Old 01-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #1  

Default Newbie needs help

Hi everyone,

My name is Stacey, my current weight is right at 180. I lost 30 pounds on the pill Adipex. My doctor took me off of it because it was causing migraines. I started gaining weight as soon as I got off. I gained all of the weight back. I decided this time I was going to do this the right way. I tried the easy way out and it came back to haunt me....Literally...

I have done weight watchers before and never really had a problem understanding the program. I started the beginning of this week with books that were 2 years old. I wanted the new books so I got them from the local meeting place. The more I research this years program the more I am confused. I always got my 25 points at the beginning of the day and did not go over. Now I am reading about filling foods, Si Fi (what is that ), and the Momentum.... I am so confused and it has me discouraged.

If someone would please give it to me in "dummy" terms I guess I should say. I feel like a "dummy" because I do NOT understand.

Please help me. . . . . .

Thanks
stacgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Do you want to do the WW where you count all your points
or the one that used to be called Core that lets you eat "core"
foods and only count the foods that are not core?
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey, sorry you are confused. Don't get discouraged, though. I think ww recommends that you count points for the first few weeks, but here is a little info if you want to tweak it a bit:

Core (the old name for Si Fi foods): If you notice in your book, the foods that are simply filling are marked. On the "core" plan, you:
1. eat only the si fi foods
2. eat until you are satisfied and not too full
3. eat non si fi foods but count them toward a 35 point allowance for the week

Counting Points is pretty much the same with one addition. WW recommends that you choose more si fi foods and the foods that have "set points" are eaten in an unlimited amount for one meal only. For instance if a food has a point value of 3 and a set point value of 5, you can eat the specified amount for 3 points or an unlimited amount of that food for 5 points. You are only going to do this for the one meal in which you make this choice. Remember that an unlimited amount of food still requires you to eat to satisfaction, not pain!

I hope this helps. Remember, you can always call your local ww office and ask any questions that you have.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote