Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #16  
My Baby

S/C/G: 320/291/125

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

1. 12-ounce vanilla shake at McDonald's has the same number of calories as which other item on the menu?
b. Small fries
(they use 2%milk in their milkshakes)

2. Which coffeehouse drink should you avoid when dieting?
a. Cappuccino

3. What's the most diet-friendly thirst quencher?
c. Plain Water

4. Eight ounces of whole milk has how many more calories than the same amount of fat-free milk?
a. 70
(a really BIG guess because I'm allergic to whole milk)

5. Which happy hour favorite has the fewest calories?
c. Gin and Tonic

6. When cold weather strikes, the healthiest drink to warm up with is:
a. Tea

7. Which juice is the highest in calories?
b. Cranberry

8. How many calories are in eight ounces of Coke?
b. 120
Old 12-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default And the answers are.................

1. A 12-ounce vanilla shake at McDonald's has the same number of calories as which other item on the menu?

The correct answer: Quarter Pounder - 7 out of 13 chickies chose this answer!
Next time you drive through, think twice before ordering dessert! At 420 calories, a shake is the calorie equivalent of a Quarter Pounder. That's the same amount as a small order of fries and four Chicken McNuggets combined.

2. Which coffeehouse drink should you avoid when dieting?

The correct answer: Cappuccino - EVERYONE got this one right!
You can spare yourself a few dozen calories if you skip the cappuccino, which has 40 calories when made with nonfat milk, and opt for a small coffee (4 calories before milk or sugar) or a shot of espresso (5 calories) instead.

3. What's the most diet-friendly thirst quencher?

The correct answer: Water - EVERYONE scored big on this one too!
Unless you just dominated the StairMaster, there's no need to grab a Gatorade -- eight ounces is packed with 200 calories! And when it comes to water, skip the Vitamin Waters (125 calories in eight ounces) and opt for plain old zero-calorie water instead.

4. Eight ounces of whole milk has how many more calories than the same amount of fat-free milk?

The correct answer: 70 calories - All but 2 chickies had this one correct!
Milk is great for your bones but can be trouble for your waistline. Fat-free milk, which has 80 calories per eight ounces, is a smarter choice than whole milk, which has 150 calories.

5. Which happy hour favorite has the fewest calories?

The correct answer: Light beer - Only 4 chose the beer.
At around 100 calories per bottle, light beer is your best friend when you belly up to the bar. A gin and tonic packs in double the calories of a light beer, while a pina colada has nearly three times the amount.

6. When cold weather strikes, the healthiest drink to warm up with is?

The correct answer: Tea - All but 2 chickies picked the tea!
Don’t let winter sabotage your diet! Hot apple cider (90 calories in 6 oz.) and hot chocolate (105 calories in 6 oz. made with nonfat milk) are fine as occasional treats, but tea (zero calories) is your best choice on a daily basis.

7. Which juice is the highest in calories?

The correct answer: Cranberry - 6 out of 13 picked this one correctly!
All fruit juices are not created equal when it comes to calories. Eight ounces of orange juice has 110 calories, while the same amount of grapefruit juice has 130 calories and cranberry juice has 140 calories.

8. How many calories are in eight ounces of Coke?

The correct answer: 97 calories - Only 4 picked this one right. I think we were thinking a 12 ounce can, not 8 ounces.
It's a no-brainer to order diet soda at a restaurant or from a vending machine, but don't forget to ask for diet soda in those mixed drinks at the bar.

Once again, I hope you had some fun doing this. I find them enlightening. Just when I think I've got a handle on how "safe" something is, I find one of these quizzes to mess with my head.
Closed Thread