South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #1  

Default Protein Drinks

Does anyone know if the EAS Advantage Edge or the EAS Myloplex lite protein drinks are allowed for phase I?
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please list the ingredients. Generally real food is preferred to protein drinks in Phase I.

Remember that South Beach is NOT a low carb but a good carb plan and shakes are just for emergencies.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I looked up the lite one at GNC's site and it doesn't look too bad at all...180 calories and only 1g of sugar. But, if you are going to use it, I would definately add veggies to it. You can add spinach or green powder to it to get more veggie servings for the day. I found a protein powder not too long ago called "greens and whey" and also add more amazing grass green powder and fresh veggies to it (and fruit, but you can do that in phase 2) I would use this more as an evening treat than a meal replacement though in phase 1.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #4  

Thanks guys, it's just that I have like a ton of these drinks due to I tried Body For Life and well I'm back here so that should tell you my success with that plan. Funny how I try something new all the time and always end up here. I know south beach works, I lost 20 pounds many moons ago on this plan, then life happened and here I sit with about 25 pounds to lose. My problem is sticking with it. I get all pumped about starting a plan whether it be body for life, south beach or fatsmash and within 3-5 days of being on plan I gave and the sugar monster gets the best of me at night. I sooooooooooooooooo want to stick with this and I have all these little pep talks with myself but like I said I only last at the most 6 days. As usual I will be starting tomorrow and just praying I can stick to it. I really do appreciate the response about the drinks
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Slug, don't think of this as a diet or a plan...think of it as the way you eat...you don't eat junk, you don't eat useless calories, you eat healthy and you always will. Diets and plans are for short term, think of yourself as a lifer.
If the sugar monster gets you at night, head for no sugar added fudgesicles and peanut butter. I was a 100% sugar addicted nut case and that combo really helps.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote