Old 05-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #1  

Default 50 Something and Starting Ideal Protein

Well - -here I go!! This is the very FIRST time ever that I have spent a significant amount of $$$ to get started on a diet. I have been thinking about doing this for over 6 months though, and I want this more than I have ever wanted weight loss in before!

I've read just about everything I can get my hands on, and really feel like this time.... this is IT!

Day 1 (today) I'm not liking the food so much (and I'm NOT a picky) eater, but this particular place where I signed in, gives you a bag with each day lined out for you in a zip-lock baggie. So you kind of get to try everything. I'll muddle through and then buy what I like on Week 2.

Would love to hook-up with anyone else that has gone through Ideal Protein or is just starting as I am. I have 53 (at least) pounds to loose! (UGH)
Nini1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Nini1126 - to the forum! With your enthusiasm and determination, I predict you will have success this time with weight loss. Please join us in the Daily Chat, and/or the Golden Girls threads. Both of them are made up of friendly people who offer friendship and encouragement on a daily basis. I look forward to knowing more about you!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/229/160

Height: 5' 5"

Nini, I am also over 50, 55 exactly. I have been on IP for 3 weeks and down about 14 pounds with over 70 lbs to go. I am also very determined that this works for me. My first goal is to get below 200. Then I'll really feel I'll be loosing weight. Keep posting your progress.

I have no idea where the Golden Girls thread is.
The Dalai Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Mama - go to the Age 50+ forum, then you'll see all the threads for that forum. One of them is the Golden Girls thread. Another is the Daily Chat thread. You are welcome to join both of them!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote