Old 04-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #1  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Default LAWL Friends and Losers April 26-May 2

Good morning ladies

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I was really looking forward to some spring cleaning...then guess what? It snowed again!!!It is not so bad this morning but still no sun

Besides that one of my fav shows " jamie Oliver's food revolution in the US " came to an end this Friday... Did anyone else follow that show?
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #2  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Morning everyone!
I didnt follow that show MJ so I can't say I know anything about it.

I spent the weekend with my parents and inlaws. My Mother-inlaw has lost 40 pounds just watching what she eats and she looks fabulous! She inspired me to just keep going at it and never give up. My husband was so impressed with his Mom that he decided that he is also cutting out junk!!!(ya know chips and stuff).
My goal is to be at 160 by the end of May for my sons grad!! I am going to do it!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #3  
Yoga-addict

Joan- Sure you will!Keep up the spirit girl!

Just stopping by for a few minutes to post the article about soy which many people believe is a "super food". It is quite deadly actually if you already have a thyroid problem.

http://www.westonaprice.org/Myths-Truths-About-Soy.html
Old 04-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #4  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

MJ - I watched the first 2 episodes of the Jamie Oliver show, but I got so aggravated at the sensationalism and misinformation that he was spouting that I had to stop watching (in regards to the school lunch program). I was yelling at the TV too much. I'm not going to get on my soap box, but I hope that he moderated himself in later episodes. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36099248...and_nutrition/

Joan - Oh, how I wish I could just watch what I eat and lose that kind of weight! I have found that I need to be more structured than that, unfortunately, LOL. You go girl!

Saturday night DH and I went to a llittle restaurant that only uses local products, with the exception of some of their seafood. They don't buy beyond 100 miles. It was delicious! There was a side of apple, fig, and arugula salad that was to die for. I would go back and just order that. Yummy.

Last edited by Kimphin; 04-27-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #5  
Joan

Kim- I probably need more structure too!

I am trying to plan my meals ahead of time which I never do so maybe this will help me a bit. I thought about eating extremely heatlthy and then having one cheat day every couple of weeks. I havent done that before so maybe it will work for me.
Exercise is also very important for me as I want to lose some inches around my mid section and walking uphill really works that area for me. Last night I took my dog on a one hour walk. It was a tough one but it felt great when I was done.
With my husband also working out and trying to eat healthy, it makes it more competitive for me to work hard.
Have a great day!
Here is to eating healthy and staying OP!!!!!!

Joan
Old 04-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #6  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

just thought i'd stop in and say hi.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #7  

Hi, all. Can't wait to start seeing the lbs. come off. I like the LAWL eating plan and have done it before but didn't stick to it. Yesterday I had greens & protein-same today. By the time I get the that yogurt in the morn I'm tearin it up! I let myself just get too far gone. I've had a few surgeries and lots of medz and a violent&early shuv into menopause so I can't ignore the extra lbs.

MJ--Wow! So awesome--a total inspiration.

Goal: Make it through to next Tuesday
Drop 12 lbs by end of May
Be at 200 by end of June

Nicole
duck2swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:27 PM   #8  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Wow MJ - you HAVE done great - sometimes I forget to look at what people have accomplished! Below goal - Congrats!

10:22PM and I am just sitting down to write a 10 pg paper due on Thursday. Procrastinate much, Kim? Sheesh.

Nicole #2 - I like your first goal! Always a good one, LOL.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Summer is looming. I figure it is time to shift things into high gear. checking in here a couple times a week has always helped. hope all are doing well.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies (and maybe Dan, but I haven't seen him post in a long while)

After my trip down to Arizona to visit my dad (AKA the one I learned all sorts of bad habits from) I found the need to start over again with LAWL. Sunday and Monday I did a fast forward and started with the regular diet yesterday.

I think I had too much coffee and not enough water so far, so I need to work on that. I'm going to scour the house tonight to see if I have any old food journals around, since I do think that would be helpful.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #11  
Yoga-addict

Hey All

Thanks for all the nice words and congratulations...it really is worth all the trouble once you reach your goal

Kim- Jamie Oliver did tone it down after the first 2 episodes when he realized he was p***ing off more ppl than he was impressing. However, I think there is something good coming out of everything...like the idea of cooking our meals than buying ready-to-eat stuff can really make a difference. If you never go overboard to start with, you would never have to count you portions or calories.That is what I liked about the show.

I am not sure if it really is as bad as they showed us but we as North Americans face this challenge called temptation everyday.For every carton of 12 free range eggs there is a box of 12 donuts. Therefore the choice is ours and sadly many ppl make wrong choices...and I was one of those ppl just a few months back.

Barbara- Coffee is free in my office too...and it is always strong. Therefore I drink only water at work. At home I have recently switched to decaf.And I think I am going thru a caffeine withdrawal and I feel aweful at times with no reasons at all.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 157/141.6/120

Height: 5' 3

Hi everyone, MJ you are an inspiration!

Managed to stay OP for the last couple of days, my son was in and out of the ER, but I had all my portions put in the fridge so I could just grab what I needed and go. Definitely had some not so healthy cravings but managed to make it through, despite trying to get my 5 year old to school and deal with my son and having my DH out of town at work!

I am very proud of myself and managed to continue the losses throughout it all!

MCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #13  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd check in and see how everyone was doing. i'm still plugging away at my workouts/eating plan, etc. life is suuuuupppper busy, but it'll calm down soon.

if anyone has the time, check out my link for my upcoming NAMI Walk, it's a great cause and this is my 5th year participating!

my baby is turning 1yr old tomorrow and although i didn't make it to my pre-pregnancy goal before she turned 1yr old, i made it pretty close. i'll still keep going at it and keep moving my ticker to a lower goal once i achieve this one. i can't wait to see how far i'll have come by the time DH gets back from Afghanistan.

hope everyone has a good weekend!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #14  
Joan

I am feeling fantastic today. I have eaten so good all week. No cheating at all. I simply have been following my food plan and I am not feeling hungry.
This morning we had a huge snow storm and I thought about just ordering pizza for lunch at work and then the light when on!!!! I ended up making some egg salad. I already feel better about that decision. I packed some celery and an orange and I have my water ready to drink.
My husband has also been eating healthy and exercising so we are doing it together. It definately makes the journey easier.
Okay, gotta run!
Have a great day.

Joan
Old 04-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Joan, It is so much easier when the DH is doing it with you. Mine is with me right up until the time when I try to get him to eat fish. He claimed tiredness at 7pm last night to get out of seared tuna, which was totally delicious. I brought some for lunch today.

Jillian, Happy first to little baby X. She sure is a cutie. Good luck with your walk.

MJ, I have to edge down off the coffee slowly or I have a major withdrawal, that includes the headache from hades. I think I'll go and have some green tea, which has just a little caffiene, but it really good for you. I think that is a really healthy trade. I started being a major coffee drinker in college (calculus and coffee were just meant for each other).
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote