Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:20 AM   #1  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Default 300+ & Ready To Try Again #1043

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 02:16 AM   #2  
Trying again

Hi everyone ..

Well . okee .. I havent been a good girl this weekend .. I havent really gone over my calories for the day .. but I have still be naughty lol ..

I havent done any dancing with Richard this weekend .. but I have done a lot of walking so I havent been doing nothing and being a couch potato. BUT!

On Friday I had 2 glasses of wine .. last night I had 1.5 glasses of wine lol .. we were celebrating our new house purchase and it was the first wine I have had for MONTHS ... tonight I had a few chicken nuggets and some potato .. but Im still under my daily limit .. still .. I should have had something a little more healthy lol ... but my hunny had a HUGE steak with mushrooms and potato salad .. so I could have done worse lol.

Just a couple of personals ..

MISTI - WTG on how well you are doing and Im sure you will succeed with whatever new goals you aim for .. and would love to see a piccy of your awards

KATY - Love your piccys hun .. so pleased when a face can go with the posts lol .. and just keep in mind that baby steps in the forward direction is all that you have to keep doing until you feel like making a little bigger pace

ZELMA - I got to see the link you posted .. I tried seeing the other one that you posted a while back but couldnt get it to work so now I have finally heard your voice too! lol ... Im gonna have to see if I can find that mag again to see what they say the womans weight is .. Im sure your weight loss was the highest in the magazine tho. They definitely owe you an apology .. if I knew where to write to I would email them to support you and tell them what rude people they are!

ANDIE - There are a few of us in the last month that have been going through the BLAHS ... I give myself permission on the weekends lol .. cos I want to spend that time with my hunny and doing things with him ... but during the week I really have to keep kicking myself to get me to do my exercise ... even tho I am enjoying it when I do it .. seems rediculous to fight it . ... but I do notice by the end of the month I get really slack ... then when the new month starts Im all hyped up again lol ...
As for the goodie basket .. we unpacked it .. and I have the chocolates in our room ... ARGHH .. .I pointed out to my hunny he has to take them with him cos while he has reached his goal .. I still have a long way to go!

MELISSA - Hopefully you are able to control your sleeping patterns .. I know what you mean .. but I usually foul mine up cos I forget to do something and end up starting whatever it was late at night then Im all hyped up and it takes me a while to go to sleep lol .. very annoying cos that just happens once and Im off track for the rest of the week lol ...

STRESS/EXERCISE issue - I can definitely understand the good use of stress with exercise ... personally you know when I have been really annoyed or stressed out cos the house gleams!! Its only a problem when someone annoys me and I have cleaned everything ... thats the time that all the rooms get moved around lol ... I used to have a punching bag I could beat the bejeepers out of lol .. might think about getting one of those back again maybe lol.

PATTI - I think I know where the FFM is resting lol .. WTG hun .. dont question it .. just enjoy it!

MELISSA - Well done on walking past the Chinese .. every little step forward is a positive one Keep movin

LORI - Well done on avoiding most of the temptation .. and I wish you strength to get through the next few days too
My hunny didnt actually believe my weight when I told him lol .. he didnt think I was that much .. so instead I had to show him ... he said I carried it well rofl ... I do understand what you mean tho .. its one thing them seeing you ... but knowing your weight is something else

Okee .. well my hunny has just gone and I went down to get him the box of chocolates to take with him .. I couldnt believe it ... in the time that I went to our room to get them and come back down the hall my mouth was watering for the taste of one of them!! And yet I have had chocolate in the freezer for months and fridge for weeks!!? But just having it in my hands I reallllly wanted it! I could have had one .. but then I wouldnt have wanted to stop .. soooo pleased I gave the box to my hunny lol ... I know he will prob eat them and then tell me off rofl ... BUT ... he can afford to add on a couple of pounds cos he can add them and still be really close to his weight to maintain it lol .. but I got MONTHS ... maybe YEARS of work to do lol .. so I reallly dont want the temptation right now .. I think XMas will be bad enough lol

Okee ... 5 positives for Sunday ( I think I missed a day didnt I?)

1 - It was a lovely morning .. and then a rainy afternoon ... so my hunny and I got to snuggle up to watch a dvd

2 - My daughter was away for the weekend lol ... one of the most peaceful and relaxed weekends I have had in ages .. no wonder the lounge is a little messy hehehe

3 - I had news that so far the bone marrow transplant is going well .. my nephew is still in a lot of pain and they cant take him off the morphine yet ... but its so far so good

4 - My dog (Jedi) was sick yesterday .. but today he seems to be back on form so I can relax a little again

5 - We have managed to get both Ashleighs and my dads Xmas pressies sorted out already .. never had presents bought this far from Xmas before .. now I just have to control myself to not give them the gifts before XMas day rofl.

Love and Laughter everyone!

Huggies
Old 10-29-2006, 05:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Just a quick post before work....

As you all know, I've been stalled for 3 MONTHS now...and it discourages me so much. Well, this morning, I hopped on the scale for the first time in about 3 weeks...hoping I'd be able to lower my ticker...

It teetered down to 288, and I was happy...even that would have made me happy....and then promptly went back to 290 and just stopped.

Sometimes I just feel like giving UP. *sigh*

I won't...
It's just so frustrating.

I couldn't even lose 5 pounds this month.

I feel like a failure.

Even though I know that's not the case.

I'm about ready for this plateau to be OVER with.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:09 AM   #4  
Trying again

Kayley hunny you are definitely NOT a failure! Look at you hun .. you have already lost 60 pounds!!! That is just fantastic!! If you are staying OP and doing your exercise it WILL show up on those scales of yours Im sure it will .. I think they are just teasing you .. not very nice of them I must say grrrr. Keep fighting it hun.

Im about to go to bed (midnight again!) .. just finished doing Richard .. wasnt up to doing all it of tonight ... my knee is killing me .. almost didnt do it at all .. but after typing about that box of chocolates and saying that I had chocolate in the fridge and freezer all I could think of was the chocolate!! Sooo I said .. "Right Richard .. you are getting my mind away from that ... Im only allowed a treat if I have earned it and I have blown my treat this weekend with that darn booze! So boogie me!!" I managed to do 45 minutes (had to skip the songs that had the most bending of the knees in them) and when I started I was only planning to do about 20 minutes! lol ..

I did have a little NSV .. and its times like this NSV that I am really thankful that this place is here .. When I lay down to do the crunches and it got to the second part where you put your hand on your "belly" ... now usually I dont really notice this part but today I found myself really having to focus to get the crunches done ... and when I put my hand on my belly .. guess what I felt??? MY RIBS!! I know the darn things are there .. and usually if I poke in I can feel them anyway lol .. but when I was lying on my back ready to sit up I could feel them!! Its been YEARS since I could do that ... next Im hoping to feel my hips lol ... anyway ... I was so excited about it I kept thinking of it while I finished the workout and wondered who can I tell!! Everyone over here is asleep I think .. dont think my hunny would like getting a text message telling him that lol .. so I was starting to feel a little down that I had no one to tell then I thought ... oooh .. I will come on here instead Soo .. Im gonna go answer my pm's, update my exercise time and then go have a quick shower and off to bed

Love and Laughter everyone!

Katt
Old 10-29-2006, 06:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Confession Time.

Hello All,

What am I confessing about? I am confessing that in the last 4 days I have been like the Ammi of my pre diet days. How easy it was to slip back into the old routine of eating too much and just for the sake of it, not because I was hungry. I don't understand how I caved so easily. I mean I even tried to stay OP on my birthday and when I went to London, still trying to make good food choices when I could. This week I went out three times, twice to meet up with Sharon and once to take Caleigh to the Orthodontist. Each time I ate out, and each time I didn't care what I was eating. Then to make things worse, the old mentality came back that heck, if I had been bad with my food choices I may as well enjoy the slip and I bought alcohol and sweets, and nuts and just made a pig of myself I haven't been down, I have been seeing good losses on the scales regularly, so why did I go so crazy? I will be getting on the scales in the morning to see what damage I have done, I will take it on the chin, and then I will carry on with my diet. I have come to far to give in now. It just scares me how easily I could do just that though. So much for my lifestyle change

Anyway on a brighter note, I have a couple of photos to put on the picture page when I am done here. One is of Sharon and me just before we were going out for our meal. Somebody asked if it was just us two, no, there were 8 of us, Sharon, her hubby and two boys, and me, my hubby and two girls. We had a lovely time, and the boys wore themselves out nicely in the play area there The other photo is one I took of Sharon, she had been looking at the camera but something on the TV caught her eye and she looked away. I still think it's a lovely photo though.

Ok I am going now, believe it or not I woke up with a cold. BUT I am not going to use it as an excuse not to get back on track. I have had my diet holiday now it's time to get back to work

Katt - I am loving your posts as always, and especially like to read your positives for the day

Kayley - hey don't feel so down, at least you are trying to get the weight off, you haven't made a pig of yourself like I did this last week. Be proud that you are fighting that plateau, and know that the weight will have to start coming off again

Zelma - I watched that clip, thanks for putting the link. I couldn't help but get cross when I saw where they announced the winner of the competition, I kept thinking how they had treated you like dirt for the whole occasion, and for WHAT, the story got shown anyway!!!

Misti - glad to see the FFM is visiting you again now, about time too.

Patti - wow, the FFM is visiting you a LOT, do you think it's down to you cutting back on those Lean Cuisines? Whatever it is you are doing right, keep on doing it

To all the newbies that I haven't welcomed to all the people who have had losses and NSVs recently to those that are struggling or being naughty like I have been and to everybody I haven't replied to personally sorry I haven't been doing personals but between being sick, and then feeling slack because of turning into a pig I haven't felt much like posting. Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-29-2006, 07:49 AM   #6  

Ammi i think sometimes we all have to take a little break! dont feel bad! Kayley i was on one big long plateau myself i know how you feel but you mustnt give up!
Old 10-29-2006, 07:50 AM   #7  

Patti~Wow the FFM is loving you! That is wonderful! Are you doing anything different? Whatever you are doing is working just fine!

Misti~That is so great you have access to the pool. When we get back down to the lower 48 I may look into water aerobics. I forget just how much of a good work out one can get from just doing laps!

Melissa~sounds like you are doing a lot better! Keep at it and hang in there!

KATY~Thanks for sharing your pics! You and your hubby make a cute couple!
Yeah up here in Barrow,Alaska..there are not many jobs. So I am home a lot. Especiallly since its so cold. And he works 3 different shifts. It drives me nuts! I get thrown off my schedule every time! I will have to start making myself get on a normal schedule I guess...its so hard though! Congrats on your loss!!! Glad you are feeling more encouraged!

Lori~Sounds like you had fun at the party! I hear ya about the halloween candy. It seems like its EVERYWHERE! Also, I used to be so embarassed for my DH to see my weight. But he always made me feel so comfortable talking about my weight issues. So now he knows what I weigh and knows what size I am. I don't think its strange though that you wouldn't want your DH to know.

KATT~Yeah I hate getting off my sleeping schedule it just messes up the whole day! I know what you mean about chocholate! Its so hard to resist. But good for you doing Richard. You know I was looking into getting one of his DVDs. Which one do you do? Congrats on your NSV!!!

Ammi~Sorry you have had such a bad food week. I guess the main thing is that you realized that but you are ready to get back on track. You can do it! Thanks for posting the pics! You both look great! Hope you get rid of that cold!

KAYLEY~Sorry you have been stalled. I know that can be so discouraging. But you have done so well. Losing 60 pounds is great! Hang in there hun!

Well the time change for sure didn't help my schedule being off! I have been doing so horrible. I haven't been getting exercise in. And I have felt so miserable being on this schedule. I feel so run down and no energy. I hope today I can get back on a normal schedule and back to losing this weight! I feel like I have been trying but not trying hard enough. I need to get back in gear for sure! I see a lot of us are having a tough time in general...I hope things get better soon!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend! Take care!

Michelle
Old 10-29-2006, 08:39 AM   #8  

mechelle the only thing different i am doing is eating more vegetables and drinking less coke!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:08 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone! Hope you all remembered to set your clocks back!

Ammi, thanks so much for posting the pictures of you and Ammi! You both look great and you know what I noticed most? You both appear so vibrant and healthy!!! Results of all that healthful food and butt moving are showing big time!! And okay, now that you have confessed about falling off the wagon, just forget it and climb right back up here! I know I would do the same thing if I slipped at all... that would be "it" and I would be right back at my old habits! This is a HARD journey so don't beat yourself up over it; just get right back on this wagon right now, this minute, young lady!

Katt, sorry you sort of slid a bit on the wagon but you did NOT fall off! Read your post again from the standpoint of the "old" you and you will probably be amazed at what you consider "blowing it." Oh and you can be SURE I will post a picture of my awards when I get them! As of this morning I am only 23% of the way there though, but it really won't take long. And the neat part is there is a category for household tasks... light, moderate or heavy. LOL I already got a LOT of housecleaning done that I would otherwise have just left... like folding the towels and putting them away rather than leaving them piled on the couch for a week (which I counted as light). And I too am learning to exercise instead of eating when I feel stressed! At least afterward I feel positive rather than MORE discouraged! Yay for you feeling your ribs!!! Yippee! Last week when I was walking and stuck my hands in the back of my pants for a few minutes I had a shock... on my butt there was still fat but through it I could feel... yes!... bones!!! They still have some extra padding on them but they are down there... yes they are!

Kayley, sending you a huge Wow I can relate! It has been over 7 weeks for me now... I did finally drop two last week but they are back with three of their pals again this morning! Hang in there! I am so proud of you for not giving up even though I sure understand you FEEL like it! Besides, remember... if we give up we will gain BACK what we have already lost, and we sure don't want THAT!! Hopefully the FFM will visit us again soon.

Michelle, sorry you too are feeling the blahs over this stuff. Just hang in there! for you too! Prayers too!

Patti, good for you about cutting back on the Coke and chowing down on the veggies. I too have found that my body really does process them so much better than junkie stuff. you already know my opinion of the Lean Cuisines!

Well I am up even earlier than planned as I was thinking I was to set back the clocks tonight. Fortunately my computer clock had changed so I started questioning things.

Has anyone else on this thread joined the presidential challenge? I plan to win all three of them! Of course that is quite an ambitious goal since I am only at 23% of my way toward the first one. But won't it make a COOL wall display with the framed certificate surrounded by the medal and ribbon? A year ago, who would have thought "fat old me" would be in the running for this?

Have a super Sunday, everyone!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

katt--yea! ribs!!! what a great nsv!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:34 AM   #11  

Patti – I think I am so gutted about falling off the wagon because I really don’t understand why it happened. I am also worried about getting back on it and staying on it.

That’s great that you are seeing such a difference to your visits from the FFM now that you have cut out soda and are eating more vegetables. Good for you for making those changes and for getting success from it

Michelle – I forgot to say how much I loved the pics you posted. I have to say though that just looking at them made me shiver, boy it must have been cold. I don’t think I would be out having my photo taken, I would have been in bed cuddled up warm

Glad you liked the pics of me and Sharon. I am going to look at that photo of us together a LOT for two reasons. One – to remind myself how much weight I have lost but that I need to keep going, and Two – because Sharon has been giving me the jeans that she is now too small for and I want to get into them, right now I am too big for them, but I will get there. That photo is going to motivate me to keep on going!!

Thanks for hoping I get rid of my cold quickly. I hope I do too. Caleigh has a cold as well, she gave it to me. I want us both to be much better by Thursday as it’s Daren’s birthday then, and Caleigh’s birthday the next day. I want us all to be well for those occasions!

Sorry that you are feeling a bit blah, and I am guessing if you are like me you are feeling disappointed that you have lost a bit of the gumption to lose weight. I am sure we will both get it back. We just have to keep coming back here to remind ourselves that we can do it! Say it after me – WE….CAN….DO….IT!!!

Misti – nope I didn’t remember to turn the clocks back, it must have been all that booze I had It was nice to get up at 10 am and realise it was only 9 am so I didn’t have to feel so lazy

Thanks for your supportive comments about my fall from grace and how I can get back on track. I just feel like I have really let myself down. I have done so well since the end of April and then for no good reason I blew it. Oh well, like you said, I have to forget it and carry on

Oooh I don’t know anything about the presidential challenge, I think I will try to find it though so I can find out what it’s all about.

Bye for now all and thank you all so much for being here for me!

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-29-2006, 10:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Melissa – Good job with the exercise and avoiding the Chinese!! It can be hard to get back on track, but tell yourself you must! Maybe that will help?

Katy – Hanging the leash where you can see it is a good start. I know for me, exercising when upset is taking a while to evolve as a “primary response.” At first, I only thought about it later on in the process. Now it pops into my head earlier!

Our digital camera is in exactly the same place as yours, I’m SURE of it. Ours has been missing for months and we have searched everywhere we can think. I’m starting to be afraid we threw it away. Now that I’ve lost a lot of weight, I don’t shy away from the camera quite so much, so I really wish we could find it.

Kayley – Sweetie, you can’t give up on yourself that easily. As everyone is saying, you’ve lost 60 pounds which is WONDERFUL!!

I know you’re in a weight stall, but it sounds like you haven’t been able to be quite as active as you were earlier this year, right? How’s your eating been? If things are stressful right now, consider it a victory to maintain what you HAVE lost and come at it with renewed vigor in a few weeks when exams are over. Also, are there things you can do to clean up your eating now or work in a little more exercise? Maybe you could join us on the exercise thread again!! We miss you!! (just set small goals maybe??)

Katt – That is a great NSV!!! Watching my body go through so many changes in the past 15 months has been just incredible and very rewarding!!

