Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #1  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Default Mad March Alternachat

Hello there alternachicks!

I've been out of action for a while due to an unexpectedly long trip in Italy and France which included a lot of eating and drinking, a horrid viral infection, some skiing and not nearly enough exercise. I decided not to weigh in today as I couldn't do it first thing in the morning so tomorrow I will see the damage I've done and at least give myself the head start of an empty stomach!

How is everyone doing? How was your february? I spent the start of mine celebrating my 5 yr anniversary with the bf in the mystical Isle of Avalon, also known as Glastonbury. We (of course) indulged a little, but the food was great and we also walked miles and miles which was really invigorating, despite the wet and windy English weather.

For me March is going to be a month of rededication to healthful eating and exercise seeing as I've been slacking on the exercise front since the start of December But we're actually spending 4 days in Munich to visit my bf's best friend so I'm going to have to watch my beer and pretzel consumption!

Anyhoo, I'm going to stop rambling about my travels and hope you are all well and doing fantastically with your weightloss journeys!

Love to you all xx
Old 03-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #2  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hey Maria, it's great to hear from you again! Glad you had fun on your trip...and there is nothing wrong with indulging a little on a vacation. It would be no fun if you were sitting there stressing out over every little calorie. If you gained a little, you'll be fine. You've lost it once, so you can lose it again! =D

My February was pretty much a dead end for weight loss. I was gaining a few pounds, then losing them again, then gaining them again....I'm pretty much exactly where I was when February started. That's okay though, I'd rather be right where I was then be 20 pounds higher...

I realized earlier today that in 4 months, I'll have been dieting for a YEAR. Gosh, that sounds so crazy to me. I never really thought that I'd be the person to stick with this...that I would actually be able to do this...I think it would be AMAZING to get down to at least 160 (normal BMI) by then, but I don't know if it would be possible or not. I guess I started...let me check my food log.....the first entry is July 21st..so by July 21st 2010, I would like to be below 160. I think I could manage it...I guess we'll see.

I've been thinking about it...and if I can get down to a normal size and I don't have huge amounts of loose skin when I'm done, I might invest in a bellydance costume for Ren Fest this year (late august-thanksgiving weekend). I would have to learn some simple bellydancing moves first, but I've got a workout video from netflix coming that is supposed to be some sort of bellydance workout...so maybe that will help. haha...

Anyways, I'm hoping that March will be a good month for me. I want to be completely back on track, I want to start to really work out...I'm going to work my butt off. =D
Old 03-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone! My February was pretty fantastic, lost 8 lbs because I FINALLY found something motivating me to stick with it: I got accepted to go to London in the fall (which is all I freaking talk about anymore lol) and I don't want to be big and miserable when I go, so the optimistic goal is 60 lbs by August 26th, but 40 lbs is also fantastic. I'm a delivery junkie and actually talked myself out of it tonight just thinking about when I go shopping for clothes and still having to get 3X tops and 22 jeans.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #4  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh my goodness Maria, I love love love Glastonbury and I miss English weather so much.

I love that there is an alternachicks forum and I don't know why I'm not here more, so if you chicks don't mind I will try to visit more often.

I had an awesome February in which I unexpectedly made my monthly goal at the last minute even with a cold and having had pizza with my boyfriend for lunch the day before final weigh in. I made 70 pounds lost total and brought myself dead even with hubby's weight, so should weigh less than him soon. Unfortunately I then promptly put on 4 pounds of PMS/I have a cold weight. I know it'll be gone again soon and it is only water, but grrrr none the less.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Gypsy and Fitgirlygirl- congratulations on your losses!

Going2b- Happy Anniversary!

Divine - good luck with the bellydance video!

I have managed to lose 5 of the 10 lbs that I gained due to my medication. I have been going for short walks everyday for the last 2 weeks and have been doing wiifit.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #6  

Hello everyone - hope you are all having a good weekend!

I went to a dance bazaar yesterday and bought some belly dance goodies!

I got 2 dance skirts, a top, a DVD on hand and arm movements and a cd of tribal-gothic-experimental dance music. Can't wait to try the cd out!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:36 AM   #7  

Divine, I'm sure you can make it to 160, and even if you don't make it by the exact one year mark, I'm sure you'll make it there soon enough, I mean look at how much you've lost already!

Well done on the loss Gypsy and congratulations on getting accepted to go to London! I can imagine that being a real motivator

Roxy, well done on meeting your goal for feb and, of course, on your total loss, which is huge! Glastonbury was really magical, but I can do without the English weather for a while

Congrats on the loss Mauv! Nothing feels better than a well deserved treat, I hope your cd worked out well

I had a horrid shock when I got on the scale this morning and it said I'd put on 10lbs in the past month!!! but I got my TOM yesterday and I'm definitely retaining water from that and being dehydrated from excessive beer consumption in Munich so I'm hoping that with a couple of weeks perfectly on plan I'll be back on track with the scale.

As I mentioned I'm trying to rededicate myself to weightloss as I've been a whole month off plan thanks to being out of the UK and I realised this morning that I'm pretty much starting back at the beginning, habit wise, but thankfully not weight wise.

