Old 07-14-2006, 10:38 AM   #1  
Registered loser... :)

S/C/G: 420/397.4/375

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Smile Hi, I'm new here!

I have a friend who has been trying to get me to sign up for these forums forever. I finally decided to listen to her!

I just rejoined Weight Watchers for the millionth time three weeks ago... so far, so good! -22.6 pounds!

I don't believe I've ever had 23 consecutive days of being 100% within my points in any previous attempt on Weight Watchers. I always used to give myself a "free day" - but I don't need it anymore. Or, at least, I haven't needed it.

I feel really satisfied and happy... I eat what I like and it's just working for me better this time than any previous time.

I'm hoping the feeling sticks... but I've thought I had that "lightbulb" moment in the past, so I'm just trying to take this one day at a time (I'm the daughter of a 12 stepper - and while it's not for me, that part of the philosophy has some real value).

Well, that's all... just wanted to say hi !
julietjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:02 AM   #2  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hello and Welcome!
I hope you find all the support you need here at 3FC. Everyone brings their own experiences and knowledge and are only too willing to share

Join us over at the 300+ numbered threads!

Brenda
going to lose 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

Default hello

hey there! Congrats on your weight loss! 22 pounds in 3 weeks is awesome! I joined WW 3 weeks ago aswell, i lost 16 pounds so far. I'm getting weighed today, ahhh! Where are you from?
angiepants78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:45 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Juliet!

Welcome to the 300+ area! We're glad to have you joining us. Please check out the "sticky" thread above marked for "NEWBIES". It has some tips for navigating in our area.

CONGRATS on the great start to your weightloss journey and your consisitency! WooHoo for you!!!

Please come join one of the discussion threads. We'd love to get to know you better.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

HI!!! I am that friend, woohoo, and I am glad that you finally joined us here. Don't forget to come over to the daily thread, it's all happening over there. You watch, with the support you get here you are going to lose the weight in double time

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #6  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Hello ... Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing great!
rkrs6673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:37 PM   #7  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Juliet, you and Angie are having some AWESOME success in your first few weeks of WW! Please stay with us! Find a thread you can relate to, and stick with it! You're certainly among friends, we understand the challanges, celebrate the goals, have info and ideas to share, plus we enjoy sharing the sideline events of life and WHAT A CHEERING SECTION!!! I hope that lightbulb of yours never goes out, but if it does, we'll help you put a new bulb in!!!

....Which leads to the question, "How many Fat Chicks does it take to screw in a lightbulb?" Well, how ever many it takes, you found 'em here!

Sometimes the threads move really fast and we know it's not always possible to keep up. I, for instance, am out of town a lot and lose track of things. Everybody understands, and you just post as much as you feel comfortable with, whether it's a line or a book, we're glad to see ya popping in!!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:49 PM   #8  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Juliet - Welcome!!! You are doing so great already, but you can never have too much support!
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:15 AM   #9  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Welcome to the group, nice to meet you!!

You guys are doing really great on the WW plan, that's awesome!

I know what you mean about thinking in the past you had lightbulb moments. I have had a lot of them myself. Seems though once I lose a bunch of weight the lights get dimmer and I need a NEW lightbulb. That's what MY problem is, at least! THIS time I really hope I don't do that!!

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Juliet, and welcome!!! Good job on the weight loss!

And Ammi... ya thanks for bringing Juliet into the group!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Misti - I think all the times I told Juliet about how wonderful and supportive everybody is here and how I know that you all have helped me stick to this diet, well it must have sunk in, and I am so glad that she has joined us

Got my pedometer, loving it, but how on Earth if you don't work or go out daily are you supposed to get in 10,000 steps a day!!!

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Ammi... yes I agree completely about 3FC... I honestly don't think I would have been able to keep this up even for this long without all of you!

And LOL about the pedometer! I felt the same about the 10,000 steps when I started but now I generally get a lot more than that. BUT I do go out pretty much every day on my breaks and lunch. I have always hated having an hour for lunch... such a waste... but now I am kind of glad as that is my walking time!! Also I get in a lot of steps running around on my job.

But hey even if you don't get the 10,000 in... it is fun to keep track of what yo DO get. I CAN'T do much other exercise on my lunch hour so it just kind of works out that I get a lot. But now that I am doing other stuff... esp. water aerobics... I get a lot fewer steps on weekends. So just keep combining it with other exercise too and don't feel guilty when you don't get in 10,000 steps!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307.4/267.2/200

Height: 5'7

congrats on your weight loss!!! keep up the good work!!
nicole79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Juliet~~

We always like new people here. You're doing a great job on your diet--down 22 lbs. in 3 weeks is excellent. Don't get bummed if it slows down--as long as those pesky numbers move down they're going in the right direction. And if they don't there could be other things going on that we can figure out for you. The trick is to keep coming. Well, I hope to see you around more.

Vicki
dolfingirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Any friend of Ammi's is welcome here! WELCOME!

Then again, anyone who isn't a friend is welcome too! WELCOME!

Ammi -- glad you're loving your pedo!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote