Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Well I had a nice long sleep in bed, a long session of feeling sorry for myself, and then I got up, got dressed, and cleaned the house. I AM NOT going to let those scales beat me. I will carry on dieting, and exercising and you know what, I might even start to weigh weekly. weighing monthly hasn't helped me at all.

Valerie - yes salsasize is fun, good job too or I would be even more miffed about not showing a loss on the scales. Thank you for trying to help me figure out why I haven't lost. I had home made tuna pasta bake for tea last night, not particulary salty and definitely not a shop bought sodium riddled meal. I weigh at the same time, on the same scales, in the same spot, wearing the same clothes. I drink at least 8 pints of water a day because with my ostomy I am thirsty all the time. So I really don't know what's up.

Thank you so much for reminding me about Biggest Loser, I mean if that guy (I did see that episode) lost nothing after eating right and spending hours in the gym then it does just go to show that the body does fluctuate thanks to fluids, or muscle gain, or salt intake etc. Was the guys name Matt, is he the one that wins? We are mid that series now?

Blondie - thank you for your kind words and the lovely email you sent. I am trying to convince myself that I should have seen a gain and might do if I was to step on the scales tomorrow lol. Don't worry, I am not giving up, not at all. This girl will not be beaten by the scales this time around.

Sharon - it's funny but I was hoping for a miracle of an 8 lbs loss, but expected about 3 or 4 lbs. It was quite a shock to see no change at all. I had to get on those scales 3 times just to be sure I am hoping that next time I weigh I will see a good loss, if not I might just throw the scales out the window, they have to be faulty!!

Jill - I bow to your superiority when it comes to the dreaded scales They can still be cruel whenever you weigh. SO I have decided I am going to weigh weekly, and if god forbid I do see a gain and it's undeserved, then I will just remember that if I didn't earn it then it isn't fat and I will try not to let it worry me too much. If I still am not seeing a good loss I am going to go back to my doctor and see if I can change my antidepressants. I was reading the side effects leaflet today and the most common one is increased appetite and weight gain!!

Tasha - yep I have decided not to wait a month to weigh again, it's going to be weekly from now on.

How are you feeling, I noticed on a post on the last thread you thought that you might actually have stopped bleeding now. Fingers crossed!!

Wyllen - you said it, or as Crock would say Amen sister Those scales are evil, definitely they are. Still I will weigh more often now, but I will also measure myself. I keep saying I will do it, but with the chances of weight gain showing when I weigh more often I think I need to have measurements to go by too. So tonight the tape measure is coming out of hiding

Crock - well done on losing another 2 lbs, that SB diet really is working well for you.

Thanks for the advice on drinking water. I normally drink 8 pints plus, but that's cordial, so today I am drinking cordial and alternately I am drinking glasses of plain water. The cordial is sugar free, but I still want to be careful.

Lilion - thank you for your kind words, and you are right, no matter what that scales says I am getting healthier. When I walked to the shop on Saturday there is a steep hill and since the last time I walked it I noticed it was quite a bit easier on my legs and I wasn't so out of breath when I got to the top either. So if I haven't lost lbs I have definitely gained some fitness.

I wouldn't have minded so much if this was a plateau months into a diet, but it's only my third month, and I expected to see a loss each month for a while.

I hope you will break your plateau soon and that you see a nice loss next time you weigh.

Future Diva - nice to see you back. You will have to tell us about your trip to Morrocco, do you have photos?

Garnetfairy - of course I don't mind you asking me how I met Daren. I love to tell the story lol. We met on the Internet via a dating site. I had my name and profile on a couple of sites, but got jaded by the men that had contacted me before Daren, they all ran a mile when they found out I was fat, or they just wanted cyber sex which I wasn't going to do. So I took my profile off the various sites. Just before I did that though, Daren had been sent my details, the site matches you with people they think meet your search criteria, and he wrote to me. We chatted on MSN, emailed, and spoke on the phone for a month before we met up for real, and 3 weeks later he moved in with me. He really is my soul mate

Amber - the scales will always be a subject that mystifies me. I didn't lose weight even though I have been a WW angel, and you are going down clothes sizes although you have gained some weight. It's crazy. I think with you perhaps you are gaining muscle and that weighs more than fat. I will be happy when I can see the weight coming off then I really won't care too much what the scales say.

Nancy - yes I can see the attraction of having every single song you own on your ipod and having them at the touch of a button. It could definitely be worth the time it takes to do it. How much have you got on there now?

Julee - I am going to go check out that site now if I can find it, I am dying to see your dress. What a bargain you got too, it makes it even better

Ok I better get this posted and go make tea. Thank you all for your support and kind words after my terrible weigh in. I am staying strong thanks in a big part to all of you

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #17  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Wow – I just need to vent right now. Hopefully I can get back later and respond to everyone.

I just got back from a very long doctor appointment, which was a consultation about the fibroid that I need removed. As it turns out, the fibroid is large enough (8cm – the size of a large orange) that this doctor doesn’t think it will be able to be removed with a myomectomy (going in through the cervix = no surgery incisions). She thinks I will either need a surgery to remove the fibroid or I will need a hysterectomy. In order to determine this, she needs to run a special test, which is a type of hydro sonogram. Because of other tests they need first and the point during my cycle it needs to be done, I can’t have this test until the middle of April. I am pretty upset about the whole idea of it. I don’t even want to think about the hysterectomy, because I haven’t made the child decision yet, and I really don’t want someone or something else to make that choice for me. Either way though, it is a hospital stay, a week or two of not being able to drive and 6 weeks of recuperation in which I probably couldn’t do much exercise. It is so depressing I just want to cry. Instead I am going to call it a half day at work and go workout at the gym. Hopefully I can workout the frustration and fear and be able to approach this with a clearer head.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #18  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Nancy:

I am totally impressed that you are going to go to the gym to try to clear your head during stress...SO NOT my reflex. I'll be thinking of you and hope that everything turns out for the best.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #19  

Nancy - that is such dreadful news, surgery, especially the possibility of a hysterectomy is horrible, but if you try to think positively the sooner you have the surgery the sooner you can get better and focus on losing weight and exercising again? Cold comfort I know, but it's the best I can do, sorry. Could they have removed the fibroid without surgery if they hadn't let it get so big?

I hope the work out at the gym will have helped you work off some of your anger and frustration. Good on you for not using it as a reason to pig out. Though if you did, it would be understandable! Take care

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-06-2006, 08:18 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Ammi - I'm so sorry that your weigh-in wasn't good, but I think it's a better idea to going to once a week weigh-ins! And I'm sure you are just building lots and lots of muscle from all that salsa dancing!!!!

Nancy - I am so sorry to hear this news, and I really have no words of wisdom or anything...I'm not very good with things like this, but just keep your chin up, and I hope that the hysterectomy isn't necessary, and they are able to remove the fibroid another way. You'll be in my thoughts, hun.

It's been another looooong day. Got up, and took my car to get the tires on, and new spark plugs, and everything. When they FINALLY got it done, they told me that two more things need to be done to it, so there's another couple hundred bucks I can't afford! When I get my tax refund, I'll have to have everything else done to it that needs to be done, I suppose. I signed up for my spring class today, and decided just to go with one, since I did SIX this semester. I'm just going to do Advanced Spreadsheets, since I did Intro to Spreadsheets this semester. Going to take the summer off, and go whole hog in the fall and winter again. I've been in the computer lab for the past 2 hours, catching up on work I should have done about a month ago...oops. But I'm nearing the end, and I just had to take a break! I'm going to head home here soon...well, when the lab closes at 9pm, and then hopefully work out a bit before I crash for the night. If I don't get a chance to come back on here, I hope you chicks have a great rest of your night!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:49 PM   #21  
Amber

S/C/G: 293/277/140

Nancy--Thank you for the link to that thread...that helped a lot, I only wish I had read it before I ordered these DVDs LOL

I am so sorry to hear about the upsetting news you got from the dr today. My heart goes out to you and my prayers.

Garenetfairy--No, I don't weigh nude, with a brother, a dad, and two little girls in the house I'm only nude in the shower and in bed LOL, but I generally weigh in the same thing, and there was no difference yesterday. However, I am beginning to think it's just my scales that are whacked, because I got on them first thing this morning and I lost over 11 pounds overnight....ummm I don't think so......

Ammi--Thank you for the boost of confidence. I'm glad you are feeling better as well...
________
As for me....I had a good day....I haven't worked out yet, my cousins wife is over on my gazelle at the moment...we are just visiting and exercising, so that's fun.
I got an excellent worout in last night (during the oscar's....which there was a slight pause when Reese Witherspoon won for best actress where I jumped off the gazelle and went running through the house "she won it!!! She won it!!!! But I figure running through the house counts as cardio, so.....) I got in 53 mins with intervals of really strong intensity and a moderate insensity. It was the hardest I've worked on it yet.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #22  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I am definitely feeling better now. If this doctor says I need a hysterectomy, I will get a second opinion. Hopefully she won’t, but I’ll just have to wait until I can have that test done in April. Until then, I am going to try not to stress about it. There is no point in wasting tons of emotional energy on something I can’t do anything about! And it isn’t like it is cancerous or anything, so I don’t need to make any quick decisions. They might have been able to get it out more easily when it was smaller, but they only found it recently during my last annual exam. The other thing is that I have a vacation scheduled in the middle of May, so I don’t think I want to have it before then (especially if I will need 6 weeks of recuperation time). So I’ll just have to live with it for awhile longer – oh well.

It felt good to use my energy at the gym rather than drowning my sorrows in a pint of Ben and Jerry’s (my old self medication of choice). I put the intensity up to 2.5, which is high for me right now, and walked for 35 minutes straight at that level – something I haven’t been able to do before. I also got a haircut and got some new shampoo – a few little things to make me feel better.

Ammi – That sucks about your weigh-in, but that is so cool that you aren’t letting it get you down. If you keep at it the weight will definitely come off.

Julee – Your dress looks lovely! I wish the picture showed a full length view too, but it is just so elegant – you will be stunning!

Kayley – Let me know if you need any help with that spreadsheet class. I LOVE Excel and can do a lot of advanced stuff. You wouldn’t believe how much that will help once you get a job in an office.

Well, I am exhausted and am ready to get some sleep. Good night everyone.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:43 PM   #23  
determined to lose

Nancy - I had not thought of that, maybe you are right. I know I am around a lot more mirrors now (gym) and I think that makes me feel very fat as well. of course, I am very fat so it makes sense. Just harder to ignore.

Oh Val - urinals indeed.

OH AMMI - I am so sympathize with you! My Februrary zero really ticked me off but I was not 100% on my plan most of the month and you were. That really sucks! I feel for you, lady.

That is so sweet about you and Daren. I have often thought about putting up an ad but I have never paid for a membership anywhere. My life is so complicated, though, there really isnt room for a partner, I guess.

Voodoo- Congrats on your weight loss, that is awesome. Break a pound or two off for me and Ammi...well Ammi anyway, she deserves it.

Kayley- I tried and I can get about 2 or 2 and a half inches away from my toes but I cannot touch them in that position. I can; however, put my foot on my chest (with the help of my hands of course).
Glad you are becoming a scientist, they have lots of fun.

Wyllenn - I like the way you talk woman! Down with scales!!Down with scales!!

Up with attitudes!! Up with attitudes!!

We CAN do it!
****, we ARE doing it!

Crock - Congrats on your lost poundage! South Beach has been kind to you...keep it up!

Lillion - Enjoy your fringe benefits...sorry about the gain (??) if it sticks that is.

Kymberly - Morocco - I am so J.

Juleee - I am happy for you getting such a great deal on your wedding ensemble.

Nancy - I had my hysterectomy at age 25. I already had a child (19) but I had my tubes tied when I had him. Anyway, I understand you have not decided about children yet but regarding the physical problems side of it. My hysterectomy was great. No more TOM, no more pain, no more bleeding for months at a time, no more cysts, no more laparascopies it was just great. I just take one estrgen tablet per day and everything stays on an even keel hormone wise. (of course that is only if they take your ovaries too.) Eitherway, good luck with the procedure you pick and with your health overall. I know it is hard to get over the shock of finding out what you thought would happen has changed drastically...but remember, it is your decision.

Amber - yes, I would definitely suspect Whack scales in that case. I never get to be nude either living with my brother and my parents. Sometimes, when all three of them are gone off somewhere and I know it is safe I will get nude and go all over the house just for the **** of it. (I dont mean in their rooms or anything, just downstairs and such) Then again, now that my son and his wife live next door and they have keys, I guess I cant do that anymore either. He caught me in my sports bra the other day and immediately left which is funny because I generally go around in my sportsbra if it is hot, but he does not know that. Poor kid. He likes stick figures and he is stuck with a blob for a mom.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:52 AM   #24  

Amber - What fun! Having a workout buddy must make it go by a lot faster, huh? I can't stand having people watch me do my dance workout, as I just think I look terrible! LOL! But I can't wait for the summer to do fun activities, that won't really SEEM like a workout...like playing tennis and going in our pool! COME ON SUMMER!!!

Nancy - You certainly have a good head on your shoulders, and I'm glad that you didn't turn to evil Ben! Ugh...I'm hating Spreadsheets...I guess I should really pay attention, huh?

I don't weigh nude either, but I think maybe my boyfriend might enjoy that more! Tonight, I sat and visited with Mom for a while, and worked on my falls. I'm nearly done with the second one, and I'll be DONE! I thought it was going to take me the whole month, but pretty much got them all done in about 2 days of working on them. It's becoming easier, and I may even sell some on Ebay, as they go for a PRETTY PENNY! lol

At school, I managed to get caught up on most everything. I have one more little project that's due by Friday, and I really need to start doing more of my Spreadsheets course work...it's just so BORING.

