Old 01-03-2010, 05:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

Default Drinking my water

I am trying to be good and start the New Year off right but once again water is an issue for me.

I have no problem drinking enough a day when I decide to. I do however need to use the bathroom at least every 30 minutes but that does not bother me what bothers me is the scale. When I drink enough water daily the scale continues to rise. For the past 2 days I have been drinking water and the scale has gone up each morning by at least a pound. I have tried this before and I always seem to see the scale rise roughly 5lbs and not go down until I stop drinking so much water.

Does this happen to anyone else and if so how long does it last for you? Maybe I am just not giving it enough time, I think the longest I have given it is 1.5 weeks or so. I don't stop drinking water completely but I cut back down to a glass or two a day and my weight goes back down within a couple of days.

Even if it is just water weight I am the type who gets depressed seeing the scale go up and it is hard fro me to continue when I see that.

Last edited by lauralyn; 01-03-2010 at 05:41 AM.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #2  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

Same thing happened to me. I kept reading about how important it is to drink water so I committed myself to drinking my 8 glasses a day. After a week I had gained a little over 5 lbs, when I stopped drinking so much the weight went right back down. I'm not sure if it was the water or something else, but like you it completely freaks me out seeing the numbers on the scale rise when I'm doing everything right. I quit my strict water intake after about 2 weeks, and now drink a little more than I used to but still less than I was drinking. I'm interested to see if this is common and if there is anything to do about the water weight too.
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #3  

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that this happens to.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #4  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I've not had that happen? Usually when I drink more water, I weigh less because I stop retaining so much water. Maybe you already were drinking enough for your body? Or getting it from other sources you weren't including? I have heard so many different accounts of how much water we need that I think it's just best to do what your body seems to think is right. As long as your urine is light or clear, you're fine.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #5  

I think that is what I need to do, let the color of my urine be the judge.