Old 02-04-2005, 12:11 PM   #16  

Esmaurade – welcome!

Gmalil – My cousing had three preemie babies, all survived. The earliest to be delivered was 23 weeks, so it can be done. Prayers heading skyward for your babies!

Thin – I remember that plane crash! The little girl was saved because her mother covered her with her own body. The kid’s name was Cecilia Sichan (sp?). Geez – I can remember that but not what I had for dinner last night.

Iwillbe – I know what you mean about not having a clue about why the weight gain happened. It seems like I was in a walking coma, then one day I came to and said “WHAT THE #%@*???” I don’t know how I let it get this bad.

Why I want to lose weight: I live in fear that one of my parents will die, because I can’t fit on a plane to go to the funeral (I’m not just typing this because of BarbPA, I have been thinking about this for years). I would love to see an IMAX movie someday. I want to be around for my children, grand-children, even great-grandchildren. I want to rent a kayak and paddle on the Bay. I could go on forever so in a nutshell: I want to do things, go places.

Best of the day to all - Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #17  
It's gotta be the glasses

Height: 5'8"

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

I kinda debated if I should post this over in recipes, but these aren't really exact enough to be considered recipes, I imagine. But I wanted to post these here because they are my everyday staples; over years of trial and error I've discovered that this is what works for me. I don't officially call it a diet because the framework I've created is flexible enough to keep me from getting too bored.

I just finished my breakfast, and omelette sandwich. Yummy! I usually put a big handful of veggies (spinach, broccoli, peppers, etc.) in a bowl and mix in one egg. Then I throw it in the microwave for a minute, turn it over like a patty, and add a teeny bit of cheese and cook it for another 30 seconds. I usually use fat-free ranch dressing instead of mayonnaise and of course I use whole-grain bread (toasted). I like to alternate whatever vegetables I'm in the mood for. Sometimes I just go for chopped spinach, and sometimes I want something a little southwest and use peppers, onions, corn, beans, and a little taco seasoning.

I try to alternate between an omelette sandwich and yogurt with fruit & whole grain cereal. That way, I don't worry that I've had too many eggs in a week, and it gives a little variety. When I occasionally have something else, I just make sure I eat a sensible portion.

On the days I have yogurt, I always pick something that's fat-free with no added sugar. I scoop it into a cereal bowl and mix in a little fresh fruit (which is always changing) and I add some kind of whole-grain cereal to make it crunchy.

I make sure I have a huge spinach-based salad at lunch before I eat anything else. Sometimes I add chicken breast or a little bit of lunchmeat (although I don't do this too often because of the sodium). When I make it big enough, I'm satisfied with having a small portion of whatever else I fix.

And as for dinner, I basically eat whatever I want (along with another salad, LOL), keeping in mind that it's relatively healthy and that I'm eating a sensible amount. Sometimes I make a big batch of "diet burritos" and freeze 'em in separate baggies so I can nuke one whenever I want. My finace loves 'em, and he hates anything that tastes even remotely "diet-y." I also like to get the Healthy Choice-type frozen dinners for backup on days I don't feel like cooking.

Well, that's what works well for me, anyway. I like it cuz there's no measuring and no counting.
esmaraude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:30 PM   #18  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies!

I’m having a hard time keeping up with this forum so many posts! I think it’s great.

I hope everyone is having a good day… it’s been pretty good so far. I weighed in a little early… I haven’t lost anything… but I didn’t gain anything either. It’s been rather rough this past week. I’ve been eating right, but having a hard time getting any exercise in because my aunt just got married and flew in from Ohio on Saturday last week. So I’ve been spending time with my new family and showing them around. They are leaving this Saturday, so I’m looking forward to getting back to exercising…

Everyone have a good day! I'm gonna see if I can fit in a mile tracker and car tracker into my signature. You're only allowed so many characters, so I'm gonna have to try to figure out how to squish things in or figure out what to delete hhehhee... Take care everyone!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:43 PM   #19  
Falling, but fighting...

Good afternoon,

I am happy to say that I have worked out at Bally's every day this week, plus walked with a friend once as well. That is 6 times of 'real' exercise! yeah for me......

I am also happy to report that I have consumed all the recommended glasses of water this week.

I am embarassed to report that my food intake still sucks, but I am trying to improve it.

I am suppose to weigh in at WW tomorrow, but don't really want to face the scale. I am trying to force myself to go and deal with it. I am still trying....

What does everyone do when they just can't control their eating? I need some tricks, tips, etc.......

Welcome to all the new members! I am so happy to see this family growing!

Well lunch is over, got to run.

Susie
SusieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #20  

Hi Susie - I am having the same problem. CD posted a "fear of failure" thread just a few days ago which I am going to be journaling in a few minutes. Also, I have re-started Dr. Phil's book, so I hope that helps me. I am slowly getting the idea that if I don't work on my mental health I may as well kiss my physical health goodbye. I refuse to stay OP and I DON'T KNOW WHY. It is so frustrating. I am driving myself crazy!! Misery loves company, I'm glad I'm not the only one who won't control her eating. (Sorry about that, but it's true.) -Ruby
Old 02-04-2005, 03:13 PM   #21  
Phil 4:8

hi everyone,
i need some help desperately. i jumped into this feet first. i was told how positive i was. i just wondered aroung amilessly. i posted some messages. in 2 weeks i have got one. i was told i was on an old thread. so some one please tell me how to start out and go to the current place 300+, christian encouragers, health issues, support, ect. then place a post in the current place. i am discouraged about now. hanging on and hanging in there by a thread.

DATE -2/5/05

USER NAME -craftymom2005

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -i love crafts and it is 2005. i do scrap booking, cards, knit, crochte, and lots of other things. i use to oil paint and then went to acrylics when the oils got to be to much.

REAL NAME -mary

AGE -52

BIRTHDATE -9/26

WHERE YOU LIVE -seattle area

SIGNIFICANT OTHER -john

ANNIVERSARY -11/04

KIDS - 2 grown 1 son who just got married in dec. he is 30. a daughter who is dating and lives on her own. she is 26

PETS -1 dog who is my companion and i would spoil her rotten if my husband would just let me. i cat who is her own cat.

OCCUPATION -mother, wife. daughter, sell avon

STARTING WEIGHT -300

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - eating healthy, smaller portions, wise choices

FAV. EXERCISE(S) -none i have fibromyalgia and it is hard to find something that doesn't hurt more than i already do

FAV. NO-NO FOODS -choclate. sweets, salty

FAV.BOOK(S) -it's a magazine country living

FAV. MOVIE(S) -cutting edge

FAV. SONG(S) -dane with my father-luther vandross

FAV. QUOTE -never tell people how to do things. telll them what to do and they will surpirse you with their ingenuity. general george s. patton
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU -i'm looking forward to the challange ahead. my moto is people who hide nothing have nothing to hide. i do love life. it's just that there are times when it is hard to move through it. i am thrilled with the prospect of meeting new people who will put me to the challange. life is good this day.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #22  

Hi CraftyMom - When you first log onto 3fatchicks.com, look at the menu bar at the top of the page, then click on "FORUM". There you will see a list of all the forums, and in smaller print, the subforums like "300+" and "Faith Based". After you get into a forum, then you choose a thread (topic) being careful to pick something recent. Some forums, like this one, use numbered threads (e.g. we are now posting on #646) and some use dates (e.g. Sugar Busters Weekly Support 1/31 through 2/6). I find that most folks don't often check small threads, but go for the most part onto the main threads. Hope this helps. -Ruby
Old 02-04-2005, 04:35 PM   #23  
Inchworm

Default Post n run...

Just checking in...I appreciate all the support I am getting regarding my dgd's pregnancy. (I'm more like a mom to her, since I raised her from age 5)

I went to curves this morning for my work out, and weighed in with a 'maintain', which was not a surprise.

gotta scoot.
gmalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:31 PM   #24  
Leanne

Ok well it wasn't a fun friday for me yesterday - I got bad news about work and stayed miserable all afternoon/evening. The good thing is that I didn't binge when I did, even though my kids had a big packet of potato chips in the cupboard. So I've had 4 totally on plan days - and 2Cute's challenge has definitely helped me stay on track (or should that be on road?).

I'm heading out to the pool in a minute so don't have enough time for a lot of individual replies, but

Craftymom welcome to this group - the people here are great and most understanding since everyone is facing or has faced most of the same battles you are facing in the weighloss journey. About the exercise, I know its really hard to exercise when you have a physical problem that makes it difficult, but some of the ladies here (including me) exercise in a pool, as its weight supported and takes a lot of the pain out of it. I have bad arthritis in my hip and knee and at times this is the only exercise I've been able to do. Anyway - welcome to the group

SusieH I was where you are a couple of weeks back. I just couldn't seem to get myself sorted as far as food even though I was drinking all the water, and exercising and journalling (although not as often as I should have). I posted here and asked for suggestions on getting the right mindset back. What worked for me is saying "ok here is a starting point, and each minute from here is a new minute, a minute that I'm succeeding in". So I just took it one minute at a time, asked myself when I was tempted if I really wanted to mess up that minute (which I didn't) and before I knew it, minutes are hours, etc. Obviously that won't work for everyone, but it worked for me

Esmaraude sounds like you have the food side of things all worked out I know I do best when I can follow a healthy routine of food - being out from home or the days that ! mess my routine up are the times I tend to eat the wrong things.

Ruby I have written down a list of things that I would like to do "when I lose weight". And I have already done some of them, that I didn't believe were possible because of my size. It's a good motivator, and helps me to realise I'm not putting my life on hold to wait until some number on the scale tells me its ok to live

I know I haven't answered everyone, but I need to get going to the pool
Have a great day everyone

Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:51 PM   #25  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Evenin' Ladies,

Well, so far it's been a good week. Not without it's challenges but I've managed to stay on my WW program. WI is tomorrow.

