Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Default A bit embarrassed....

I posted this in my other favorite forum but since I wanted a solution that was a natural as possible, I thought I'd post here too. Ya'll are always so helpful and knowledgeable!

What do you guys do about gas? I have figured out that I really like large amounts of food. I love volume, it doesn't make me feel deprived. Therefore, I'm eating a lot of vegetables which equals lots of gas.

I know eventually my body will get used to the oatmeal and veggies and produce less gas, but until then what can I do? Any natural alternatives other than OTC meds? What about Beano? I don't know much about it, but Im worried that I will lose some of the benefits the veggies give me if I completely block out one of the natural side effects before it even occurs.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #2  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

Beano and other enzymes can help. I've never met anyone who didn't simply adjust after a period of clean, whole foods eating though. Best of luck.
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I'm sure I'll adjust, I'm just hoping for some relief until then. I'll give the beano a try.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:08 AM   #4  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Peppermint oil and peppermint tea. We have a capsule here called Mintec, not sure if it's available over there. It works really well with my IBS and excessive gas - not a good thing when you're in a small office with 3 others.

Having said that, I don't think I've taken any for a few months now. Must be getting used to the healthy foods!
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 206.8/168.9/115

Height: 5' 5"

with you on that one sash! i just started eating clean and im having the same 'issues'...lol but im def. going to try the beano!
WannabeNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/159/148

Height: 5'9"

I would recommend chewing REALLY well. It does make a difference- digestion starts in the mouth!

Also, I heard a little trick regarding beans by Alicia Silverstone (vegan) the other day, but haven't had a chance to use it. She said boil the chick peas for a few minutes and when you see the bubbles at the top emerge, remove them with a spoon. I don't know if it works, just thought I'd pass it along....
bonnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Yogurt really seems to have done the trick for me.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #8  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Have you seen the program "you are what you eat" ?With Gillian McKeith, And I also know this to be true but the more whole foods you eat, not packaged or canned, the less Gas you will experience and you will also have less "Stink" in your bowel movements. You can google her.I tried and it is true, but you have let your body adjust.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote