South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Festive Friday

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. As a friend of mine says - enjoy the movies and Chinese food to those who don't Whether you spend this day with family, special friends, or enjoying the solitude of a day alone I hope it brings you peace and joy.

Our day is slightly less traditional. We are in a tiny motel room but at least the internet is working! In a little while we will head to my parents house for breakfast (very casual, help yourself sort of thing) then out for a walk with mom. Then it's on the road again for us. We celebrated with my family Wed. evening when DD was also there. Spent a nice, mellow day with my parents yesterday (we had seafood for dinner too, though not 7 kinds). All in all it's been a very nice visit but, of course, I will be happy to be back in my house. Looks like we will be home well ahead of the ice storm too, though DD will be driving in it.

I actually stayed on plan about 98% of the time. I did have a few (really few, maybe 5) of my Mom's cookies but everything else was on plan. Hope I keep that up on the drive today.

Have a lovely day wherever you are and whatever your plans are. You are all such an important part of my world now.

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-25-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:44 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning, Cyndi and Everyone

Have a wonderful day today, whatever it may bring. Seasons Greetings and Best Wishes to all!
Old 12-25-2009, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi - wow, I'm impressed that you were that close to being on plan!

To all - have a wonderful Christmas!

I unfortunately woke up early (darned it!!), and am making coffee and hanging out with the pup til the kids are up. My mom just IM'd me and said they don't take after me!!

The main gift today is the Wii, so I'm SURE that's what's going to be going for the next several days (esp. with the ice storm coming).

Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-25-2009, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Auston is still in bed! Jeff and I are waiting for him to get up.

Cyndi, You are an important part of my world, too. Thank you. Be safe on the roads today.

Debbie, I hope you have a wonderful day with your family.

Jeff's family came over for seafood gumbo last night. We had such a good time. The gumbo wasn't the best I've ever made, but family time is priceless. This afternoon, we'll all go to my MIL's house for fried turkey, cornbread dressing, mac & cheese, and all the fixings. Nope, not one SBD thing! But, I think about that next week.

Merry Christmas to you all Chickies.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beachies! Peace, love and joy to everyone this morning.

Yesterday was a struggle but I managed to get party stuff ready and had a grand time. It seems a lot of folks have this Christmas cold that I have so there was not a huge crowd at the event. I have way too many tempting leftovers so will have to do a cull later this morning. My barn cat will have a nice lunch.

This afternoon I'm off to Kemptville for Christmas dinner with my son's family and his in-laws. I'm a tad twitchy about the drive as the weather forecast is "freezing rain, ice pellets and snow" and I may have to cancel. I'm expecting visitors from NJ tomorrow and am worried about them too. Weather is something I can't change but sure would like to.

Have a lovely day with family and friends or even by yourself with a good book. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2009, 08:29 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning everyone and Merry Christmas!

It's very quiet around here this mornng! My son and husband are still asleep.
We had our festivities last night with people coming and going all evening long to get gumbo. It was nice. Today will be very quiet. Sons will off with girlfriends making the rounds and we are just going to go to the movies this afternoon. Horrible storms yesterday, but hopefully it will be ok today. I lost my mind with some almond cookies that one of the son's girlfriends brought over. They were yummy...but made me horribly ill later..heartburn. Reminds me of WHY I don't eat white flour...ugh.
Have fun everyone!

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-25-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hope everyone is having a lovely time and weather is cooperating so you can see your loved ones.
Turkey is a roasting and still to make all the side dishes.
take care
Sophie
me little grandson phoned and said I love you Baba(grandma) in Ukrainian who can ask for a better present although lots of books here too.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
DH and The kittas are snoozing in the livingroom. I'm puttering around pondering making cookies to unload on ppl tomorrow and get all cookie paraphanelia out of my house
Christmas was Lovely we went to my Mom's Wednesday Night. Thursday I took her to a spa for a quick Eyebrow and she let me treat!! HOORAY! a first
a quick trip to the grocery for crackers for Schmoos spinach dip (I'll post in the thread about my augments) Which EVERYONE LOVED! Score one for the healthy girl!
We had hor d'oevres for Christmas Dinner with my fam I wonder how many calories peeling shrimp burns Pressies were plentiful and I'm thorougly spoiled DH got me a netbook! So I'll be a writing fool! We watched a Christmas Story
Today we drove home through Some Pea Soup Fog in the Poconos stopped off at home and I got another cool gift from DH if you watch NCIS I'm the Proud Owner of a Caf Pow Mug!
We had a Lunch/Brunch with DH's fam and did secret Santa gifts
Came home gave the kitties their gifts and snugged on the couch!

I'm so thank ful to have all you ladies (even when I'm Awol for stretches at a time!) Here's to a Beautiful and Blessed 2010! I will pop on tomorrow!
Love,
Kierie
Closed Thread