I'm not going to get my hopes up or anything, but the lady in the office told me that there's going to be an opening for a permanent position in their office, as one of the ladies is going to be having a baby in May and won't be back...it'd be secretarial work, and it's part time. I'm going to have to come up with a GOOD resume, cover letter, get my transcripts together, and get some good references...I WANT AN OFFICE JOB DAMMIT!!! LOL

I wish TOM would pack up and leave already! BAH!
Old 03-07-2006, 03:25 AM   #25  

Good Morning All,

Well it's a grey, wet, rainy day here, but other than that all is well. I did end up having a little over eat last night, I had been fancying toast with real butter for days. I decided I would get that out of my system and stick my fingers up at the scales at the same time so had the toast and now I feel 100% ready to carry on with the dieting and exercising with the hope that the scales won't be so nasty next time I get on them.

Kayley - we would love a car, but as you know they cost a bomb when something needs doing on them. So for now we stick to public transport. It's not reliable, and it's a pain when it's bad weather, but still it works out cheaper than a car. Maybe when the girls have left home we will be able to afford one!!

That's great news about the up coming office job that you can apply for. Do you think they would take a whole heap of references from your online friends Can you imagine taking in a whole ream of letters from people saying how wonderful you are. It sure would be impressive

Amber - how are you feeling today, a little less annoyed at the scales I hope. Isn't it funny, in a not funny way how those stupid machines can really get us down.

I guess you like Reece Witherspoon then? Has she won any Oscars before? I loved her in the Legally Blonde films. Daren bought them for me when I was in hospital one of my surgeries. The nurses all thought we were so adorable because we held hands and watched the films on my lap top PC.

Garnetfairy - I am not sure about now, but when I put my profile on the dating sites it was free. More often than not it was the men who had to pay if they wanted to email the woman. And I think on one site I would have had to pay if I wanted to reply to any man who showed an interest. Needless to say I didn't pay anything I think Daren paid something like £10 to be able to email me, and he says it's the best money he ever spent I know there are a lot of horror stories about meeting people from the Net, but you don't often hear the wonderful stories. So if I were you I would type in online dating sites in your search engine and just see what's out there. Sometimes you can search the sites looking at the profiles without even registering.

I loved what you said to Sharon about sharing her weight loss with us both wouldn't it be great if people had a good loss and could share it with their friends, here you go, two lbs for you, and 2 for you, that leaves me 2

Nancy - sounds like you have calmed down since your initial post about your possible surgery. It's a bit of a shock to the system to begin with isn't it. I think you are very wise to go for a second opinion if and when you are told that you will need a hysterectomy. Better to be sure than sorry.

It's time for breakfast now, so I shall toddle off and decide if I am going to have porridge or cornflakes. Decisions decisions Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-07-2006, 04:25 AM   #26  

Just stopping in to say hi. Have a good day!
Old 03-07-2006, 04:45 AM   #27  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

wow its hopping here again. im so behind, im sorry if i dont respond individually.

part of one of my fillings fell out over the weekend, so i have to go on wednesday and get that fixed. i dont have insurance, but they are going to let me make payments. they are nice there

ammi - i see that you didnt have a loss. *hugs* sometimes the scale is not the answer. you are getting healther and thats the real important part.im sure if you did your measurements you would see a change. try once a week, but do it at arround the same time each week so you can track more accurately.

someone was looking for free online dating? try okcupid. you can look it up. or add the .com to the end.. lol everything is free and its pretty cool.

hope you are all having wonderful weeks!

Luan
Old 03-07-2006, 06:32 AM   #28  

Ammi - If I lived in the UK, I probably would stick to public transportation, too! Isn't gas something like $5 a gallon over there or something?!?! And we DARE to complain! LOL.
Quote:
Can you imagine taking in a whole ream of letters from people saying how wonderful you are.
Thank you, that's very sweet.

Jessica - Good morning, how are YOU?

Luan - How's school going? Good luck at the dentist! I can't STAND going, as novacaine has no affect on me, no matter how many shots they administer! UGH!

Just woke up, and going to do a little bit of a workout here after a few...need to WAKE UP MORE, before I even think about going out there and trying it! Or I'll end up falling over or something. Didn't get that much sleep last night.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:15 AM   #29  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Online dating? I used to use matchdoctor.com because it was free to look and read everything about people and even free to send them messages. I never met anyone through there because I ended up meeting Jeff in a chat room, but I did have some fun doing it
Old 03-07-2006, 07:28 AM   #30  

Kayleystar~I am doing good just got my boy off to school. Congrats on losing 43 pounds that is really great! Way to go gona exercise bright and early in the morning! I need to get my butt movin I will proble lose more that way!
Have a good Tuesday everyone!
Closed Thread