Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

Default New Lifestyle Diet

Has anyone heard of or been on this program? I'm going to be starting in a couple of days. Would love your input (good or bad). Thanks!
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:32 AM   #2  

Hi,
Yes, I have tried New Lifestyle and the products are good. They are whey protein based instead of soy like Medifast. I am going to incorporate New Lifestyle and Medifast (love the crunch bars and pretzels) in to a program for me. I can't stick to all liquid, so I am choosing to do no less than 1000 cal and no more than 1400 calories, and exercise. I'm sick of the diet roller coaster I have been on for many years. You may want to check out dietdirect.com for cheaper prices.
Gwen :-)
justbeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:02 AM   #3  

Hey, thanks, Gwen. I was doing my own thing back in the spring/summer and lost 45 lbs. My program consisted of 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, scrambled with 1/3 cup cooked oatmeal for breakfast. Snack was 15 raw organic almonds. Lunch was 7 oz. protein and a large salad with 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and vinegar and 1/2 Tbsp. feta cheese. My pre-work out snack was 1 cup cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/2 bananna. Dinner was a protein shake (usually doubled it) and 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese. I averaged about 6-8 pounds lost per month. Not bad. But I busted my butt working out (did cardio 6 days week and weight training 3x week). I grew bored of my own program. I can't even look at oatmeal or egg whites right now! I didn't allow too much variety in my diet. I was basically following a body builder's diet. No wonder I couldn't stay on it!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #4  

I was on the program for one day....the food was awful. I am sending it back. I went on Jenny Craig instead. Much, much better
Old 01-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #5  

I have done Medifast and New Lifestyle(using Wonderslim products). But, I have found myself going back to Jenny Craig. Drinking liquids and mixing powders with water is a fast fix, yes. But, totally unrealistic, for the long run, as the weight comes back faster than one took it off. Jenny teaches you how to eat properly to lose, then, maintain weight loss, all while eating three meals a day and three snacks/dessert. So, the program is not as strict as one would think. I totally love JC! I prefer the in-centre, as opposed to online. Either way, it is all good! Happy New Year to all, and much success in your weight loss journeys.

Last edited by sunnywarmth; 01-01-2010 at 01:34 PM.
sunnywarmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:50 AM   #6  

Medifast works indeed but for me it has become a real danger. I will never do it again. I regained about 30 off the 70 pounds I lost last year and I developed a bladder problem because of the soy it contains. The bladder problem is now with me for life. Be very careful with soy, people. Small amounts might be ok but not in the high doses that you consume while on Medifast. Never again....now I am on Amitripyline to control the bladder problem but that medication has put a halt to my metabolism and now I cant lose weight. To anyone wanting to use Medifast, be very careful. I cannot have anything now that contains soy and sadly, soy is in just about everything! Ugh!

Suzie
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:30 AM   #7  

I have tried new lifestyle diet too. They are great for you.
chymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/250/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Starting New Lifestyle Diet next week

I'm starting the day after my food comes next week. According to UPS, it should arrive on the 23rd. That's my only complaint about this company so far. It takes forever to ship.

Like Suzie above, I also did Medifast a few years ago. I lost a good amount of weight, at least 25 pounds, within 6 weeks. But because of the soy, my thyroid really suffered. I didn't know just how hypothyroid I already was. I cheated a few times while on that plan but I went back on quickly. EXCEPT one Saturday when I went to dinner with my in-laws to an all-you-can-eat family style buffet of fried seafood. I was never able to get back on my plan and I don't know why. I think it was partially because I was very tired of the Medifast food.

I received a free sample of NLD food last week and I was very impressed. It's all much better tasting than Medifast was, to me. I love the fact that you actually get more food on NLD, and it's cheaper. Twice throughout the day you're supposed to double up your food - like, have a shake and a bar.

I wish more people would post about this plan. I'm doing it because I was going to a bariatrician and I was on a full liquid fast for about 6 weeks. I lost 30 pounds but I can't lose any more. Due to hormonal problems, I have a much bigger appetite than I did before. Long story. Also, it's actually really cheap to do this diet in comparison to buying food. I keep trying Weight Watchers (I have all the info at home) and Fat Smash Diet, but I can follow either one for about 2 days before I give up and get tired of planning meals. I just don't have the energy for it anymore.

Anybody have success on this diet? Any tips?

Suzy
peacefuljoy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Check out the wonderslim thread-NLD is the same as wonderslim (different name-same packaging and product) I started with NLD and have done well-found out about wonderslim and ordered from them. NLD ships from (I think ) California and Wonderslim is in North Carolina. For me it cuts several days off.

hth
Amy
amy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Ditto on what Amy said....Wonderslim is in your state! You'd probably have the stuff the next day! lol Also, when I was comparing WS and NLD, I seem to remember that WS had better deals...maybe it was because of free shipping or quantity discounts, can't remember now...but definitely check it out.
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #11  

I hadn't heard of Wonderslim before. I had maybe seen the name but didn't know what it was. Do you guys know if they have a free sample or anything? That was what sold me on NLD. It's worth it to me to pay a little extra for something that tastes good. If Wonderslim tastes anything like Medifast... yuck!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

They taste exactly the same - I really enjoy the shakes and bars
amy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:56 AM   #13  

I finally got my New Lifestyle Diet products yesterday and I'm starting it today! I'm very excited. I love the chocolate berry crunch cereal. I got it in a sample pack a few weeks ago. I'm about to go to the kitchen and have my little bowl of cereal for breakfast. That's the item that sold me on the program.

I keep looking at WonderSlim and I find it irritating that you can't customize your package with the products you want. It definitely is cheaper than NLD and worth checking out. Looks like the company is in Wilmington, which is someplace I go several times each summer anyway. I wonder if I could go directly to the company and pick out my own stuff. I think I'll give them a call.

Has anybody tried to call them to customize their shipment?

Suzy
Old 05-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefuljoy27 View Post
I finally got my New Lifestyle Diet products yesterday and I'm starting it today! I'm very excited. I love the chocolate berry crunch cereal. I got it in a sample pack a few weeks ago. I'm about to go to the kitchen and have my little bowl of cereal for breakfast. That's the item that sold me on the program.

I keep looking at WonderSlim and I find it irritating that you can't customize your package with the products you want. It definitely is cheaper than NLD and worth checking out. Looks like the company is in Wilmington, which is someplace I go several times each summer anyway. I wonder if I could go directly to the company and pick out my own stuff. I think I'll give them a call.

Has anybody tried to call them to customize their shipment?

Suzy
You can customize and choose the items you want. You can either call them and tell them you want either starter kit and tell them what you want to exchange or you can input in the special instruction box on the page before you submityour order, they will customize it for you. Or you can email what you want to switch out.

Just call them and they will comfirm it. Customer service is very nice they will work with you.

Last edited by mollymai; 05-25-2010 at 08:22 AM.
mollymai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

Welcome! I am switching from Medifast to Wonderslim and have heard WS is VERY similar to New Lifestyle diet. The key is finding a program that works for YOU! Check out all the threads and ask questions, it is how I found Wonderslim!! Welcome and can't wait to see your success!
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote