Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#1003

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #2  

Sharon - isn't it amazing how long it can take to cut the grass etc. Jolly good exercise though and I bet you will have burned of loads of calories off. Next time you get on the scales I am sure you will see a good loss.

Glad that your eye didn't turn out to be too bad. Good for you for being able to cover the little bruise with make up when you wear your contacts. Even better that you can cover spots too. I am useless when it comes to make up, comes from having a mum who never wore it. I never had anybody to teach me how to wear it, especially foundation and the such. So I just don't bother. I have attempted to cover spots though, but they just look even more prominent Ridiculous isn't it, 38 and still getting spots

Nessa - good for you for jumping in. I don't like to tell people I am dieting, well not unless they are friends and family. In fact there is one friend in Australia that I haven't told, and have no intentions of telling until I am at my goal. She has known me all my life nearly and has heard me say so many times that I am starting a diet, then she sees it fail. This time I want to say to her, I'm on a diet, then when she says her usual 'for now' I can say well actually, I already have dieted and I can send her a photo of the new me. I am really looking forward to that day

Misti - going to the gym at 5 am, you deserve a medal, I don't want to even drag myself out of bed at such an ungodly time

That's brilliant that you are going to be meeting up with somebody from 3FC. I hope you will have a wonderful time. Hope you will come back here and tell us all about it

Ayanna - any help you need with posting photos just ask.

Have you heard from you sister today, how is she doing? I am sure you can't wait to visit with her and help her as much as you can.

Kimberly - I am sorry to hear that you had a gain on the scales. I agree with Nessa that most of it must be water weight. So don't feel to upset about it. It sounds like you are more than ready to make a huge effort to stay on track now, that's what counts.

Newsnerd - it's nice to know there are a few of us here that are in larger sizes than what they maybe should be for their weight. It all comes down to body shape I guess, and of course how much muscle compared to fat we all have, not to mention our different heights etc. That's funny how you and I both think we need to be 100 lbs to get into a size 12 I don't know about you, but I don't actually want to be a size 12. A UK 14 would be perfect for me

We have something else in common too, husbands that can get too engrossed in games. I had to laugh when you said yours was having a lie in after being on Guild Wars for so long. My hubby has played that and enjoyed it, but he is addicted to Everquest online. He often has to have a lie in because of being up so late on it

Heather - that's exciting about the scale victory, I can't wait to hear what you weigh on your own scales!! 188 here you come (or less)

Nelie - that is awesome that you think you will be 265 or even less when you weigh on your official scale. You are doing so brilliantly, it feels good doesn't it

Lilion and Valerie and anybody else who is wondering I think you call mince ground beef, so that makes Quorn a vegetarian substitute for ground beef. Tastes nothing like it, has a totally different texture, but is still delicious. Bolognese perhaps is what you call spaghetti sauce. You make it with onions, mushrooms, garlic, and canned or fresh tomatoes. You just add your meat or quorn to it, then when it's all cooked you pour it on your spaghetti or pasta. Hope that helps

Lilion - What kind of restaurant is Applebees? It sounds great that they do a WW menu. I am sure if we had a place over here that caters to the dieter it would do a roaring trade. If I had the money I would set it up myself Glad you had a nice time with your friend.

Valerie - good for you for saying no to the pancakes, they smell nearly as delicious as bacon when it's cooking!

Patti - how are you doing today, is the neck ok, what about your headaches? I can't wait til you weigh on Friday and you get down past 299, I know it's going to happen!!! I weigh tomorrow, I hope my London eating doesn't catch up with me

Tammy - wow 33 tops that you are now too small for, I don't think I have ever even owned 33 tops. I would love a full wardrobe like that. Well like yours was sounds to me like you need to make a shopping trip soon. Mind you that clothes swap site sounds fabulous. What a great idea! I hope you get a lot of clothes that fit your new smaller size

Congrats on the pound lost, that's great news!

Sorry about your mum having problems some times with your brother. I know it must be so difficult when he doesn't take his meds. I kind of wish my brother had meds or something to sort him out, he is just so selfish and violent. Imagine mum begging him to leave and him outright refusing. He's a horrible bully I hope I hear from the police tomorrow.

Annie - I am not sure if you will read posts after you get back online, but just so you know you are missed I thought I would say HI and hurry up back

Well I better make a move now, another good film to watch tonight, this time it's called Darkness!! Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-10-2006, 06:12 PM   #3  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hey guys. Just checking in. I'm definately buzzing on medication *L* I am up in our games room playing Kingdom Hearts 2 and I think I am about 5 minutes away from beating the entire thing.... YEAH! Thought I would let the dog out and have a cereal break.

I'll check in later on...
Brenda
Old 09-10-2006, 06:21 PM   #4  

Ammi i am doing ok today... not a very good weekend eating choices sat, but i will just get right back on the wagon... neck is a little stiff today but headaches are gone. i am sure you will be fine on the scales .. you always are!
Old 09-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #5  

Brenda - how long has it taken you to nearly complete the game? Daren normally spends so much time on games that he can complete them in a day or two depending on what the game is. That's why online games like Everquest are the best for him, they are just ongoing, well worth the money.

Hope you will be feeling better soon

Patti - I am glad that your headaches have gone now. Just wish your neck would improve too. Sorry you made some bad food choices this weekend, but excellent attitude, forget about it and move on Hope you're right about the scales, I know one day I will get on them and won't see a loss. Maybe tomorrow will be the day

Am going to sleep now, so take care all, and bye until tomorrow,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #6  
Big Phat Mama

S/C/G: 353/330/160

Height: 5 10

Default Hi yall

Ive been gone forever it seems. Ive been having personal issues (health marriage and miscarriage Sept 6th) so havent felt like being online much...But im restarting again tomorrow. So cant wait to start getting to know everyone again...
Old 09-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #7  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Welcome back Robwen. Sorry to hear of your troubles!

Ammi~ This one took me 57.5 hrs. Its done now and I completed most of the stuff that wasnt "necessary" so I went pretty deep into it. I am starting Final Fantasy X (I think thats what it is *L* There are so many!) Its the one where the girls kick butt!!! Steve didnt like it very much but I think I might. I will try it anyways!!

Well, I am starting to feel a little better although I did some comfort eating today. Only had a few chips but had mini meals all day... cereal, blueberry muffin, a waffle, more cereal, soup broth.... you get the picture... I don't think I went over my calories though I am sure my sodium intake was up there... Having a piece of toast now with peanut butter. Hopefully that will get me through the rest of the night. Its hard when I am sick cause I can't taste anything by boogers.

Talk to you all tomorrow~
Brenda
Old 09-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #8  

Hello all. Just a very quick post, I need to be doing some office work. Yep. On Sunday night! Yuck!

Ammi - Applebee's calls themselves a neighborhood grill and bar, but they are a national chain. Food there is terrific and they have a small WW menu, which is really nice, several entrees a couple of appetizers and salads and a dessert, all listed with points. Very nice to have a place you can go that you don't have to think about the points on, you can just order!

Robwen - I'm so very sorry for your loss and your other troubles as well. Welcome back to us and I hope that things look up for you quickly!

Brenda and Patti - Glad you are both feeling better!

Well, I've somehow only gotten down 19 points of my 28 today. I keep thinking I could have one heck of a nice dessert with those 9 points. But I think I won't. Not that I may not have something else later to snack on, but right now I'm fine, so I'm not goint to. I could use a low point day now and then after all!

Back to work...yuck!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Is there a reason that new threads are started? is it a site rule?
Old 09-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Robwen, so sorry to hear of your loss. I am saying a special prayer for you!

Hope everyone had a good Sunday.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #11  

Thumbs down Why do people SAY this???

Why oh why do so many people feel they can just freely spout out comments about my big boobs?

Today I went to Chico's just looking around since my friend promised to buy me something there when I can wear it. The clerk helping me encouraged me to try on a button front blouse which was of course way too small in meeting across the front. She said "You have really large breasts." This is the SECOND person who has made this type of comment to me just this week. I wanted to say "Well YOU have a bit of a butt on you too!" But I didn't. Now... people would not normally comment on someone's boobs if they were little tiny things... why do they feel so free to tell me how big mine are?

ESPECIALLY frustrating since I have gotten RID of so much of them. Today I wore the 42 DDD bra I bought a couple weeks ago and it pretty much fits with not much poofing out at all. I realize that is large but not any moreso than a lot of other women.

Also.... LOL I went to Catherine's to try to buy another bra like it... finally found one soooooo comfortable and well fitting. Well they had ONE and it was on hold for someone. The others are all too BIG for me... sheesh! When I WORE those bigger sizes there was never anything decent. They said I could order one online but when I searched their site and googled I can't find it. Frustrating!!! RANT RANT RANT

So if they are so BIG how come the plus size store doesn't carry that band size in the DDD but only BIGGER ones? Arrrrghhhhh. Oh well at least I am SO glad I can't WEAR them any longer!

There! Now I feel better.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:47 PM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Misti I hear you. I was 48DDD at my heaviest. now my bras are getting big so I would guess I'm about a 44DD....

I've had good success with bras at Lane Bryant if that helps. or a good foundation shop can and will fit you for a minimizer... makes a huge difference. NOT cheap if you go that way but then they customize the bra for you with darts etc.... and it will fit perfectly.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
Misti I hear you. I was 48DDD at my heaviest. now my bras are getting big so I would guess I'm about a 44DD....

I've had good success with bras at Lane Bryant if that helps. or a good foundation shop can and will fit you for a minimizer... makes a huge difference. NOT cheap if you go that way but then they customize the bra for you with darts etc.... and it will fit perfectly.
Thanks Nessa! I know what you mean about the 48DDD! Same here. I couldn't carry those things around any more and decided to get serious and get the weight off!

I don't want to spend a lot of $$$ on bras as I am going down so quickly. I don't plan to stay this size very long!!!! I can't wait to get into a DD... lucky you!!! But I am starting to realize that as I go down in size there will actually begin to be more selection. I am making progress as usually I have to get too big band size and sew up the sides... THIS one the cups and band size are pretty close to fitting me with not a whole lot poofing out LOL.

The one I wore today I bought two weeks ago and it was still too small... the last one a size up I only wore for a few weeks; so I am just going to get by with what I have for now.

I thought about emailing Catherine's site and try to get one... but then thought maybe I am just wasting my $$$ as by the time I get it, it may be too big again... always the optimist!!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:27 PM   #14  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Okee ... just a couple of personals while my memory has them in there lol ...

ZELMA - Definitey the first outfit ... you look fantastic in all of them ,.. but as a smart casual definitely the first ... if you havent any other plans for those lovely new jeans tho (like later in the event as it were) then I would wear those with that top in option 1. I just went back and had another look at your before and after .. and just WOW!! Would never have thought that was the same person honestly! Youre an inspiration!

KENYA - Congrats hun!! What an achievement!! 100lbs!!! in One year!! Wow ... You definitely deserve to be proud of yourself sweets! Boogie time!!

SHARON - Ouchy eye!! Glad it wasnt worse than it could have been .. I suppose that is a positive isnt it? Great job on the outdoor activity . Im not allowed to use lawnmowers ... I have broken every one I have used (ooops!) so now I am banned from garden machinery ... if it has a motor Im not allowed to touch it rofl.

