Old 02-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #1  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Default How do I freeze/reheat soup?

So I want to make soups like the WW garden veggie soup, and a bean soup I found on someone's blog, but I wanted to make em in bulk and freeze them.

But I'm sort of a cooking noob so I don't know how. Can I spoon them into ziplocks? Or do I need to put them in tupperware. More than likely, I'd be the only one eating them, so how do I go about doing that in individual serving sizes?

And how do I reheat? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I honestly just have no idea.

Thanks =]
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

I think you can just let the soup cool and put individual servings into tupperware containers..I don't think I'd use the bags in case they leak, etc. Just put the containers in the freezer. To thaw you can just take out the morning you want it or put it on a low heat on the stove. Hopefully this is right..lol...I've only seen my mom freeze soup.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #3  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

Height: 5'6"

I just learned this new trick...
Put a plastic freezer bag into a freezer and microwave safe soup bowl or mug. Ladle enough soup into the bag to fill the bowl, and then put the bowl with the bag in it in the freezer. The soup will conform to the bowl's shape as it freezes. Once the soup is frozen, remove the bowl and store the soup in the freezer. When you want a bowl of soup, simply transfer it from the bag to the bowl and and warm it in the microwave.
Gelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:39 PM   #4  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

HAHA Gelene, that's genius!!! (edited cos I'm ******ed lol)

Thanks to both of you guys! I'm making a massively large batch of soup this weekend. Yay.

Last edited by oodlesofnoodles; 02-02-2010 at 11:43 PM.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #5  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelene View Post
I just learned this new trick...
Put a plastic freezer bag into a freezer and microwave safe soup bowl or mug. Ladle enough soup into the bag to fill the bowl, and then put the bowl with the bag in it in the freezer. The soup will conform to the bowl's shape as it freezes. Once the soup is frozen, remove the bowl and store the soup in the freezer. When you want a bowl of soup, simply transfer it from the bag to the bowl and and warm it in the microwave.
OMG, that is brilliant! I have been cooking like crazy, and buying more and more little 2 cup tupperware things to freeze individual soup/casserole portions in. Not any more!
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Actually I really like freezing soup in freezer bags *flat.* Makes them neat and efficient to stack in the freezer. I just wack on the counter to make a few big chunks before putting into bowl (if I didn't thaw it the night before).
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I like the square freezer containers (NOT tupperware). I did the flat freezer bags for the summer but they dont stack neatly in my freezer, they slide around. Plus I always have to thaw to get them to fit and I've had leaks. I have a decent number of freezer containers and if I run low I know it is time to stop cooking and start using what I already have.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote