Old 05-23-2005, 10:13 AM   #31  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin' all,

This has to be quick ... I'm working.

2 days back OP and feeling good. It's Motivational Monday and just knowing I've got myself back in a healthy mindset makes me feel like a million bucks!
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:13 AM   #32  

Smile

Good Morning All!

Well, it was a long and fattening weekend. I had an SCA event on Saturday with hamburgers and potato salad to eat and then we totally blew it by going to Longhorn! My nod to the program was the fat free dressing on the salad and the 8 oz sirloin (of which I ate 1/2) in place of my usual 14 oz ribeye. But the chili-cheese fries, sweet potato with butter and the ribs were definately not on the program, nor was the cheesecake...but I only had a few bites. Sunday was a bit better. We had steak and eggs for breakfast, with the other 1/2 of the steak from the night before and since it was both breakfast and lunch (at 11 a.m.) it was okay. But the large buttered popcorn at Revenge of the Sith was not! What can I say, Sith Happens! But, today is a new day and I'm back on track. I intend to be very, very good to make up for Saturday.

Revenge of the Sith was a pretty good movie. Of course, I'm a Star Wars purest and I'm not too taken with the new trilogy, but my kid loves them. I thought Anakin was a big whiner in the second movie and was dreading this one, but it - and he - was much better. They made the transition to the dark side very understandable from his point of view. Now DH and I need to find a sitter so we can go see Kingdom of Heaven.

Mertz: The 2x2 is quite simple. On Monday a new 2x2 starts. The challenge is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks. After 2 weeks have passed you e-mail Terri (determined to succeed) with your loss. If you gain - it doesn't get taken off, but you can't claim a loss until what you regain is gone. Anyway, it helps keep track if you weigh on Monday, but it isn't necessary. I weigh on Friday. I'll just report my total from last Friday and use that as my starting weight for the next 2x2. You could use last Tuesday's and just report what you lose in two weeks from that date.

Tashabella: I think I was the one who suggested you ease up on the strict dieting. I'm glad you haven't been binging. Really, that is why I like WW. There are no "forbidden" foods. All you have to do is count it and try to keep under your point target. Granted, I had a "bad" weekend...but I didn't gorge myself on the cheesecake either - just took a few bites - and now I'm back on track. I also find that keeping a low-cal/point version of the foods I'd normally binge on helps. For instance, I have a weakness for ice cream. I eat some almost every day still. But, instead of Ben & Jerry's I have a WW ice cream bar and count the points. Kills my urge to run to Dairy Queen for a banana split. (and I've actually had a banana split and stayed OP for the day!) Anyway, if it's helping I'm glad.

Judy: Love your avatar! I'm a fairy girl too!

Well, time to work!

(Off I go!)

(Seriously - I'm working here!)

Ah, heck - guess I really better go!

Last edited by Lilion; 05-23-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:25 AM   #33  

STOP... Don't post here... Follow us to 300+ And Ready To Try Again #720
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote