Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 03:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Default Water, Water Everywhere.

I have set up a mini goal to aim for this week. I used to love water, but lately (the last few months or so) I find myself reaching for diet pepsi or coke zero, or coffee or tea. I'm guessing this is because my iron is low (I am on iron supplements as prescribed by my doctor), and I am trying to make up for the energy loss until my body regains it's stores of iron.

So my goal to drink 2 litres of water a day. I am hoping this will help me. I know it can't hurt. I love my coffee so I won't be eliminating that, I may work on limiting my soda intake though. One step at a time now. The water this week... We will see what goal next week brings.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/159.8/150

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up

I am working on drinking more water also. I have a list of changes that I am working on and drinking more water is one of them. I have a quart size container that I drink from. I fill it with ice and water before I go to work in the morning and again while home for lunch. My problem right now is weekends...I seem to slip up on them. I'm going to go to the kitchen right now and fill up my container with ice and water for this morning .
Old 08-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #3  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I know I don't drink enough water either, but one thing I've never understood is WHY we're supposed to drink so much, and WHY it matters if we just drink tea and stuff...

I mean, what does the water do differently from the tea?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:55 AM   #4  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

my understanding is that we need water to break down food molecules (helping the liver run smoothly) so drinking tea, with no sugar or milk is the same as drinking water, but as soon as you drink something that needs to be broken down like artificical sweeteners, sugar, milk, alcohol blah blah blah, instead of just rehydrating your body you are using up some of the water you're drinking just to break down those molecules. And we need water to dilute our blood and help the liver and kidneys to function correctly etc.

This is just what I remember from A-Level biology. Makes sense though.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:24 AM   #5  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

OOOOH. Okay. I guess that does make sense. =D
Old 09-27-2009, 05:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/171/135

Height: 5'7

I've never had a problem with drinking too little water, I absolutely love it. Always have. Food has never been my crutch, it's always been beverages. And I'm pretty fond of water
Old 11-16-2009, 02:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

water eh? my bf tells me i should drink water. how about unsweet tea?
Closed Thread