Height: 5'4"

Post Weekly Chat: April 26- May 2

New Pages!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning:

So, I have lost 26 pounds this year, with 26 more to go to goal. It's not going to take another year, and my weight is not going to go back up. Period.

I am finding that the protein drinks really helps me not feel hungry. It's Muscle Milk Light. I substitute it for at least one meal a day and count calories, trying to stay at 1200.

I hope all you chickies are looking forward to the week!

Rhonda
Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Rain Rain & some more Rain for the next two days,going to leave a damper on my walking along the beach. Got on the scale and I lost 2 lbs and a total of 3.5 for the month.So I hit my April Challenge shy of .5

Lost one of my friends,as she broke off from the bereavement group of friends. They are so negative,that I'm going to do the same if this negativity doesn't stop. One of the woman is near suicidal,so I have to get out of this mess soon.

RHONDA-Thanks for stating us up so early.Congrats on your 26 lbs lost since the beginning of the year that's excellent I only lost 13 since Jan. I have 1 protein drink called EAS and other one called Gen-Soy. I agree with you it does keep hunger at bay.

Have at get ready for today chores

Last edited by beach bum; 04-26-2010 at 09:58 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Maryann, I just wish I had lost 26 pounds since January....I mean 26 pounds since last year at this time, April, 2009 that is.

Good luck with that group stuff.

Rhonda
Old 04-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #5  

One kid feeling better, the next throwing up yesterday, on antibiotics today and feeling better. One to go, not including me, dh, or the baby. Whee! But luckily, one of my friends offered to bring us dinner tonight, and I gladly took her up on it.

I hope to have all the girls feeling well enough for school tomorrow, so I can go walking. I figure exercise is going to be more important for me than diet, since I'm breastfeeding and I don't want to jeopardize my supply.

Maryann, good luck with the bereavement group. It sounds like you are making the right decision to distance yourself. And congrats on the 26 lost!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 10"

Rhonda, I think I've gained since this time last year!! I'd love to have lost that much in a year! You're doing great.

Angela, sorry you house is sick. I hope Miles and you miss out on it. Did you have your YOU time yet?

well, I've been logging on ************ for 2 days now. I'm sticking to what they've set for me to lose 2 pds a week -- without exercise its 1200 calories. As I have days when I exercise, it adds in extra calories for those activities. Its a pretty good site. Its amazing how by tracking the calories how I've not been taking any BLT (bites,licks or tastes). Lets see if I can do a full week

Hope you all are having an OP day. Good night all!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm still where I was this time last year. I'm proud of you for being down 26 pounds. That's awesome!

Maryann, don't let the group get you down. Do what you need. And what you need is a positive atmosphere. (Do I sound tough?)

Paula, let's get our weight off. We know what to do. We just need to do it.

Angela, I hope your little ones are better. Don't let yourself get rundown.

We were in Austin this weekend for a mini-family reunion that included all of Curtis' siblings. We had a great time. I'm back op now that we're home. I could have done a lot worse eating (drinking)wise but I also could have done better.

I'm off here to watch AVATAR. We saw it at the movies, but I'm going to watch it at home now with subtitles. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:08 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Can't believe that I slept to 8AM this morning,but I will really tired from the lack of sleep the night before. Another day of clouds & drizzle I guess I be using my bike today.Yesterday I was able to walk to the end of the cemetery back to my house for a total of 30 m,but I really don't like that route I rather be down walking along the beach.

RHONDA-Oh!! I missed understood,but 26 pounds gone is some kind of congrats anyway.

ANGELA-I remember those days of years past. Hope you children will be well soon,and that & Miles don't get the bug. Thanks for the congrats on my 13 lbs Rhonda was the 26 lbs. I'm going to be with the set,[2 woman] this Friday for supper,hope they behave them self or I'm going to leave them. Don't need negativity or them leaning on me,as I don't want to fall.

PAULA-Glad you like the site,I count calories and when I exercise I subtract the burned calories and get the total for the day.So far I'm in the 1000 cal[20pts] for the day,and funny thing I don't miss the bread carbs.

SANDRA-No you don't sound tough,I'm thinking along those lines myself. I'm going to give them a little more time and than I will leave this nest of negativity also.

Have to get dressed and get going.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #9  

I started eating not so good at the hospital last week and grabbing
fast food on the way there or coming home.

I eat better when I have time to prepare healthy things.

I need to get back to good food because I feel yucky and achey ...

Robin is coming home Thursday or Friday I think...He is doing great
and our house/yard has never looked better because I have been working hard on it.

We close tomorrow on our property in Va ...
We are doing it all by mail , so the stuff is already being overnighted.
This is a link to the pictures of the land..

http://www.landwatch.com/Mecklenburg.../pid/145002924

We are pretty excited to have decided on our retirement place.
My grandson wants to know when he gets his horse
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

I'll be offline till Thursday evening. Ya'll don't talk about me while I'm gone.

Have a great op week, everyone!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Busy, busy, busy.....Brodie is my life. It's all about Brodie these days. But, it is keeping me from mindless eating and he is a joy!

Rhonda, congratulations, my friend. 26 pounds in one year for someone so close to her goal is outstanding! And, more importantly, all that exercise is certain to be increasing your health every day. Have you taken the realage test? You are probably 40 inside!

Nancy, Robin will be thrilled! Are you saying he keeps you from working on the house and yard when he is home?!!!

Good luck Sandra and have fun.

Angela, hope no one else is sick in your house. Did you get your walk? I'll be waling with Brodie today.

Hugs and love to Sloan, Mary Ann, and Paula! Hope I didn't forget anyone.

I'm off to many errands today, some with pup in tow. I'm trying to socialize him. Housetraining continues!

Be well and stay on program.

Last edited by Vickie; 04-28-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Paula, PM me with the site you are using since it keeps **** it out of your post. I'm dying of curiosity!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:35 AM   #13  

Vickie...I have gotten a lot of our friends and the kids to all pitch in and
I am more motivated because of wanting to surprise him..
That is why more is done...

There is however an element of the fact that I am free to do things 100%
my way which speeds things up

But most of it is that we were busy with his appts and therapy all year .
This week he has been at Rehab with me just visiting at night...

Last edited by nancy237; 04-28-2010 at 08:37 AM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The sun is shining and I'm heading out to the beach to get my daily walking done.The only thing is I have to dress warmly as the winds are kicking up a bit.

NANCY-Glad that Robin is do great and being released from the hospital.He'll be more comfortable at home. You'll get back to eating the right food plus all the house and yard works is part of activity where calories I sure will burn and you'll lose. Beautiful property for a retirement home,all the best to you and your DH

SANDRA-Have fun,going to miss you.

VICKIE-I like the way your post my life is around Brodie.Hope he get housebroken soon.

Have to go,and get m y walking done,see you guys later
Old 04-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! I've been crazy busy, so I've not been posting; just reading. I'm still rushed, but could not miss the chance to say WOW, Nancy!!! The land is awesome. Will you be able to build where you can look out over the pond? It is breathtaking!!!!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote