The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Smile Anyone tried the 30 day quick start (Jillian Michaels Supplements)?

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the 30day quick start or the detox from Jillian Michaels Supplements? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #2  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Sadly yes, I tried them. I really dunno when we ever learn there is no magic pill! But alas we keep trying right?

Anyway, I didnt lose any more or any less than I do when I'm eating clean and exercising. I didnt have a laxative effect on me...didnt make me feel slimmer...didnt give me any energy...didnt make me feel less hungry. In short they did nothing but suck $30 out of my wallet. My coworker did the week with me, she didnt think they did anything for her either. the only benefit I think I did get out of it was it really got me to stick to my eating plan all week because I felt that was key to making them "work". so for me it was all a placebo effect so to speak.

My opinion...save your money!
Old 01-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/170/150

She says in her book it isn't a magic pill, it just helps lose weight a bit faster if you are eating correctly and exercising. Anyways, I went in there to try them and the guy at GNC said that hydroxycut Max for women is a lot better weight loss wise than Jillian so I went with that

. I don't take it all the time but when I do I burn about 350ish more calories. The reason I know is because I burn 1 calorie a minute while watching tv (according to my bodybugg) but when I take the pill and watch tv I'm burning about 1.5 calories a minute. So throughout the day it adds up.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:10 PM   #4  
Word.

S/C/G: 187/174/140

Height: 5'5'

Someone told me that they are using these on the biggest loser now. Does anyone know if this is true?
Old 01-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Thank you all for the information. I know it is hard not to think that there is a magic pill. I was reading the box for the detox- 30 day trial and was wondering if it helped with water weight and stomach bloat as it suggested. I did so well with diet and exercise last summer and fall but I let the winter get to me and was hoping this might get me back on track..
Old 01-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #6  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I don't know anything about her weight loss supplements but I am doing her 30 day shred workout video! That works awesome!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #7  
Empress/Queen

They are not using them on BL unless secretly.

In my personal opinion, it is disappointing to see Jillian hawking a line of these kinds of pills. I used to enjoy her and feel she was effective. Now I see her as just another pill pusher.

That's just my opinion, not meant to besmirch anyone who finds these pills useful. They are legal, anyway.

I totally agree with the poster who said J's 30-Day Shred is effective. It is a nice workout. I have several of her older workouts as well and like them even better.

No pills required.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #8  
Not anymore!

S/C/G: 300/250/140

Height: 5"3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janga View Post
They are not using them on BL unless secretly.

In my personal opinion, it is disappointing to see Jillian hawking a line of these kinds of pills. I used to enjoy her and feel she was effective. Now I see her as just another pill pusher.

That's just my opinion, not meant to besmirch anyone who finds these pills useful. They are legal, anyway.

I totally agree with the poster who said J's 30-Day Shred is effective. It is a nice workout. I have several of her older workouts as well and like them even better.

No pills required.

I was really surprised to see Jillian selling weight loss supplements when on the show they talk about all the hard work needed to lose weight and there is not easy way to lose weight. To me it seems hypocritical and is sending the wrong message to persons needing to lose weight.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaMary View Post
She says in her book it isn't a magic pill, it just helps lose weight a bit faster if you are eating correctly and exercising. Anyways, I went in there to try them and the guy at GNC said that hydroxycut Max for women is a lot better weight loss wise than Jillian so I went with that

. I don't take it all the time but when I do I burn about 350ish more calories. The reason I know is because I burn 1 calorie a minute while watching tv (according to my bodybugg) but when I take the pill and watch tv I'm burning about 1.5 calories a minute. So throughout the day it adds up.
I thought Hydroxcut was said to be one of the drugs that was very dangerous?
Old 03-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #10  
Run for Fun

S/C/G: 160/142/130

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlizzie10 View Post
I thought Hydroxcut was said to be one of the drugs that was very dangerous?
You are correct. There was a recall on at least 14 Hydroxycut products just last year. Search Google and you will find lots of info on it.

As for Jillian's 30 day Jump Start, I am about to finish her 14 day jumpstart, and I dont feel it has done anything for me. So, thanks to her 30-day money back guarantee, I will be returning it (and will buy her book instead) BECAUSE I read an exerpt from her book and re-confirmed from another online source that caffeine in my "Slow Oxidizer" body was not good (tormenting my adrenal glands), so I stopped drinking my 4-6 mugs (black only) a day COLD turkey, and I lost 6 pounds this past week **NO kidding**. No other changes, I already eat very healthy and workout 5 days a week. I weighed 148 on 2/27 and Sat 3/6 I was 142. I could not believe it. But it made perfect sense. I was giving my body artificial energy from the caffeine so my body didnt need to utilize what I was eating. After being stuck at 148/149 for 2 months, I am stoked!!

I would seriously suggest just making sure you are eating the right foods in the right combos and the right portions...skip the pills. Best Wishes to ALL of you
Old 03-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

I've never tried them, but I'm not a fan of ANY fat burning metabolism pills. Eat as cleanly as possible and move your body till ya are dripping sweat. Works for me, to the tune of 91lbs. I do use her protein powder. 100cals, 15 from fat, 3g sugar and 15g protein. A dose of "fast digesting proteins for lean muscle support and recovery" after a workout is never a bad idea for me. The chocolate is really good too!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 254/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6

i did the cleanse and lost about 3 extra pounds than usuall and felt less bloated. I liked them, but thats just my opinion.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #13  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

I love Jillian - I also found it disappointing that she was promoting pills.

There's a thread here somewhere (I've looked and can't find it) that's a couple of years old at least, but it's awesome. Someone was quoting Oprah. And the basic message was "There is no magic pill. If there was, I would GO AND GET IT." Which...c'mon, it's true. If there were an easy way to lose weight (or even an easy, proven way to jump start the weight loss and keep it off) Oprah would totally have it. The woman has had enough struggles with weight loss, and has enough money that if anything - anything at all - were available, she would have it.

And she is still struggling with her weight. So I think we can safely assume that the magic pill doesn't exist.

I know Jillian isn't calling these magic pills, but stuff like this just makes me nervous. It hasn't been around long enough for us to know what the side effects of taking something like this will be several years down the road.

As for getting back on track, I bet you'll be surprised at how easily you get back on track when you start doing what you did before with diet and exercise. Good luck!!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #14  

Also very disappointed that she hopped on the pill bandwagon. I like Jillian but would never recommend taking any type of pill for weight loss.

Angie
Old 03-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #15  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

If you've read any of Jillians books she's always been a fan of supplementing. She's defended her supplements quite a bit on FB and twitter. I dont think she jumped on a pill bandwagon...I think the marketing was just not well thought out for her image. JMO anyway.