Old 05-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ May

Christian Encouragers

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Christan Friends, Please play for my pastor Erik. I received an email from someone today that contained a vicious attack on this man of God. Pray for strength and wisdom as he walks thriough this time of trial.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BARGOO ~ sending up prayers for your pastor, Erik for protection from darts of the enemy; that GOD's angels will protect him and guide him too!

ASHERDOODLES ~ yes, my DH's memory issues could be a separate issue, but he does have the symptoms of poor concentration and not listening (thinking about what he wants to say next instead of truly listening); but that may also be a "male" issue so I am told: They do have trouble in social situations and sometimes inappropriate speech as do other Autistic persons as well. The symptoms are varied and wide and each one is different in severity ... regardless, we are praying for him for the memory and other related issues as well, thanks ...

KAREN ~ glad you have the house deal all done now; have a great trip back home (to your new home, I mean) ...

GARY ~ hi

We had some showers which we needed for our greenery here but the came out to shine for us this afternoon and it was glorious and very warm here; in the mid to high 70's today! Just having a relaxing weekend at home, but if the nice weather continues tomorrow we may go out for short drive somewhere.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday tomorrow ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

We made it home safe and sound on Friday late afternoon. It sure was good to get home and off the highways fighting all the wind! Everything went fine and so happy that it is behind me now! Still up to my eyes in laundry now! Take care everyone and I'll get back later. Thanks so much for all the prayers.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

An easy week-end here

Angie and I did our Starbucks 3.5 mile walk yesterday then I did some vacuuming and laundry while she went to church for bell choir practice. After we both worked in the yard for a little while we went to best Buy and got a new TV we have been wanting for the family room.

We watched The Blind Side last night, a very good movie.

Vicar gave the message at church this morning on John 13:31-35....where Jesus commands us to love one another.

What is really cool about it is that John 13:35 is really one of the few versus I can remember memorizing! I did it when I was about 12 years old. We were on vacation at my grandparents in Illinois, they took us to their church, during the Sunday school hour I went to the class of kids my age....they drew a name out of a hat and if the kid knew the verse that they were supposed to memorize then they got a prize. Now the Sunday school teacher was very nice, she knew I may not know the verse so she told me that if my name was drawn I could give any verse I knew and I would win the prize...she assumed we went to church...boy was I ever glad my name was not called But since I knew we would be going back the next week I memorized the verse of the class that week....

John 13:35 ~ (Jesus) "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Not a bad verse to learn if you can only remember one

After church I paid some bills and rested while Angie went to a yoga class then when she came home we took the dogs out to the park where we are camping as a family next month. We wanted to check the spots for shade and make sure that about 20 of us will fit in the 3 spots I reserved....should be just fine....everyone is looking forward to it.

Well I have work to start the week...as I mentioned at the beginning of last week when I thought I was off....I just never know....my boss called me Saturday morning and wants to meet me on a new project tomorrow...at least it is close...40 miles away and an easy drive up the freeway without much traffic at all early in the morning. Still needing that break but glad to have work too!

Angie is making pizza dough right now in the bread maker...we will build our own pizzas tonight for dinner...yipeeeeeee!

Prayers and hugs for all ~ Gary

Last edited by EZMONEY; 05-02-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #6  

Hello everyone, I entered Ginger and Sissy in the "Greenies Show Us Your Pets Healthy Smile" contest. The website is: www.greenies.com and when you get there you can click on the city (Carthage) and you should see photos of Ginger and Sissy. You can vote everyday if you would like to. Just thought that I would share with you.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #7  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Hey Hey everyone!! Hope you all are having a wonderful start to your week!

Things are trudging along here! I have been feeling a little down lately but I have made up my mind that I am going to keep going no matter what!! Friday is the big WI and measure! I am hoping for the -30 loss! All I need is 4 little lbs. It has been a while since I weighed so I may have already lost it!!

We shall see!
thinmintintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Good Morning!
Everything here is going good and i just love the Outlook ministry, the girls are great! We have a 100 mile Club going for the next 12 weeks, a water count going also, which I really need for I don't drink enough, and my Leader is great! In fact I am in the B group and we have 5 Leaders and they all are great! They really believe in team work.Our Bible Study starts next week Balanced Living and it looks like a great one.

I called my brother last night and now he wants me to only call on weekends , because of minutes on his phone, (thought he had free calling after 7 pm, )which that worrys me him by himself at home , but I guess his friend will check in on him.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week! Sunny here all week! Water getting low once again.....
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #9  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ nice to see some of our ladies back in on our new May thread. It is so easy to get busy outdoors at this time of year; and we are too. We had a lovely day at our lot today; took up some more rocks and gravel for the entranceway and transplanted some more trees (pines and firs) to replace some we lost last year. Seems a couple of spots are not good for growing trees, so we avoided them; praying our new ones make it.

I cleaned the outside of the camper and that kept me busy today while DH did his stuff. We had most of the morning then on the way home, we hit a storm; then five minutes after getting home, it was again ... I do like this time of year anyways, a nice mix of weather, not too hot, and NO BUGGIES!!!

BOOTSIE ~ hope you got some more tanks/containers to hold water for the dry seasons; and maybe we should start praying for rain again ...

KAREN ~ I tried to find your furry babies but couldn't figure out where to go on that site; need more detailed instructions ...

GARY ~ yeppers, we are supposed to love each other; and you'd think that Christians would know that by now, but ...

STELLA ~ best wishes for your progress this week!

Tomorrow we rest and get supplies ready for the week. Hope you are all having a wonderful week and nice weather too ... Rosebud
Old 05-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #10  

Someone else who lives in Canada said it kept directing them somewhere else and they weren't able to vote. But once you have clicked on "Greenies Show Us Your Pets Healthy Smile" contest. Then you can click on Photo gallery---when you are there just click on City and type in Carthage... then Ginger and Sissy's pictures should show. Let me know if it works for you..
Old 05-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

voted again today KAREN...

1 for each pup now....
Old 05-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #12  

Thanks!! I think it is kind of fun looking at some of the others there too.. You should put your girls on there!! I'll vote for them!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #13  
Rosebud

KAREN ~ I went there again and there is no "Greenies Shows Us Your Pets Healthy Smile Contest" anywhere that I can find. All I keep getting is advertisements, some tips, or videos or pictures. My Dh says that many US contests won't allow Canadians to participate; we have seen that many times before. Well, I would have voted for them ...
Old 05-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #14  

Thanks Rosebud!! Here are the two pictures that I posted there--- at least you can look at them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1387.jpg (25.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2919.jpg (27.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-04-2010, 11:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Karen , all I get is advertisements too and I am in Texas! Oh Karen they are so cute! That is car seats they are in? Should send their pictures to Jeffers for their catalog! I did not see anything about a contest on the web site just advertisements.
They had taken my brother to the hospital tonight for his blood pressure would rise then drop.
My brothers friend called me and he said that my brother had water around his heart and body and they gave him some medicine to get rid of it and sent him back to the nursing home until Friday then he goes home.

Yep Rosebud please pray for rain. I have tried so hard to get my husband to get one tank hooked up but he has not done it, I thought yesterday I might could hook a rope around it and drag the tank to the end of the trailer and push it on. Maybe he might feel sorry for me and help me, then I could start to filling it up with water for it is starting to get dry around here.

Last edited by Bootsie; 05-04-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote