Old 01-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #16  

Hi gang--Back, finally. Wow. So many new names/faces. Welcome all, and like Terri, I'll try to keep current from here forward.

I put 4 pounds back on between my pre-Christmas WI and this one, but I think that's mostly PMS. Traveling was insane, and starting school back up has been insane, but, other aspects of life are better, and I'm being better about exercise (20 minutes or more daily) this week so far.

Leanne, baby, sounds like you've been way sick and I missed it. So sorry, and so pulling for you.

Anne, I just have to jump in and say I grew up in New Kensington and my dad worked in McKeesport when I was a kid.

I'm not going to try to catch up with everyone, sorry, but I'll try to be regular from here on out. Happy New Year to all.
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:01 PM   #17  
BELIEVE!

Hi Chicks!
Just popping in to say hi and Welcome Steph back! Good to see you!
Have a wonderful evening!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:22 PM   #18  
I'm on my way!

Hey Steph..welcome back!

I need to say welcome to all the newbies in the group!! It really is a great place to get support and talk about ANYTHING that you need to get out!! There are so many different opinions and view points you are bound to find something to help you out!!

Thin...no...not packed yet! The laundry keeps multiplying! Geesh! I am going to start the packing tomorrow after work!! And to finish up the laundry then too! I have to clean the house up and clean out the refridgerator too by friday. We leave when I get home at 12:30!! So much to do and so little time!

2Cute...I live about 30-40 minutes north of the Farmer's market in Raleigh so that would put me about an hour north of Sanford NC where Marcie lives. So when you talk your hubby into visiting NC you can visit the two of us!! Just remember...DON'T COME IN JULY OR AUGUST!! I hear the humidity is unbearable!! But the rest of the year is beautiful here!!

Has anyone heard from Tina? Or GAIL...where the heck are you girl??

Just for the record...We get on the scale at work on Mondays and I lost 4 lbs this week. I need to get my exercise going so I can keep it up!

Leanne glad to hear you are feeling better! Enjoy the kids' kindness while you can!!

Ruby I was thinking the same thing you were about Thin's comments about her bank jobs!!

Sorry to not post to everyone..Barbpa...glad to see you hanging in there!

And just for the record...we all have different time schedules, jobs, commitments, family etc...and we all know its hard to post individual replies on a regular basis and remember everyone's names when roll calling at the time we are typing, but we also all know that we care about each other and would never intentionally omit someone or ignore someone while we are posting...I know most nights I skim the thread and just post a run by posting and try to mention a few who have asked a question of me when I can remember it! If I ever don't answer your question please post it to me again...I may have forgotten by the time I post! Did that all make sense? My hours are crazy and even though I have 2 half days those long days drag me down and I am recuperating on those half days! Anyway...

I need to jump in bed now...those 5 a.m. mornings come pretty darn quick!

Catch you all later!! Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:25 PM   #19  
I'm on my way!

See I told you my brain don't function properly when I am here typing...I have been meaning to tell you all for 3 days now that you gotta try the Lean Cuisine Mushroom and Spinach pizza! Yummmmm...to die for!! Its an individual pan pizza and it has a little fettuccini primavera sauce on it! Its only 5 or 6 points too~~ The margerita pizza was ok...not as good as the spinach and mushroom though!

OK bye for now!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:15 PM   #20  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just checking before NYPD Blue. I had a nice lunch today with mom and my cousin. She, my cousin, is leaving for Florida tomorrow afternoon and won't be back until the first week of May! YIKES! Must be nice! She's about 10 years older than I am and is a retired nurse and her hubby is a semi-retired dentist so I guess they can afford to get away, ya think!

Mom is doing better since she called the Dr. for a dose of anti-biotics. She has not been out of the house since Christmas morning so I was good for her to get some fresh air and it was somewhat mild out today.

I procrastinated and did not pull any bank jobs today so now I have 5 to do tomorrow and my girlfriend asked if I wanted to go to lunch. Sheeesh, I really should learn, ya know?

Michelle: Funny, but I never try the pizza ones. In any of the brands. Not sure why that is. Sounds like you've got a ways to go to get ready for the big trip. How long are you gone? Just the weekend?

BarbPA: Hope you are getting into the right frame of mind for this next IVF to "take" for you. I'm still praying that this will the "magic" time AND that Jeff will be feeling better real soon.

Angela: Glad your vacationing is done. 4 pounds is not all that bad, considering. It sounds like you're back on track and those 20 minutes of exercise each day will surely pay off.

Terri: No, I haven't talked about supplements. I take so many now for my knees, etc. And I hate taking pills. Maybe if I get desperate, I will.

Mary: What a great idea that you guys have a treadmill and you ALL take turns at it. Makes you sorta tow the line!

Steph: Good to see you, girlfriend! Glad you're back. Hope it's not just for a flyby and then we don't see you anymore. * You're right, there are a whole lotta new faces here. Wonderful group of folks that have hopped on board this New Year.

Kari: Where abouts in Michigan are you? I don't think I asked before, but hey, my memory's going. I'm in Sterling Heights. Are we close? * I'm glad the mouth is healing....slowly but surely. I can imagine soups would get old after awhile!

Leanne: Glad you're back! Geez, what a scare. I'm glad the kids were ok while you were gone. Milk that kindness you're seeing from them for all it's worth before you let them go back to being kids! Selfish? It never occured to me to think you selfish. You're in a tough spot. I can remember being alone with two kids in NC years ago and not having any family around. It's not a pretty thought. Hang in there and take care of yourself.

Kerri: "I've decided to stay away from the challenges....last month when I tried, I didn't do well at first and just threw it all out the window!" I know how you feel. I haven't been able to get into the long ones, but those 2x2's are doing ok. I guess I can do bite size pieces!

2cute: I liked your "small town" analogy. You always do that stuff so well!

Marcie: I'm with Qadira, that wasn't very nice of you to give such a scrumtious description of your poundcake excursion!

Ruby: Nope, no ski mask! I do mystery shopping and merchandising. Fun and I have NO BOSS except for ME!!!

Anne: You're right. Daytime napping isn't any good IMHO either. I have really screwed up my sleep schedule. I was up til 5 AM this morning. Crashed in the recliner this afternoon and so the circle will continue.

Qadira: I always have to think about how to spell your name. I learned the rule was "u" after "q" and I always want to insert a "u" in your name.

Ok, I'm caught up again! WooHoo! I'm trying to do better. Love ya bunches. I want to catch more than 15 minutes of NYPD Blue. Later....
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:38 AM   #21  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

Hi guys !! Glad to see so many posting.

I am happy to report my food is going GREAT !!! It feels soooo good when you stay on plan... makes me wonder why I ever go off. But then someone mentioned .... " A treat is just that ... a treat." I can get sooo overly strict on myself that I forget it is okay to have an occasional treat. I am not a bad dieter. I think I goofed .. when in reality ... I did not.
The thing to remember is... it is not a daily thing. LOL It is a treat. LOL

Kari berry .. don't be too hard on your brother. If I truly believe in what I am doing I get overly zealous too. He truly feels he can help. But I agree with you... I would feel much more comfortable at the Nu Lady Fitness too.

Kerri .. thanks for your kind words of encouragement If I got paid for posting I would first be RICH !!! and then broke when everyone would ask for a refund.

Leanne... I am so happy you are home and getting better.
I don't know where you got the idea anyone thought you were selfish. NO WAY. I certainly didn't get that impression at all. We are all very concerned for you.

Steph !!!! good to see you again!!!!. You are like my car keys... lose you, find you, lose you, find you. hope you stick around longer this time. I am right there with you... This is going to my year too.

Grannie/Mary ... I just saw a segment on the Today Show about green tea.
They said if you drink it "instead" of coffee ... you will lose 10 lbs in 6 weeks.
I only drink cold tea ... have you drank it cold ???
Congratulations on your treadmill walking. WAY TO GO !!!
You are a very busy lady.

Terri ... I have to thank you for your 2x2 ... that is what got me back on the right track. That and my commitment to "Back to the Basics". I avoided treats while doing back to the basics ... but an occasional treat is okay. Thanks for that reminder too.
Plus... it really helps me to plan those challenges. This month did not work out for me... but Feb I will be sending one out to anyone who wants to join in. I have every intention of doing even better this year !!!!

Barbg... you haven't posted on this thread yet... but your "goal" for Spring Fling helps me to focus too. I have a "goal" for Spring fling too... and it will be LESS than what I weighed at the last one.

Angela... welcome back home. Those 4 lbs will be off again before you know it.
Way to go on your exercising. I received a little daily calendar for Christmas. Each day it gives a quote or a recipe or something. Recently it said..."Exercise - It is Non-Negotiable" It had an entire paragraph on the SIMPLE FACT... we have to exercise.

BarbPA... I sure do miss you posting more. I hope you are feeling better every day. I hope your husband is finally getting some relief from his pain. I keep thinking about how I used to meditate daily and how much it helped me. Breathe in peace.. breathe out stress. Breathe in patience... breathe out frustrations. Breathe in hope and faith... breathe out doubt.
I feel better just typing it.

Michelle ... Congratulations on your 4 lb loss. Exercise will not only help you lose ... it helps you gain mobility, health and a hot body.
That pizza sounds yummy !!!

Thin... glad you were able to get your mom out of the house. Gotta take advantage of a nice day when you get one. Well... your cousin doesn't... she can just go to Florida. LOL
I was going to wait until tomorrow to do this... but since I am doing a long post, I might as well do it now.

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Thinthinker
Happy Birthday to YOUuuuu !!!

I hope you did not schedule yourself to WORK all day.
That is the advantage of being your own boss.
Enjoy your day !!!!

Okay... I hope no one gets used to these individual replys I am sure they are not going to last for long. LOL
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:02 AM   #22  
I'm on my way!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIN!!!

Old 01-12-2005, 07:11 AM   #23  

I do not have time to ready through all the posts this morning...but I wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIN!!!!!

Also...have a great on plan day everyone!!!!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:19 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 290/232/144

1/11/05
I stayed the same with my weight In 228 which i was glad about i have been off program for the last 2 weeks
school here was closed yesterday but i made my weight watchers meeting before the snow. it started storming just as i walked out the door from my meeting and then i had the 20 mile trip home by the time i got here i was glad to be home called DH at work { He drives a roll-off truck for Waste Management } and told him the roads are getting bad to get home ........... like he did not know that the roads were getting bad being a truck driver .............. OH well i just want him to get home hate it when he is out there and the roads are bad and being a roll-off driver is not like being a rear load driver who have to be out there for anyone that does not know what a roll- off truck is it is the big containers that people use when building a house, moving , or reroofing a house that sort of thing ,,,,,,,,,,,, Any way he called and told me he is on his way home the first thing out of his mouth was could you turn on my coffee and the next thing was what are you going to make me for lunch typical male thing of his tummy he is one of those people that has always been skinny but at 46 years old he does not shake the weight as fast but he is eating healthier since i started ww HEHEHE and he dont even know it some times with men what they dont know dont hurt,

1/12/05
DH took the day off of work today because my electric stove top Quite working and he has to plow but he just told me that he thinks he has found out what is wrong with the stove there is a wire burnt off hopefully he can fix it {keeping my fingers crossed }
we have a 2 hr delay today but it is still freezeing rain out keep hopeing for them to close school but i dont think it will happen ! OH well
Happy Birthday Thin
memoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:50 AM   #25  
Tilting at windmills

Happy Birthday, Thin
fierum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:51 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday Thin!

Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:53 AM   #27