Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #1  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Just wanted to say hello!

I have been a member of this site for a little over a month now. I hadn't ventured outside of main page much until today and I found you guys!

I read most of the "what is an alternachick" thread and thought it sounded a lot like me! I have never fit into the norm.. growing up I always felt like the odd one in the group. I was FAR from popular.. was in the band from 7th grade up into college.

My parents didn't agree with my choice of piercings and my lack of picking a hair color and sticking with it.

Now I am an art teacher and it seems to fit well with my personality. I love to draw and paint when I actually have time.

I have a nose ring and 7 piercings in my ears and the school doesn't care.. guess that is what happens when you teach at an "economically disadvantaged" school. As long as your students are passing who cares!

I love anime and reading books about Vampires. Yes I read the Twilight series.. I couldn't help it!

I can't wait until I can dress how I WANT to dress... right now its whatever fits. I don't feel brave enough at this size to take the risks that I want to take. I also want a tattoo on my arm, but only when they are smaller!

So now that I have rambled.. just wanted to say I am happy I found this place!

"Let your freak flag fly!" --- it was from a movie and I find it very fitting for my point in life.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #2  
love it or lose it

well.. this was a waste.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #3  
Artsy Fartsy Girl

S/C/G: 268/226/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey! I'm new at this forum, too.

Don't be discouraged if posting is slow here, there's not that much traffic so it can be over several weeks that a post gets read. I only log in once a week or so.

I too am looking forward to dressing in my ideal way, and not having trouble walking in a small heel, having a wider choice of styles in lingerie, etc.

One of the things about being a larger size that alway bothered me the most was how hard it is to sale shop and utilize Goodwill to its fullest potential. I used to LOVE vintage 60's stuff from the local Goodwill but so rarely could fit into any of it. Of course, even as small as I could ever get again, I still wouldn't, but it would be great to log onto Bluefly.com and be able to buy something.

CU round the forum!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Welcome! Best of luck on your weight loss. Looks like you're doing well so far!

That sounds like a fun job. One of the reasons I think I'd rather go into academia versus industry (I'm a scientist) is the increased freedom to express yourself. And the fact that nearly everyone else in academia is just as socially awkward as me.

This section of the forums tends to be pretty slow... I only check it about twice a week, because otherwise I'm annoyed that there are no new posts. Also, you posted near the end of the work day (on the east coast, anyway) so I bet a lot of us didn't read it until this morning.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #5  
love it or lose it

Thanks guys! I also forget that there are so many new posts in other areas some get lost in the shuffle. I was excited to find this part of the forum and then nobody wanted to talk to me haha. I am also suffering from PMS today so I was bummed at no responses. LOL

dolphin - I hear you on the lingerie. A year or so back I bought something from VS that was supposedly "one size fits all" Riiiiiiiiiiight. I was SO bummed and cried. Kinda ruined the mood. LOL

mayness - It is a fun job.. also the fact I am an art teacher and not a core subject people expect you to be weird.. all my art teachers were growing up!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/270/135

Height: 5'6"

welcome to this part of the forums
Old 02-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 289/284/170

Height: 5'10

Hi!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #9  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hello!

I definitely check this part of the forum all the time...but I may not respond...and I guess its generally because when I respond usually no one responds back...because this part of the forum IS very slow.

Maybe I'll try and become a more active poster here though. I definitely feel like this is where I fit in the best..
=D
Old 02-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

Hey, welcome and such.

Nice to hear of people with piercings who are able to keep them and work. My family always whines that with all the metal in my ears/face that I'll never get a good job.

And one size fits all... hah! I've always had a certain hate for clothes that had that on them.
Closed Thread