Old 06-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191(86.6)

Height: 5' 5"

Default DUKAN BREAD - The recipe

Here is the classic Dukan Bread recipe.

I learned the basics of the diet while visitng France so I am not sure if there is any difference between what is in the newly published English version of the book.

From what I've learned you should limit this bread to one serving a day. It is a complex carbohydrate, which the body digests slowly. It's also very helpful to include this bread on days when you are on the Attaque (PP) days of your diet to aid in digestion of all those protiens (i.e. keeps u 'regular) Plus, It's just plain old NICE to have a sandwich once in a while is it not?

Simply:
2 tablespoons oat bran
1 tablespoon wheat bran
1 teaspoon baking powder (double acting works best, as usual)
1 egg
1 table spoon fat-free sour cream (I have also used fat-free yogurt, ricotta)

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl to form a batter.

I usually microwave on high for 3 mintues in a plastic bowl covered with a paper towel to cook (because I'm lazy of course).

BUT
It probably would taste much better for most cooked in a traditional oven. Unfortunately I'm not sure how long it will take because I haven't done it this way. But definitely set your oven on 350 degrees as a starting point. Use a toothpick to check if it's done, toothpick will come out clean if it is.

I have done a lot of remixes to this bread to achieve different flavorings and just plain experiment to see what I liked. Maybe not all of my 'tweaks' are Dukan-approved, but I do make an effort to stay on plan:

I add a pinch of salt
I add a pinch or two of Stevia or Splenda
I add black pepper

Added seasonings:
Onion powder/Garlic powder or pinch of fresh minced garlic
Any combination of the following: Basil, thyme, oregano, dill, 1 tsp toasted sesame, paprika, chili powder, ginger, fresh chives

Brown spicy mustard/whole grain mustard (Maille or Trader Joe's)
Sirracha sauce (red chili yep, i baked it in once)

Added ingredients:
Cut up cubes of lean ham
Cut up cubes of reduced fat cheese
Cut up hot dogs/cooked turkey bacon or sausage (dried or breakfast)

Hope this is helpful for you guys. I might start posting other recipes for Attaque PP/Cruise PV That I've been using as well.
chouchoubou is offline   Reply With Quote