Hippygoddess: I'm sorry there are problems at work but be PROUD of yourself for not eating away your stress.

therubyslippers!!: You said "I am slowly getting the idea that if I don't work on my mental health I may as well kiss my physical health goodbye." This is the truth!!!!! I swear sometimes I can think myself fatter even though my mental image of myself is usually of what I looked like 150 lbs. ago! I need to meet myself somewhere in the middle.

Susie: Sounds like you've got exercise and H2O just about right. Stop and think about your food. What am I eating? When am I eating? Why am I eating? Pick one of your answers and address only that for a week. When you're comfortable with that go to the next answer. Little steps will get you back on track.

SueMarie: Amazing how having company can throw us off our plan isn't it? You'll be back to your exercise really soon.

esmaraude: WELCOME! You'll like it here. Some of your breakfast ideas sound great.

Terri, 2Cute, iwillbe, BarbPa and everyone I've missed: Have a lovely evening and stay OP. I know Fiday nights can be tough.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #26  

Default hi all, new here

I am new to this site, but it sounds wonderful. I started at 430 lbs, an want to get down to a goal weight of 200. I have been doing a slimfast/diabetic meal plan of 1500 cals a day. that is under half of what someone my age, weight and lifestyle should be eating. I have lost 11 lbs in 4 weeks. I hope to get to know a lot of you.
Dommie
dommiepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:33 PM   #27  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies…

Craftymom – hi there! I’m on the Depression and Weight Loss daily chats with you as well welcome! Don’t feel alone… I was the same way. It’s hard to break habits and get into a routine. I do scrapbooking as well. If you ever need to talk to someone, you can always PM me. When I first started really truly dieting and posting on here… it was unbelievably frustrating. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong. I did a lot of reading and asking questions about what people were doing to lose weight and what those methods entailed. I basically came up to the conclusion, I didn’t want to do any of those things (such as atkins or south beach) and I wasn’t about to spend money because I couldn’t afford it. So I took what I learned and figured I would try counting calories. You know, it worked, of course the hard part was cutting back on how much I ate. But I can eat what I want, just not as much as I used to. You are beginning your journey now…you need to do some research and figure out what works for you. It’s hard, and frustrating… believe me I know. But we’re here for you and you’ll never be judged! *big hugz*

Dommie – WELCOME!

Today has been a trying day. One of my students, *sigh* slit her wrists. There’s been talk between the other teachers and myself as to why she is here in school in the first place. Many feel she needs to be in a psychiatric hospital, or at least therapy. It’s a bit upsetting to me. She’s being tossed around in the school district… no wonder why she you! I hope for her sake that whatever therapy session or whatever the next step is taken for her, that something good comes out of it.

It was a lovely day today… amazingly gorgeous outside… just couldn’t enjoy it today. However, now that I’m home, I hope I can get out of this slump and enjoy the rest of the day.

I tried something new today… Slim Fast Snack Bar… I have to say, this stuff taste SO MUCH better than they did years ago. I might consider buy these snack bars instead of eating granola bars all the time. Something quick and easy that I can take to work with me instead of going out for fast food.

I will definitely be getting my exercising in tonight. I have league tonight… some of my league members told me I made the papers for my first 200 game two weeks back. I’m excited!! I can’t wait to see the paper when I get there!

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:01 PM   #28  
I'm on my way!

Just a fly by posting as usual to check in!!

Welcome to our 3 new chicks!! You have entered into a great place for warmth, support and encouragement!!

I just need to report another 2 lb loss! I think I am finally on my way!! It has taken me long enough but I think I can do this now!!

I'll try and catch up with you all this weekend!! We are having a superbowl party on sunday so I have alot of laundry and cleaning to do between now and then! And cooking! I am really a PATRIOTS fan, but I think I would like to see the EAGLES win this time...afterall, they have NEVER won a superbowl game yet!! And the PATRIOTS have won 3 out of the last 4 years!! So....we will just have to see what happens!! Its gonna be a fun night at my house!!!!

TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:42 PM   #29  

SueMarie - how horrible about your student. I am assuming you teach teenagers? Also, I was very interested in your comments about counting calories. I'm going to try that starting tomorrow. I haven't a clue about how many calories I am eating in a day. Enough to maintain my girth, apparently.

Does anyone know how many calories are needed to maintain basal metabolism? I had thought it was 8 calories per pound of body weight, but that is so far back in my memory it may be waaaay off.

Good evening all - Ruby
Old 02-04-2005, 08:43 PM   #30  
Leanne

Hi Dommie, and welcome to the group I have an Arianna too - but shes 16 now.
Well done on the loss Michelle!

Ruby you were posting when I was, so I added this bit later for you ...
if you are interested in counting calories have you had a look at the Calorie King site? calorieking.com - I use the australian version called dietclub, and they have downloadable software that you enter all your details (height, weight, age etc) in and they give you a recommended calorie and exercise intake to lose weight. They also give you the calorie count of heaps of foods. It's really good - its what I've been using for a few months and find it really helps me keep track. Anyway, it might be helpful.

Leanne

Last edited by hippygoddess; 02-04-2005 at 08:49 PM.
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote