Old 05-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Unhappy My Day will probably be whacky!

Last Night,I fell asleep at 7:00 PM and woke at 10:30 PM.I "messed" around the House for a couple Hours.Put in a DVD and fell asleep before half the Movie.I woke at 1:51 AM starving,so ate a Sandwich.My Stomach hurt afterwards.Guess my Stomach was empty since all I ate Yesterday was 1 slice Wheat,1/2 ounce lean Deli Turkey Breast and 1 slice Sharp Cheddar.My Sleep is so out of whack it's unreal!I call my sleeping problems broken sleep.I definitely don't have a set schedule,which Diabetics really need.Since I ate the Sandwich,I can't Test FBS this Morning,my Diet will be off Today and will more than likely go back to sleep.

My BS Yesterday were: 225 at 10:38 AM..250 at 6:27 PM and 208 at 9:51 PM..
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default me too

My sleep gets disturbed for work a lot, and then I wind up working at night, sleeping during the day, and turning it around again and getting insomnia.

I use melatonin to help me sleep through without waking, and take 5htp to help me get back to sleep if I wake up and can't get back to sleep.
Are you on insulin and need to test a lot, or can you just test a few times a week? SPikes after meals may be more important than fasting in that case.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #3  
Woman on mission!

Fatmad,
I take Xanax,which is an Anti-Anxiety Medication.Xanax depletes Melatonin!No,I don't take Insulin or Oral Diabetes Medication.Per my request,I asked for a Prescription for Metformin.I only took for a short stint,because it caused excruciating pain in my Legs.I believe in natural alternatives I.E. Well balanced Diet,Exercise and Supplements Diabetics are commonly deficient.Until a Woman used me for Money,I was doing very well maintaining my BS,A1C and losing weight.I've had terrible time with Finances and it's been rough eating properly and doing the things I must to keep my Diabetes in check.My circumstances situationally Depressed me,so I developed a lack of motivation to Exercise.Hopefully things are beginning to look up for me.I sure hope so!Fingers crossed!!

NB: Fatmad,I failed to include with the Xanax depleting Melatonin.What could happen taking Xanax: Increased Cancer risk,shorter sleep,Insomnia,problems thinking,Psychosis,Hormonal Imbalances,Depression.

Last edited by Butter_Butt; 05-09-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

well butter, it can sure be hard balancing everything. Using natural alternatives is great if they work, but it sure sounds like this isn't working for you now. Hope you and your doc can work out the best thing for you to get your sugars balanced and your stress down. good luck
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #5  
Woman on mission!

Fatmad,
I've recently added the Herbal Supplement Gymnema Sylvestre (1 Daily) to my regime,but I haven't taken long enough to tell a difference.After a long absence of not being able to afford,I started re-taking the Supplement,Diabetic Nutrition RX (2 Capsules after Breakfast and 2 after Dinner).This Supplement contains various Nutrients that Diabetics are commonly deficient.I'm not pitching,but Dr. Andrew Weil whose a Harvard Educated Medical Doctor recommends Diabetics take GTF Chromium,Alpha Lipoic Acid and CoEnzyme Q10.I take all 3.My Doctor doesn't know his Bum from a hole in the Ground about Diabetes!