Old 06-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Default What is this name of this root?!?

This is ridiculous lol! I'm getting so frustrated. Today I went to the grocery store and found these things I ate when I was a kid, so I bought them. They look like large green beans. You can peel them and eat the beans inside. I can't remember what they are called and I really want to find some nutritional information on them. I remember a sign over them saying ___ root. I can't remember what it was called. The woman at the cash register asked if they were garbanzo beans and I said I couldn't remember the name of them. She didn't know what they were called so she rang them in as garbanzo beans (they were the same price). Anyway, for some reason when I was looking through the different types of root vegetables online, burdock root stuck out, but then I looked up some pictures of it and it looks nothing like it. Basically it is like a large green bean/sugar snap pea, it's green, and that's all I got.

Does anyone have ANY ideas? I'm having a mental tip of the tongue thing lol, I don't want to have to wait until I go back to the store before I can eat them!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #2  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

For some reason it sounds to me like you're talking about okras
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okra

but I could be totally wrong too
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #3  

Wow I've never seen okra. That's actually really cool looking. It's not it though lol! I'm starting to think that it was mislabeled as "something root". That's the only way because I've looked through every type of root. I'm just going to count the calories as I would for sugar snap/snow peas.

Thank you SO much for trying to figure it out, though!!
Old 06-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Are you sure they aren't Fava beans? I'm guessing the 'root' over the item was a mistake.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #5  

OMG YES! Fava beans!! The pictures are identical to what I ate a few hours ago haha!! Thank you sooo much! Now I'm really confused about the root thing. I know I read the label right because of the price. So strange.

Anyway, THANK YOU!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #6  

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." ~ Hannibal Lector
ChristinaMR is offline   Reply With Quote