Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/248/150

Height: 5'4"ish

Default Anybody try SlimQuick?

I was standing at the pharmacy, debating Alli when I recalled the warnings I read on Mayclinic.com's website that if you already have "intestinal issues" you shouldn't use it. So I decided to pikc up the SlimQuick pills. Their commercials are a cartoon drawn man and wife, she's saying how it's so easy for him to lose weight, etc etc. They claim to be geared towards women.

There's some vitamin/mineral supplements in the pills, and a bunch of herbs, and the only stimulant appears to be caffeine.

Anybody else try this with success or fail?
Lilly221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

I'm a little ashamed of it, but I use it. Quite a few people here are totally against using pills of some sort. But for me personally, I need something to curb the all day/all night hungrys. Doesn't seem to make me jittery at all. I've had real good results so far.
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #3  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I'll agree that many here don't believe in using pills to suplement weight loss, but I use the slimquick drink packets myself. I'm only human, and it helps curb my appetite during the day. In my work we can't have food on the floor anymore, only on lunches in the lunchrooms, I used to eat fruit throughout the day to help with my appetite. I can't do that anymore, and I find this as the best solution for me.

I work out and eat right still, this just helps me from going nuts thinking about food and when my break is while I speak with customers for 8 hours.

As for alli, I'm scared to use it after reading all the reviews on dietsinreview.com about people sharting orange oil. I don't think I want to deal with THOSE kinds of bathroom issues.

Last edited by StephanieM; 06-23-2010 at 05:56 PM.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/248/150

Height: 5'4"ish

Thanks for the input ladies! Do you think it helped you lose any weight or is it mainly just to curb the hunger?

I can understand that some people might against using pills for themselves, and I'm not personally interested in most of the pills with the 4 kinds of stimulants but these seemed safe and contained vitamins that seem to support healthy weight loss. I would hope I wouldn't be cast out for admitting to taking these Slimquick pills!
Lilly221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #5  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

As long as you eat right and work out, the pills will aid you in all of that. I like the drink packets because they do help me lose weight, as in they stop me from over eating and provide some extra fiber as well. It makes the whole working out and eating right process easier.

Try it and see if you notice a difference. Not everything works for everyone.

I don't think they'll cast you out, they haven't done it to me yet anyways! I think it's just that the majority here do it all on their own. Then there are women like us that need help for an extra push.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

I think they really help with my appetite. Don't seem to notice if they really help keep me energized during my workouts.

When I first started on them, I kinda weaned myself to the full dosage. Taking one instead of two as recommended, just to see how it affected me. They make a caffeine free, jitter free formula that I am using now.

Last edited by HoneyMustard; 06-23-2010 at 10:22 PM.
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote