South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:57 AM   #1  

Default Question about exercise

Can any of you great folks tell me what type of exercise you are doing to firm your upper arms and keep from totally losing your bust line? I'm 50 years old and have had flabby arms for years. Now is the time to stop the jiggle. Also have always been somewhat fulll figured at the top. Don't mind losing a bit but don't want everything to go completely south. Any help would sure be appreciated.
lookinforsz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

For the arms I use light hand weights, about 5 lbs. My current favorite routine is just the 10 minute ball workout (approved by my PT). I do have some jiggle but I also have great muscles. I think bike riding and yoga really help too.

I'm not sure there's much you can do about the bust, depending on what you're starting with. I had so much extra fat in that area and the skin was so stretched out that things are a bit sad now (unlike weight loss results at 30). Losing the weight was definitely worth it but I was a bit surprised at the result of that combination of age and weight loss. Ask in the weight lifting forum though. Maybe some of the Chicks have had luck with more upper body strength work?
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Oh I would like to get bigger! Not sure anything helps you get smaller, or bigger actually. But push ups are the gold standard for your chest. And they work shoulders and arms at the same time. If you can't do one yet, I read a great idea once where you just slowly lower yourself down repeatedly until you build up the strength to push back up too. You can also do chest presses and chest flies. Try googling those. For my arms (when I am not injured like currently) I also do all sorts of strength exercises. I think you can find all sorts of ideas online. Good luck
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote