Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #31  

good morning everyone just wanted to say hello and to say my mood has much improved this morning!
Old 10-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #32  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

AMY, I can only say that I've felt that gaping hole in my heart. I just wish I could ease your grief. You truly had his best interests at heart, and you were NOT being selfish. You could never foresee what happened - even the vet couldn't! I'm glad that the life he had was filled with you and your love. I bet he's waiting on the far side of the rainbow bridge now, making faces at my dear Peter once in a while, just for fun. (A wise dog always knows that cats rule.)

MISTI, When you find that oil can, pass it around. Hey, can we FIRE the FFM and get somebody who will do the job? Or maybe just confine her to the UK since she's doing such a good job for AMMI? (AMMI, you didn't lock her up in a box beside your elliptical, did you??)

KATT
- I'd DEFINATELY call that an NSV!!! What could be cooler than discovering that exercise is getting more doable, and your body is functioning better?

SANDY - I understand how you feel, especially about the big ball with a head. I used ot where my hair pulled back on the sides, but then I saw pictures and realized that made my head look smaller and the rest of me even bigger. It can be overwhelming - for all of us - but there IS a road back. There IS a way to get control and get our weights back down. It isn't short, it isn't easy, and the FFM deserts us along the way sometimes - but IT IS POSSIBLE. You've got a start on it - Keep going!!!

JESS - It's great to have you here! I know RIGHT where Elgin is - I've stopped many times at the truckstops there in Hampshire. I agree with KATT, you look beautiful in that picture! It has to be a real challenge to get exercise in when your ankle gives you so much grief, but as the weight comes off, I bet the grief is reduced, too! I'm glad you're taking this adventure with us, and I'm rooting for ya!!!

NEWSNERD - Way cool on getting those tickets to the race! Have a great time! See? Isn't life fun... ya know, when it's not a pain in da butt?

PATTI, I'm glad to see things are picking up for you! Have a beautiful day!!!

LILION - I know you're here somewhere - I just noticed your eggyolk lit up a few minutes ago. That's happened a couple of times lately. Have a spooky good time with your boy - sounds like a fun day!!

As for me, I bombed out yesterday. I forgot to live by my own tag line - COMMITMENT to the PROCESS. (OK, it was WYLLENN's first.) I stayed on track, even low, on my cals, but totally blew off any exercise. I never even made it to the treadmill, and I let myself get depressed about my situation with Bill, which was compounded by him calling from the road so much... especially when "Loser" was on.

Today, no excuses. I better get started!
Old 10-12-2006, 03:23 PM   #33  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Okee .. good morning everyone .. finally went to sleep at about 3am .. oops ... oh well .. I will go back to bed for a few hours again soon .. I really need to get my sleeping pattern back on track again .. anyway .. got on the scales this morning and I actually did it!! Im down 3.2 pounds and in the 280s!! My hunny will be pleased .. lol .. I said to him last night if I dont hit the 280s this week he will have a miserable weekend when he comes home rofl.
So I have missed that plateau I was expecting to hit 3 months into my new regime ... and am averaging 10 pounds a month Im still targeting 5 pounds a month . but happy for the extra as Im sure it will be something I will look back on later when the scale gets stubborn.

So far my Friday the 13th is going great lol .. did anyone else notice that if you add all the numbers for todays day (13 10 2006) together .. it equals 13 Oooooh .. spooky possums!

Im getting into a quandry at the moment ... as much as I am enjoying the foods I eat .. I am finding I am getting less and less interested in eating anything ... Im not sure if its the heat (cos on the colder days I dont have such an issue .. just a little one for 3 meals lol) or if Im getting bored with food or cooking or what ... but yesterday was a struggle to get in enough calories (ended up getting in just over 1400) and I wasnt hungry either. Im back to not really wanting to eat breakfast .. but I force myself to have something (2 weetbix biscuits .. do you have them over where y'all are?) which have a slow energy release .. and then Im still not having my midmorning snack (not hungry at all), lunch time Im starting to get dithery about what to eat (I might start having those shakes as a meal replacement cos Im not having any probs with drinking now lol) and even dinner Im looking at food at 7pm (suns up longer so I dont think about dinner until after 6 at the earliest now lol) and thinking do I really want to eat it or am I eating it because its a meal time ... but then I find something to eat cos I know if I dont I will go into that starvation mode and my body wont let anything go ... I was thinking about it a lot last night .. and its usually this 3 month point I give up .. so that has made me even more determined to stick to it ... darned if I cant get this under control when I quit smoking cold turkey almost 5 years ago now .... cant see how in 5 year I have less self control than then lol.

Anyway ... hope everyone else is going to have a good start to their day .. remember this is a life journey and regardless of how hectic your life is .. please take time to stop and smell the roses .. its not a dress rehearsal for life .. its a prime performance and you dont want to miss anything

Huggies everyone!!
Old 10-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #34  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

STOP DONT POST HERE!!

JOIN US ON THE NEW #1032!!

Old 10-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #35  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Kind of a downer post, feel free to skip

Ok, am I the only one that just noticed that this smilie turns from a smiley face to a bat?? Go Amy...real quick on the uptake there...

I am...ok. I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck and someone forgot to tell me until today. My muscles ache, I have a headache, and I'm just mentally and physically exausted.

For those of you who are new or dont remember me mentioning this before, I struggle with a lot of loneliness and isolation. I live alone, I am in a long distance relationship and I dont have many friends. The only reason I mention all this is because I'm sure some people must think it kind of foolish to be so upset over a cat. But that cat was my source of comfort and companionship when no one else was there, which was much of the time. He was so sweet and loving. He was very talkative, especially when I got home from work. He would meow and meow at me... Now its just quiet.

I am finding so many things that I would do because/for him that I dont do now. Like making sure the toilet seat is down so he wouldnt drink out of it or keeping my bedroom door closed so he couldnt pee on my bed just in case he developed another bladder infection. These things sound really dumb, but I got home last night and went into my room to change my clothes and closed the door. Then I realized it didnt matter anymore. I just didnt matter.

I cleaned up his water fountain and am going to try to sell it at the yard sale. I bought on eBay for $30 only like a month ago as a last-ditch effort to stop all the bladder infections he was having (it circulates and filters the water, encouraging them to drink more, etc). I just replaced the filter on it the day before yesterday. I am also going to put his little placemat in the "free" bin (its scratched up so not worth selling but still pretty cute) and the leftover litter I guess I will give to my sister. I still have about 1/2 bag of prescription food left over so I am going to give that to my bro and sis in law because they buy that for thier cats. I am keeping his food dish as a memento. Its white ceramic and says "Paris-L.A." etc around the rim. He was so fancy.

Anyway, I got a lot of stuff done for the yard sale last night. I cleaned out all the CDs, movies, and books I dont use anymore and am going to sell those, too. I found a lot of stuff I was "keeping just to keep" and I'm getting rid of all of that. I hope it goes well. I may place an ad in the newspaper to get people there, who knows. At least its keeping me busy.

I called the place I applied for the apt at and they said the only things they need are to verify my current employment and my status in Mary Kay. Apparently they heard on my voice mail that I am a MK consultant. I am getting out of it so it doesnt matter now and I tried to tell them that, but they still wanted to talk to someone to verify I am still an active consultant. Not sure who they are going to contact since we are all independent and I dont have a "boss" per se, but I gave them my unit leader's email (I havent done anything on my MK in so long I dont even have her ph # anymore) so hopefully that will be ok. The apts are considered "affordable housing" i.e. they have an income cap to live there, so I hope me being a MK consultant wont put me over the limit or anything. I have barely made any profit off my MK since I started. I have been selling most things at cost so I can at least recoup my investment. I'm just worried about what my unit leader will tell them and if it will hurt me getting the apt. I gave my notice at work today and have already given notice at my apt--what am I supposed to do if I have no where to move to????

Anyway, My sister-in-law sent me this poem. I thought it was pretty touching:

Yours Was the Cat of Cats

You won't be able to read this
Even though it contains a kiss
For your cheek, my dears
To help dry some of your tears,

But your cat was truly one
Masterful son of a gun
A cat among cats of power
and of stature by the hour

He wasn't one to back off
Or never one to scoff