South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 05:49 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Merry Monday Chat

Somehow the time got away from me yesterday so I'll be going flat out today to get ready to leave for Ottawa by 4! First the gym though.

First a coffee though and then the flying start. See y'all later.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:04 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!
Ruth, I hope you get everything done on schedule.

Remember, today's the first day of our SBD Holiday Challenge. I drowned my oatmeal in skim milk this morning, but still had to drink a little bit of milk "straight" to get a full serving in. lol

We're doing a 'turkey hunt' at school today. The kids will bring blaze orange or camouflage hats, jackets and things to wear and we teachers will hide paper turkeys and colorful craft feathers in the bushes and tall grass around the lower field and they'll hunt for them. They trade the paper turkeys in for a 'hunter's snack' and a juice box and after they finish eating we'll play some games. We had a great time last year so I'm really looking forward to the fun today. I've got my husband's blaze orange hat and jacket ready to go...

Have a great Monday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-23-2009 at 06:06 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:16 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - Have a great flight

Heidi - I finally narrowed the list down. Thanks for the reminder and the idea
Enjoy your fun morning.

I think I have a quiet, short week of desk work ahead. Hardly anyone in the office so I should be able to get a bunch of database, reporting, and newsletter work done. Problem is I surf more because it's boring

I hope to get any grocery shopping done during the day today or tomorrow. If I bring my cooler I can avoid going at the end of the day, definitely a good idea Kalyn has a low sugar pumpkin cheesecake recipe posted that just might be our dessert. That's the only part of dinner I haven't decided on yet.

Now for more coffee
Old 11-23-2009, 06:21 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Hi Cyndi, I was pleased to see you posted in the challenge thread.

I might check out that cheesecake recipe this evening. I'd love to skip baking our mince pie if I could - it's going to be my biggest temptation. I'll need something REALLY good to replace it though, or my family will grumble all week. lol
Old 11-23-2009, 06:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

Merry Monday indeed! I'm so looking forward to Ruth coming to visit that I'm surprised I managed to sleep at all last night! Today should be busy and that should make it fly by. The girls have 1/2 days of school M,T,&W, and I'm not sure yet whether Maggie is going to school at all today or not. Either way, I'm going over early so I can get a head start on all that needs doing, since the next two days we'll be bringing the girls over here.

This time tomorrow morning I'll be getting ready to go to the airport!

Have a safe drive to Ottawa, Ruth!

Heidi, today sounds like a lot of fun!

Cyndi, I printed out that pumpkin cheesecake recipe, too, but I don't know if I'll have time to make it or not. I hope your hours in the office speed by!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-23-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:45 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!
I'm off of school for the whole week so can come out and play! Going to get some house stuff done before heading out to the gym. Also have to make my Thanksgiving shopping list today so I can go shopping tomorrow.
My son has his 4th black belt test this evening which I'm dreading since he had to have surgury on his knee after the 2nd one. joy. Also have a ton of papers to grade that I didn't finish yesterday. I figured out the other day that it's over 500 sheets a week. jeez.

Ruth, have fun at the gym..that'll give you the energy to finish your busy day.

Heidi, that hunting activity sounds so cute! What grade do you teach?

Cyndi, that cheesecake sounds great. My son's girlfriend is going to make a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert on Thursday and I'm making the creme brulee. Needless to say, SB will be on holiday on Thursday.

Cottage, sounds like you are still busy as usual. Have a fun day!

Last edited by femmecreole; 11-23-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. Having an off morning. woke up feeling like i have a fever and just achy but I have to go to work. Oh well. I only have a 2 day work week this week. I am so glad for that. I'm supposed to have a meeting tomorrow afternoon, but I have a feeling they won't let me go. Hope everyone has a good day.

Last edited by SillyFluff; 11-23-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #8  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

mornin all....

still sleeping... coffee iv hooked up.

2nd interview (meeting owner) in 1 hour.

wish me luck!

sorry I have been sporadically posting... life is crazy sometimes

thinkin of ya all though!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I got up a wee bit early this AM and when I went to take the doggies out it had already started snowing like crazy. Sooo...45 minutes later we were all loaded up and on the road by 3:15; dark and slippery but no traffic. Our 2 hr drive took over 3 but we're back on the Eastern Slope and it hasn't started snowed yet which is great since I have to leave for Denver in several hours.

Ruth, be safe and I look forward to hearing from you.

Heidi, have fun today!

Cyndi, sounds like I'll be seeing you alot today I think I'm going to make Kalyns pumpkin cheesecake. I brought 3 pumpkins over.

Cottage, sounds like you're in for a really busy day! Update us on Maggie.

Cat, it will be really nice to have you around this week!

Silly, hope you're not getting sick and that these 2 days go by really fast!

Gothik, best wishes on your interview. I miss you when you're not around.

Xan, good to see you back. Congrats on maintaining while you've been away. I look forward to hearing from you daily.

I'm off to get some breakfast. Everything is put away and I may just have a big salad. It seems like lunchtime already.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:46 AM   #10  

Hungover on Monday morning. Stupid girl.

Good news is that U2 have just been announced as the headline for the Glastonbury festival next year, and I'M GOING!!

It's my birthday on Saturday and i'm trying to just concentrate on not completely getting myself down about how I look right now. I'm not strictly on plan (hence the hangover) but i'm avoiding sugar for the most part and carbs after lunch aren't allowed. It has made a difference, so once I get the funds up to be able to eat more sensibly i'll see some good results, which is something to look forward to.

Have a great day everyone- as usual you're all so busy!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Crazy at work so this will brief, just wanted to pop in and say Hello. Sounds like everyone enjoyed their weekend.

I went grocery shopping yesterday, I will have to look at that receipe too and see if I can fit it in.

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I'm joining everyone on the crazy train this morning! I got to work late because I decided to do the grocery shopping on the way in and, of course, I got stuck in the longest line our small town has ever seen! Oh well, at least I"m done with it.

Okay...I really need to get time sheets done and payroll prepped. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #13  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning, everyone! I'll be brief, because I have to do laundry and clean before the computer tech comes in to try to undo whatever happened last week when I had a small crash. We had two absolutely beautiful autumn days over the weekend, but today it is bleak.

Debbie, I missed your smashing through to Onderlland -- a belated congratulatons!
Old 11-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #14  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I had to change my ticker! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 11-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #15  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I have to write a paper today (for school) and then finish cleaning my house. My parents are coming in tomorrow afternoon.
Closed Thread