trying.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 179.8/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 6in

oh... how I can relate to this!

I was frustrated with work today, so I went on a quick shopping trip to distract myself (I put my own work schedule together as a grad student... it's dangerous sometimes!). I bought two new bras, although I really only needed one... and a shirt and a pair of workout pants also found their way into my cart.

The zoom lens for my camera arrived this morning as well (ebay is evil).

The lens is pretty cool, though. I'm excited to take it out for a "photo walk" tomorrow -- if I run around chasing squirrels for pictures, I will be too busy to eat, and instead I'm getting some exercise, right?
loveAcat is offline   Reply With Quote