2 cups celery, 1 inch slices
1 onion, diced
2-4 cloves garlic, minced, to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
Bay leaf
6 cups low sodium chicken or beef stock
2 tbsp cornstarch
Salt and Pepper to taste

Soften onion and garlic in olive oil, then brown meat. Add carrots, celery, potato, bay leaf, pepper, and all but 1/4 cup of the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook 2-3 hours (this is also good in a crockpot on low for 8 hours), covered. Before serving, combine the last 1/4 cup stock with the cornstarch, bring stew to a rolling boil, and stir in cornstarch slurry. Simmer until thickened.

Spaghetti Squash Bake - 4 servings, 385 calories per serving, can be prepared, put in fridge, and baked when you get home.
1 large spaghetti squash, baked or microwaved and raked with a fork into strings
1 lb lean ground turkey, browned with 1 diced onion, 2 cloves garlic, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups plain marinara sauce
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese

Brown the meat with the onions, garlic, and seasoning, then add the marinara sauce and spaghetti squash strands. Toss to combine. Place in a baking dish, sprinkle cheese over top, and bake at 375 until cheese is golden and bubbly, 30-40 minutes. Serve with a side salad, if desired.

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!

Maintained Oct 2007-Sept 2011, then got pregnant. Our baby boy was born in May, 2012...now to lose the baby weight!!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote