Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #1  
fabulous by 40

S/C/G: 240

Height: 5'04

Default I had my first date since surgery.

Last year I went through a horrible break up about the same time I found out about my liver failing and leading me to wls. Heart broken and sick dating took a back burner to getting my health back.
I went on a few awful dates but nothing that inspired.

Last night I went out on my 1st date since surgery. While I wasn't excited about it, I had a fantastic time in the end. We went to the Santa Monica Pier amusment park and rode the ferris wheel and played all the games. I had so much energy!! almost felt like a different person.
After playing at the park we went to Bubba Gumps for food... I was concerned as food hasn't been sitting well with me this last week. However we ordered the sampler appetizer thing. I had cajun shrimp cocktail and some shrimp spinach dip with a few chips. IT was fantastic I felt like "normal" if you know what I mean.. My date didn't even notice I didn't touch any of the other fried and fatty stuff.

I ended up having a fantastic night with a nice/fun guy, came away with a bunch of stuffed animals from the games, and felt like a normal girl again.

P.S. I have dropped from a 24W to a 14/16 misses .. I am a happy girl today.
sindurella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Congrats.I hope you have a happy day every day!
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #3  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Awww that is so cute Congrats on your fun date! And congrats on being 14/16!!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/187/150

Height: 5'4"

That's so awesome. I'm so looking forward to my "first date" after losing weight...I've been avoiding men for so long now I'm afraid I'll forget how to relax and have fun.

I'm glad you had such a great time. Something to celebrate for sure.
carrie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/120/125

Height: 5'6"

Congrats! Sounds like a great time!! I love Southern California
Mollewogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie77 View Post
That's so awesome. I'm so looking forward to my "first date" after losing weight...I've been avoiding men for so long now I'm afraid I'll forget how to relax and have fun.

I'm glad you had such a great time. Something to celebrate for sure.
Congrats Sindurella! That sounds awesome.

Carrie - I'd say you really shouldn't avoid men. I met my husband at my highest weight, we started dating when I was around 300 lbs (actually he hadn't seen me in a while so didn't know I had lost weight when we started flirting). He is amazingly supportive of my journey and struggles. I avoided men for a long time as well but I was glad to meet him and have him in my life.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/187/150

Height: 5'4"

Nelie I think that's wonderful, and I do know there are great men out there that look past the exterior. I know I could date if I wanted to.

I have just been struggling with other things, and my self-confidence is low. I've been avoiding dating because I'm not happy with who *I* am. I want to be happy with myself alone first, before I start dating again.
carrie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'm so happy for you
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #9  
Pertnear Domestic Goddess

S/C/G: 250/133/125 RNY5/11/09

Height: 5'3

Wow what an awsome weightloss

And way to go on the dating
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

wow that's an incredible weight loss and size change. I can barely squeeze into 20s...

so glad you had a good time!
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:45 PM   #11  
fabulous by 40

S/C/G: 240

Height: 5'04

Thanks everyone. I hope to have a second date with this guy, don't know if it will happen, but SoCal guys are flaky! Either way I felt good and that is a huge change that I like.
sindurella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #12  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

How wonderful!!!! I am so glad you had a great time!

I met my Honey 7 months ago and have fallen in love for the first time in my life...He's Fabulous! I looked at each date as it's own thing, took it all one date at a time...letting go of any expectation of ever seeing him again. 7 months of that and I can say "I love you" with cringing! hehehe It took me a while to let him in but I am so glad that I have reached a point in my recovery from childhood trauma to let my walls down enough to trust him and let him peer over! hehehe

After years of therapy, I could see that I used my obsessive behavior with drugs, food and thus my weight to keep men at an arms length most of my life. I used to obsess about relationships that were not good for me for the same reason.

Though I believe that all things happen for a reason and that one can find the good in everything (even trauma), I wish I had met him years ago and was capable of loving him as I do now.

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 11-23-2009 at 10:32 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #13  
Excited about my new life

S/C/G: 348/256/190

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations on your date. You must have been so excited. I think when I first had surgery I thought I would have to explain to people why I only picked at my food. I have now learned how to simply order and eat what I want off my plate. Sounds like you did good picking from the menu and had a great date, I wish you many more
worthylady is offline   Reply With Quote