NESSA - Glad to you see you jumping in hun ... always nice to see another face on the boards (nice to see the older ones too .. not old .. but .. well you know what I mean!). I dont call it a diet either ... its a lifestyle change not sure if anyone else has answered you since I started typing this but its so that the pages load fast ... usually after somewhere between 30-40 posts ... hope that helps

MISTI - Gym visits so early in the morning should be banned rofl .. gawd woman .. talk about dedicated! The only reason I would get up at 5 is to either visit the loo or let the dogs out ... definitely medal material for you! WTG! I know what you mean about the boob issues! Seems that when you have something that sticks out noticeably at the front its open territory for comments lol .... my least fave is "oh .. you are large up top arent you" well duh! like that is a news flash?? What you think they are invisible when I dare to glance at a reflection or wonder what my feet look like?? When I worked in bars I hated that the ppl would talk to the boobs more than me .. I swear they were waiting for them to answer rofl ...

KIMBERLY - Sorry hun about your oops weigh in ... and just think of it as that .. I had one of those weeks a couple of weeks ago .. but Im back down to my ticker weight again this week so dont fret too much .,,, I just dug my heels in and got as much extra exercise as I could in You'll do it

WEIGHT vs SIZE watchers - Im not sure about whether Im the usual size or larger or smaller really?? Maybe Im not reading the right info rofl .. Im about a 24 bottoms and the top is definitely a 26 cos the boobs still aint going down as fast as the rest rofl ... I might be getting smaller than the 24 bottoms now tho ... they are getting a little baggie really ... and in all honesty .. I dont wear fitting clothes anyway .. everything I own is baggy lol .. so lord knows what my real size is I suppose lol ..

HEATHER - WTG hun!! Im gonna be ogling your ticker for sure

NELIE - Thats fantastic ... boy the weigh ins this week are gonna be buzzin I reckon!

VALERIE - Good for you on saying no to the pancakes!! I have one of those little pancake factories and we have the pancake mixes so I make up just enough to make 2 of these pancakes (they are about 4" in diameter) as a treat occasionally ... esp when I have been such a good girl with other things around me (like the bacon my dad cooked when he was here .. OMG!!! droool and Im sure just sniffing it I put on a pound rofl). So very well done!

PATTI - Good luck hun on getting to TwoTown properly this week .. .Im gonna cross fingers I get to go there too! huggies Glad the headaches have gone ... do you know what caused the neck pain (or have I missed that?)

TAMMY - WTG on your weight loss and the clothes that are too big ... wish we had one of those clothes swap sites over here too! Hopefully things calm down in your family and takes away that unnecessary stress Im sure you and your family are feeling. Good Luck!

ROBWEN - Welcome back .. sorry to hear about what has happened in your life .. terrible (Hugs) ... its great to see you taking control of your life tho and going forward on the road of your new lifestyle

BRENDA - Great work on your gaming .. and comfort eating is like a tide I think .. at least to me anyway .. it comes and goes ... and when its gone I just work harder to cover me on those times when the comfort/emotional eating tides come in again lol .. youve done fantastic already hun so you know what you can do

Hi and huggies to everyone ,... Im not feeling very good today .. think I am picking up what the kids had this weekend (not sure if its glandular fever or not yet .. better not be .... I need my energy for the exercises I have started putting into my day .. hopefully its just a 24 hour bug )

Well my goal this week is to hit TwoTown .. so will be doing what I can to achieve that ... and get into there enough that I wont keep playing with a foot in ThreeTown rofl ..

I have to find where Scoot put the camera with the pic of my new hair (didnt look quite the same as when it was first done as we were out in the wind all day rofl) and the pic I had drawn ... will post them when I find out where his camera is rofl ...

Have an op day all .. boy and this was supposed to be a short post too! HUGGIES
Old 09-10-2006, 09:33 PM   #15  

LOL thanks for the laugh Nightkatt! And wowsers yes you ARE about to hit TwoTown! How exciting!!!

When someone comments about how large I am on top I want to say well yah and YOU are large down bottom. Except my Mommie taught me better manners!

And I would MUCH rather get up early and stay up late... LOL if I had my choice the only sleep I got would be in the afternoons.
Closed Thread