Ammi I know how frustrating it is to go back to those old habits, but it’s only a few days and that will not gain back 90 pounds! Why did you do it? Certainly I don’t know, but you have had a number of stressors lately, combined with being away from home (right?)…

Misti said it already, but I will say more. You have made a commitment to this, so, what you do is get back on track! You had a fun few days and enjoyed yourself and now it’s time to recommit. I know you don’t want to go back to those old-Ammi ways permanently, so the feedbag comes off and (hopefully, if you can), the gazelle comes out! You confessed and owned up to it!

This IS a new lifestyle for you – a few days off is NOTHING!!!

Misti – I haven’t checked out the presidential challenge, but maybe I will… Sounds like you’re not giving up on the FFM.. WTG!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default WARNING: Hopefully motivational rant ahead!

I have something to say to everyone: THIS IS A LONG AND HARD JOURNEY!!!! When we start we are all excited and bright-eyed and our cups runneth over with motivation! But you know it’s hard and many people give up along the way. Motivation is fleeting, the real world sets in. Many people fail.

YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE ONE OF THEM. Remember the commitment you made to do this. Committing to it doesn’t mean you have to be perfect. And commitment doesn’t mean that if your plan doesn’t work for you that you can’t change it! Maybe you keep failing because you’re not eating enough, or because you continue to put your trigger foods in plain sight. Commit to A PROCESS, but be flexible if it stops working.

And sadly, commitment doesn’t mean life is going to stop while we are on this journey. We have to learn to do this for ourselves, despite all the challenges in our lives. Think about all the challenges people have reported here in the past number of months: family stresses, injuries for selves and family, illness, changes in jobs and homes… None of us are doing this in a perfect world. You know what? Good. If the world were perfect while we did this, we probably wouldn’t learn to make it work in our lives for the rest of our lives.

And then there are the daily stresses of our jobs and the presses from all the people around us who want and need something from us. Are you the kind of person who puts those other people first?? And does that cause you to go off plan? Look at it this way, when you put others before you, you may be making yourself less able to help those others in the long run. You become weaker (and perhaps fatter) with less energy and ultimately have less to give everyone else. You are IMPORTANT and deserve to put yourself FIRST.

Life is going to get in the way over and over again. I invite all of us to see these little “interventions” as challenges. When we can learn to get back on the horse after overcoming adversity we are that much stronger. The holidays are coming up. Food, family, and stressors galore. I say, “Bring it on!” I am going to handle it. And, if I don’t, I am going to get right back on again.

And then there’s the scale. We all focus on it and give it way too much power. How many of us want to give up when it doesn’t move (me!). You want to lose FAT, right? Scales measure everything in us: bone, muscle, water, and fat. It is an AWFUL tool to measure the thing we want. Let’s say you get on the scale and it goes up a pound. You could have lost a pound of fat and gained 2 pounds of water, but you’ll never know that from the number on the scale.

You know what? Don't eliminate the scale, but don't give it so much power-- look to other ways to measure your progress. Do you feel better? Can you do more? Do you have more energy? Are your clothes fitting better? Then you are doing something right.

Ask yourself this question: if the scale never moved again, but you became fitter, and stronger and less at risk of disease, would that be worth it enough to continue this lifestyle? If so, then try to place less emphasis on what this piss-poor tool says. (though, I have to say, I certainly celebrate when it goes down, like everyone else!). Give it less power over you!

I hope this came across as I intended – not to yell (thought I used a lot of CAPS…) but to maybe be a kick-in-the-butt. I am seeing lots of people here who seem agitated and losing hope. We have all been there, but this is too important to give up on.

HUGS to all.

Last edited by Heather; 10-29-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:57 AM   #14  

HEATHER - THANK YOU
Old 10-29-2006, 11:10 AM   #15  

Height: 5'8.5"

Okay Ammi... here is why you had best get back on this wagon! If you don't I am going to KEEP the FFM here IF she ever decides to show up again and NEVER send her back to you!

I posted a link to the presidential challenge but would have to look it up again for the 3FC one... but if you go to the exercise section there is a thread there.

I wanted to be at a certain weight goal before my trip to Florida and cruise the first of Feb. but with the FFM being so stingy I am not going to make it. Soooooo... I figured out that by the end of January if I work REALLY hard I can earn the silver medal... should be able to make bronze by end of November. Gold is impossible to get by then as it is over the maximum number of points allowed per day so maybe I can get the gold by my birthday the end of May!!

And Heather... nope, no way am I going to give up on that mean ole FFM showing up again! All is fair in love and war... and this is war! And once again you posted a super message. You are sooooooooooooo good at that and I can't begin to imagine how many people you have inspired to keep going!
Closed Thread