Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/188/165.....165/165/155

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Corsets?

I have a few, and wear them when Out. I've heard of ladies wearing them constantly for body mod. (making the waist smaller). Anyone try this, or have any opinion on it?
Old 06-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #2  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I don't own any, I've never been able to find any that fit in the bust area. But I do like the look they provide. I've seen some girls who wear them to train their waist, and I'll admit to liking the "waspish" look, but I've heard it can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing! :-) One lady I saw on tv had her waist down to 13" (with a corset on, it was a bit more normal in size without the corset).
Old 06-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #3  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

you can train your body to adjust by constantly wearing a corset and ratcheting down 2 inches at a time. This will take a while, the men and women who have tiny corset trained waists have been wearing corsets for many years. The severe look of the 1800's can cause problems in your body as organs (and fat) adjust to accomodate the lack of space. I have a corset too, but being on a diet, I'm going to take mine to a tailor to see if he/she can take 3 inches off.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:48 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I like my corsets, but I have no desire to wear it for waist training.

A.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:12 AM   #5  
Caitlin

S/C/G: 270/???/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm hoping to try corsets (and maybe some subtle waist training) once I get down to my goal weight, or at least closer. The waist training would only happen if I end up not quite as hour-glassy as I'd like... I'm not a big fan of Edwardian "wasp" waist - I prefer a sort of early/mid-Victorian silhouette (before they started going crazy!).

I remember reading some interview with a corsetiere (I feel like it was Mr. Pearl...), and the interviewer asked about the corset as a means of stifling or controlling the female body, historically. The interviewee responded that, on the contrary, he believed that a corset makes one confront and become very aware of the female body (to paraphrase, there is nothing more embodied than a corseted body... well THAT was an academic's sentence!). Heightened awareness of the female form is kind of a double-edged sword, in my opinion, but I thought it was a really interesting perspective.

Other reasons to corset: posture! And being an aspiring opera director, it would be good to know what a corset feels like when I'm asking my singers to perform in one (though they never get corseted too tightly). I'm also extremely ticklish, so full-torso armor would be great! 8D
Old 06-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #6  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I have never owned one but have fantasized about getting one when I'm a bit smaller.

I've thought about waist training, but I don't know enough about it to make an informed decision, I just thought of doing it to get a little more hour-glassey if I don't pan out that way as a skinnier person.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #7  

I own one proper leather corset in a kind of pale tan colour, but I have actually lost enough weight for it to fully close and not feel tight or "corset-y" any more. It fits but it doesn't pull in my waist. I'll be selling it on ebay eventually and use the money to buy a new one in a smaller size ( if it sells, it should do as I've only worn it about 4 times ) .

I'd love to do waist training to a degree, but I cannot as I work in a warehouse and my job involves a lot of bending and lifting ect. A normal corset would make that very very difficult, a waist training type would render me useless for work!! :O

Last edited by honeythorn; 07-08-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #8  

One of these day's I'd like a custom made corset, so that it fits properly and comfortably. I don't know that I want to waist train though. It's a big commitment of time, and it permanently alters your skeleton by shifting the ribs, and displaces the organs. Short term sure, squish me into an hourglass, but long term I'll stick with what I've got.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #9  
Getting there....

S/C/G: 129/118/68ish thats in kilo's

I did waist train back in my skinny days... even now very overweight.. i have a much smaller waist than i "should" have for my size... naturally i was a 21 inch waist... i could get down to 18"... never could get past 17 & 3/4" ..... always passed out... which sux it is hard... and it is worth it... but you need to be dedicated to it and suck up the pain in the beginning.

I love the look and i look at my old corsets and sigh... i know i will never get my waist that small again... Kids and extreme weight gain have ruined that unless i go the surgery route..
Old 07-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #10  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I have two corsets but would like to get more. Mine are just for wearing not for body modification ... I enjoy breathing, thanks! LOL

They do make me stand up straighter though.

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-09-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #11  
Workin' It

I have several, but don't wear them for waist training either. I get them tight enough to look sassy, but leave enough room for me to mostly breathe.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/145

Height: 5'6"

I would love to have one if I lost the weight.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #13  
Fatty 2x4

S/C/G: 180/180 (boo..)/140 for now

Height: 5'5'

I also would love to have one! My town has a corset shop I want a black corset with lace...would love to wear it if I was thinner.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #14  
Angry Badger

S/C/G: 250/243/170

My best corsets come from Corset Connection, great gals there (they make them, so any size bust and hips go!). If you wear corsets straight for about two months you -will- start noticing that your body is carrying your weight a little differently. I don't mean waist training (as of course, that takes years) I mean that posture improves, but also fat (just flesh?) moves into slightly different areas.

I love em as a fashion statement. For an extreme body mod? Not so much (just not my thing, power to those who do though).

Last edited by MichelleD; 07-25-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Closed Thread