Thanks to my stupidly large gain I feel really set back, but I'm determined not to give up or let it get me down too much! There are 3 weeks left of March and I'm going to use them wisely and aim to get myself back on track and lose my gain to get back down to 188lbs, giving me a fresh start for april and (hopefully) springtime
Old 03-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

going2be- I'm sure you'll get back on track, and you've already accomplished it once, twice should be a cinch!

Mauv- I love bellydancing! I want to get some good workout DVDs, any good ones you'd recommend?

FitGirlGirl- Congrats on your 70 lbs, that's amazing!

Divine- I agree with going2be, if you don't make that last goal you've already done a lot and you should be proud!

Well I'm home for Spring Break and thankfully haven't been thrown off track at all, no binge eating, no unreasonable indulgences, and actually not thinking about food much besides planning out my day the night before and logging it on my diet blog. It's really nice that food isn't first on my mind, more like third or fourth. On Friday I'll be starting my exercise regimen which I logged into my phone to go off everyday until 2030, lol. I also hit the dentist to get that taken care of before I go out of the country and thankfully no cavities this time, so no dentist until next year! I count that as a health-related victory
Old 03-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #9  

Gypsy Severina - The ones I use the most are the twins - Neena and Veena -their DVDs (the ones I have found here so far) are geared more for exercise. I have one that targets arms, one that targets hips and thighs and a cardio one.

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 03-14-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #10  
on the way to skinny

Hey everyone!

So I've been off track again....way too much fast food and not keeping track of things or weighing myself. I'm doing better today I think, although I haven't been keeping track of my points...and I'm planning on being COMPLETELY back on track tomorrow.

Anyways, the BIG news is that I'm going to be staying at my bf's beach house the 18th through the 21st...I'll be staying on track, eating healthy (and hopefully cheap too...lol)...but I needed to buy a swimsuit because my old ones were just falling off of me....and I bought A BIKINI. I'm very nervous about it...but i think I look alright...and it could definitely be worse. My thighs look huge, but a one piece wouldn't hide them anymore then a bikini...and I think my stomach could be a LOT worse. I'm going to wear it, especially because the only person that will be around that I know is my bf, and he thinks I look good no matter what I'm wearing....but I don't know if I'd have the guts to wear it around other people that I know.

It's my first ever bikini though, and I may be nervous...but its a nervous excited =D

Old 03-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Default hello all

hello, all. I'm a "returning" alternachick; been off 3fc for about 9 months, and just a few days ago got serious again about weight loss and being healthy.

The thought of Glastonbury made me swoon : o lovely lovely magical!

And DivineF, you're starting to rock that bikini. Have a great time next week! (Is it your spring break? Where are you going?)

Thanks in advance for all the encouragement and good cheer I know I'll find here : )
Old 03-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #12  

Wow divine, you're kicking that scale's butt and you look great in your bikini, a million times better than I'd look if I squeezed myself into one. I can't wait to be happy enough to get back into one. I hope you're doing ok *hug*

Welcome back guynna!

I had a bad binge day today. I made a conscious decision to binge because I was sad that my bf has left for the continent for an unspecified amount of time. He's got paperwork and a driving licence to get, as well as a job possibility in Italy, so I don't know when I'll next see him so I'm and drowning my sorrows in empty fattening calories. But not for long. Back on the wagon tomorrow morning. No more wallowing, it's all about being productive and getting my groove back so when I next see the bf I'll knock his scoks off

There's a week left in the month, how is everyone doing with their goals? How is the weather where you are? We had a wonderfully mild day today, I sat in the garden enjoying my colouring book without a jacket! I'm hoping the rain will hold off so I can enjoy more sun tomorrow.

I hope you're all doing well ladies

Last edited by going2Bhealthy; 03-24-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #13  

Divine - you look terrific in your bikini!

I am happy to say that I had my last treatment on Friday so let the healing begin!

I have managed to walk everyday for at 40 minutes to 1 hour and it is paying off. I have managed to lose 8lbs since February.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #14  
on the way to skinny

Well guys,

I ended up not wearing the bikini anyways. Lol. Not because I wore something else, but because I didn't take that trip to the beach.

My bf and I broke up like the day before we were supposed to go, so it just didn't happen. I haven't had a reason to wear the bikini since.

GOOD news is that I got a job working at a day school teaching 3 year olds, and my last day at Target is saturday!! WOOHOO! I'm so excited, you have no idea. Anyways, I'll have real weekends again...so I'll be able to go places and do things again...and maybe I'll take a trip myself to galveston and go try out my bikini. lol
Old 03-31-2010, 12:09 PM   #15  

Divine- sorry to hear about your breakup. but congratulations on your new job! Maybe this is a brand new beginning for you?

Easter weekend is approaching and I have not purchased any chocolate to celebrate. We are having a quiet weekend as my hubby needs a good rest (very stressed from work lately). We are going to a movie on Friday and then having dinner with my parents on Sunday and that is it.

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 03-31-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Closed Thread