Old 02-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/182/125

Default Starting Over!

Hello my name is Christina. I have decided to write up a post about my journey with LAWL as I am starting over.

I first began LA Weight Loss in 2004. I had been overweight for quite a while during my teens and when a coworker of mine told me about a program she was doing I was interested. I made an appointment that day and by the afternoon I signed up for the program at LAWL. I started at 181 pounds and within a year I lost 56 pounds meeting my goal weight of 125 and going from a size 18 to size 4-6. I admit after the weight loss I became a little vein and believe that is partially why I was unable to keep the weight off. I thought that I had lost the weight and I didn’t need to do anything to maintain it so I never completed the maintenance portion of the plain.

I kept the weight off for about 2 years then began slowly gaining the weight back next thing I knew I was 200 lbs and miserable. I decided this year was going to be my year and am determined to get back on track. I want to be healthy and fit when I graduate at the end of the year as well as when I get married next year. I have already lost 11 pounds since the new year which I am happy about. My job is also doing a Biggest Loser contest and that has also got me motivated not to mention all the cute clothes i still have in my closet.

I only had the gold and green plans as well as the express after they changed to la free to live. I feel I had more success with the colored plans and they are what I used to get to my goal. I did not have the purple plan which is what plan I should start with first because of my current weight. I googled and searched the web for info and this is where I found 3FC. I was super excited to find this site because there are people who are still doing LAWL and everyone seems to support each other on here.

After reading on this site and others I found the purple plan as well as the take off plan done with oranges which is what did when I first started. I did debate on doing LA to your door but decided against it because I already paid money for my plan and did not want to pay more money if I feel I can do it with the materials I already have. I will be substituting lites with luna bars.

Wish me luck everyone I started take off this morning and so far so good. :
Christina2629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #2  

Your story sounds very similiar to mine. I am also about220 right now and very unhappy. I just finished my take off today and feel very confident that I can take the weight back off. If anybody has substitutions for any of the la stuff such as the lites. I would love to know anything! Thanks
mommy2randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #3  

Ive been ready through the site and other sites as well and many people substitute la lite bars with Luna bars. you can get them at most grocery stores and they come in a variety of flavors and I think they taste better then the lites.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

welcome to both of you! come and join us on the Friends and Losers thread. that's where we post daily. good luck on your journey ladies! just remember this is a lifestyle change not a temporary thing.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #5  

Thanks Jillian!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/175/135

Height: 5'4"

Talking Also Starting Over

Hi, my name is Angie and I did LA Weight Loss 3 years ago. I just want to introduce myself to this board as I have been lurking for many years.

I had lost 42 lbs and hit a plateau. My center put me on maintenance saying my body was done losing and was not going to lose any more. I was 7 lbs away from my goal. I fell off the wagon during maintenance, the center closed, and I slowly started gaining my weight back. Well I have gained all but 6 lbs of it back. So I am starting over. I did take off this week on Monday & Tuesday using the Knudsen's Morning Juice Blend. So far this week I am down 3 1/2 lbs. I am determined and can't wait to lose it all again so I can fit into those size 10 pants that are still in my closet.

I am wondering if anyone has tried incorporating the MUFA's from the Flat Belly Diet into your plan? I was thinking of trying to split up my fat so I have a MUFA with every meal. Yesterday I did 1 T. peanut butter with breakfast and then split up my last fat of green olives between lunch and dinner. I picked up some Flaxseed Tablets to take that with the meals instead of trying to take it out of my precious food for the day. I was just wondering if anyone else was doing this and if they see an improvement? I was on the gold plan but since starting over I am doing Plan 2 according to my weight.

Also do you weigh yourself everyday? I was not sure if this is a good thing to keep you motivated or if it discourages you.

Thank you for listening I absolutely love this board.
jovigirl is offline   Reply With Quote