Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #1  

Default Nutrisystem Fresh Food Delivery

I was visiting Nutrisystems website and see they now have a fresh food delivery option. Has anyone tried that? Thumbs up or down?
charlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/166/145

Height: 5'4

My mom is on the Nutrisystem Fresh Food delivery and she LOVES it! She loves it so much I am expecting my delivery on Saturday. Nutrisystem basically partnered up with Nu-Kitchen which was a local NY company. I'll let you know how I like it once I get my first delivery.
divajackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #3  

I decided to go ahead and give this a try myself. Here's what I think so far:

The ordering on the website is very user friendly. There is a fairly good variety of meals to choose from each week. I like that there isn't one set menu (although you can choose the "favorites" if you don't want to pick your own meals) and therefore no substitution charges or hassles if you don't like something. It's also very simple to change your delivery date on an upcoming order if you need to skip a week.

The shipping consists of a cardboard box and 6 blocks (not big blocks - they just line the walls of the box) of styrofoam along with a couple of big frozen gel-packs. I prefer this because it's much easier to stack up the blocks of styrofoam for recyling later than accumulating several styrofoam coolers. Everything was very neatly packed and arrived cold.

The food so far is pretty good (I just finished day 3). I've had a muffin, a smoothie and a bagel, and an omelette for breakfast and they were all tasty. My lunches have been a chicken pasta salad, a turkey/black bean wrap and herb rubbed beef steak. I didn't care for the chicken pasta salad (there was nothing wrong with it, I'm just a bit of a picky eater), but the other two lunches were good. The dinners have been chicken vesuvio, catfish w/mashed potatoes and chicken parmesan - all good! The snacks are also tasty - chips and dips (today I had pita chips w/spinach artichoke dip and it was yummy!) although some are just prepackaged nutrigrain or marathon bars.

Before my first order shipped, the customer service people left a very detailed message on my answering machine telling me what to expect. Also, before I ordered, I sent them a couple of questions which they answered right away.

So based on the website, service, and most important, the taste of the food, I give them thumbs up so far!
charlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/230/175

Height: 5'8"

I just ordered the Fresh Frozen breakfasts and lunches. I like that NS has an option to try the whole menu- or select certain meal sets.

Thanks to charlita's post I am very excited to get my shipment now, and even more motivated to stick with my NS program
CawScorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/230/175

Height: 5'8"

Update- I received my order and give these selections a THUMBS UP for taste. BUT thumbs down for not being part of the general NS plan. You have to order these ON TOP of your regular order- and it is an additional cost. I wish NS would incorporate these selections into the general plans.

I understand that the frozen selections require special delivery, but Jenny Craig allows for both frozen and shelf ready food, why can't NS?

That is my only complaint- even still- I far prefer NS to JC.
CawScorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

I just ordered the fresh frozen foods, too.

The breakfasts and lunches have been outstanding. I've been having a problem with the dinners. So, I ordered mostly pizza and mac & cheese (that seems to be the only two meals that I really enjoy) and I will include the frozen dinners in between.

I really love the program! I've lost 10 pounds so far and I'm looking forward to finally getting this weight off.
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyPAGirl View Post
I've been having a problem with the dinners.
Please elaborate. You mean you just didn't like the taste or did it cause some kind of bad reaction?

On the other hand though, I've been hearing a lot of people talk about the Chocolate Chip Scones or something like that lately... I'm thinking about ordering some myself to test them out.

Last edited by FattyFatFat; 04-21-2010 at 10:48 PM.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote